Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Stokes to IR after playing four snaps after coming off PUP. Sucks.

Closing my eyes and dreaming of that preseason moment where our CB room was a healthy Alexander, Douglas, and Nixon. Valentine flashing and Stokes coming back from PUP.

Savage to IR as well. Musgrave's issue is thankfully an ankle and not a concussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Stokes to IR after playing four snaps after coming off PUP. Sucks.

At this point he's pretty close to an injury bust. Even healthy it's hard to find him a position on a healthy Packers secondary. How many seasons does he have left on the rookie contract, just one plus a 5th year option?

I guess we'll have a lot of cap space after this season so the team will probably still pick up that 5th year, but it's not looking promising.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
I don't know why you're having potentially your starting corner who is coming off of the PUP list taking snaps with the kicking team at all. It just feels like a recipe for disaster, and it's hard to believe that there isn't enough depth to pull literally anybody else.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I wouldn't get too carried away about the Bears defense. Good performances against the Vikings without Jefferson and the corpse of Brian Hoyer. Much better than what they were doing early in the year but lets see how they do against Herbert.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m not really looking forward to hearing about a bunch of CrossFit bullshit though.

Beats hearing about Mitch's lovely car.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I was just thinking how insane this whole experience has to be for Bagent. If you look up his college highlights, the guy is playing in front of maybe 1000 people a game. Now he's playing on national TV in front of 60k+.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Wollawolla posted:

I don't know why you're having potentially your starting corner who is coming off of the PUP list taking snaps with the kicking team at all. It just feels like a recipe for disaster, and it's hard to believe that there isn't enough depth to pull literally anybody else.

Starters have been on special teams since Rich took over. Big part of why it improved. He was only going to be taking limited snaps on the defense anyway. Just another freak injury that was unrelated to why he was on PUP.

Unrelated but Stokes may not even have been starting barring injury to Alexander or Douglas.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

I wouldn't get too carried away about the Bears defense. Good performances against the Vikings without Jefferson and the corpse of Brian Hoyer. Much better than what they were doing early in the year but lets see how they do against Herbert.

Beats hearing about Mitch's lovely car.

The Vikings without Jefferson are still a legitimate NFL offense and Washington has been scoring points. Keeping those guys to under 20 is an achievement.

I will not defend the Raiders. Even with the talent they have, the Raiders are a dumpster fire. However, they did pants said trash can, which is what you are supposed to do.

I understand not getting ahead of yourself on this and I agree, but you can only play the opponent in front of you. Over the last three weeks, the Bears defense have been balling out. It is a reason for false hope.

Besides, the Chargers are even more poorly coached than the Bears.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If the Packers lose again this weekend I wonder if the team doesn't trade away Preston Smith. He's on the wrong side of 30 and if we're calling the season a wash it's gonna be better to get Van Ness more snaps and development.

Even without Smith there's plenty of veteran presence on the defense (Alexander, Douglas, Campbell, Clark) to help keep things tied down, unlike what we're seeing with the receivers.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Wouldn't surprise me, even though he's having a decent year. But it's a position with a lot of depth, and I'm sure if the offer is there it'll be snapped up quickly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm glad he is doing so well for you, Lions, because I always wanted the Jags to take him.
https://twitter.com/lions/status/1717330098763030831?s=46&t=tXZqz7ag4o4wHOrfeMA-gw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
God I wish I was going to the game, I'd love to pair that with my Amon Ra and Goff bobbleheads that have the exact same face/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Was our last Monday night game the start of the Patricia era?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Henchman of Santa posted:

Was our last Monday night game the start of the Patricia era?

I think the Lions beat the Patriots on MNF during Patricia's tenure?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think Campbell's first game at Lambeau with the Lions was Monday Night. Only game he's lost to the Packers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yup, I checked and that was the last one. Before that the last Monday night game was also against the Packers, the phantom hands to the face game.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

I know, so effective.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i think the Packers are definitely the Red Sox

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

MJeff posted:

God I wish I was going to the game, I'd love to pair that with my Amon Ra and Goff bobbleheads that have the exact same face/

i always get these two confused so it makes sense

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I think the Packers are cool

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

I think the Packers are cool

mods?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I agree, the Packers are cool

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Admins have a pro packers bias, my hands are tied, believe me I've tried.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

That Stokes re-injury. Yikes. He showed potential in his rookie year and I can't call a guy who gets injured a bust, but these are your Green Bay Packers 2020 and 2021 drafts:

Two of the worst drafts I've ever seen and we are only looking with 3 years of hindsight. This team is 2 or 3 years off from competing and that's if Love is the guy.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/E_Woodyard/status/1717576156604514430?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1717570027942285487

drat, maybe Poles was right to not overpay McGlinchey.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I didn't catch the game (thank goodness) but heard that he was one of the few bright spots on the day. C/D?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I didn't catch the game (thank goodness) but heard that he was one of the few bright spots on the day. C/D?

He did very, very well.

Showing my rear end here, but he got Monty numbers in fantasy :shobon:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah Gibbs looked really good, and was able to fill a lot of roles at once which was nice.

dudes got wheels

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quote:

Jonah Jackson, G | ankle | NP

Benito Jones, DL | ankle | NP

David Montgomery, RB | ribs | NP

Frank Ragnow, C | toe/calf | NP

Malcolm Rodriguez, LB | ankle | NP

Halapoulivaati Vaitai, G | back | LP

Jerry Jacobs, CB | knee | FP

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-vs-raiders-practice-report-oct-26-jacobs-ragnow-montgomery

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't know who was higher on their board but Darnell Wright has been way better than Paris Johnson. And that's with Wright basically playing with 1 arm the past couple weeks.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

I don't know who was higher on their board but Darnell Wright has been way better than Paris Johnson.

Paris Johnson isn't as strong as Wright, which was always gonna make him struggle early. An offseason with an NFL weight program will catch him up real quick. That entire line is trash, so Johnson is asked to do a lot of the heavy lifting for a rookie.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

I don't know who was higher on their board but Darnell Wright has been way better than Paris Johnson. And that's with Wright basically playing with 1 arm the past couple weeks.

I had PJJ and Wright as roughly equivalent, but PJJ higher simply because he has shown he can play LT very well.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Guys, I feel weird. I think I'm... excited about the Vikings again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gorson posted:

That Stokes re-injury. Yikes. He showed potential in his rookie year and I can't call a guy who gets injured a bust, but these are your Green Bay Packers 2020 and 2021 drafts:

Two of the worst drafts I've ever seen and we are only looking with 3 years of hindsight. This team is 2 or 3 years off from competing and that's if Love is the guy.

Thankfully '22 looks at least adequate and '23 still has a pile of untapped potential instead of disappointment.

I was hoping for much faster progression but yeah we gotta clear the dead cap off and wait for all these young players to start/continue developing.

Putting whether or not Love is the guy aside, this roster looks more like it's constructed for an actual rookie QB to come in either this spring or the one after this. Cap will be refreshed and healthy, the rookies and sophomores will have experience under their belt, and there should be plenty of money to go and get key pieces in FA. Not sure if you can make that work if Love turns out only borderline.

Speaking of which, I'm imagining what this team looks like if Rodgers is the QB instead of Love. It'd be visorless Cyclops out there with all the glares being thrown around.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Redeye Flight posted:

That's just gas

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Not unexpected. they're not going to rush him back against the Raiders with the bye coming after that.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of which, I'm imagining what this team looks like if Rodgers is the QB instead of Love. It'd be visorless Cyclops out there with all the glares being thrown around.

All of the clay Rodgers ingested would be put to good use as he turns into a kiln.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Redeye Flight posted:

Children aren't allowed on the forums

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Redeye Flight posted:

I can't stop thinking about how huge that win over the 49ers was for the Vikings. The 49ers have a REALLY REALLY HARD SCHEDULE (5th in SOS), Philly's isn't a joke either at 13th (which I think is underselling it a bit - the Commies and Giants are gonna play them hard). The Vikings have a much easier schedule at 24th and they now have a tiebreaker over the 49ers. The Vikings aren't just alive for the NFC North, they're alive for a top seed and depending on how they and the Lions (31st in SOS btw) play, those could be the same thing.

Those week 15 and week 17 games could be absolutely insanely high stakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MJeff posted:

Those week 15 and week 17 games could be absolutely insanely high stakes.

It's the end of the season so of course they would be if both teams are in the running, but I think week 16 and 18 will be higher since they play each other those weeks