Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

thebardyspoon posted:

There's a fully functioning tabletop simulator mod with scripting and all the official campaigns in it as well as a bunch of the fanmade ones also with scripting and stuff. Can import decks from arkhamdb as well. I assume just linking it is probably against the rules but if you google or go on one of the discords they'll point you in the right direction.

I use it when I'm playing solo or with people farther away but playing in person where possible is something I enjoy. It's nice not to have to go through my binders to assemble decks though, that's for sure.
Ah I had a quick look before I posted and saw it had been DMCA'd, so that was why I was asking.
Google is giving me nothing, so I'll go ask around a Discord, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
Accursed seems odd. Normally curses are a delayed cost to playing cards, not something that you want to generate for the sake of generating them. Perhaps there are some capstone curse cards similar to how Hallow and A Watchful Peace are for generating lots of blesses.

I just hope the bless and curse cards are more spread out between the classes. As it is, blesses are a currency that guardians can make and spend, survivors can make, and the rest can accidentally waste, and curses are a loan that the other classes can take out. It would be nice that if your group decided to lean into blesses or curses that everyone could join in.

Powered Armor
May 5, 2023

kaffo posted:

Ah I had a quick look before I posted and saw it had been DMCA'd, so that was why I was asking.
Google is giving me nothing, so I'll go ask around a Discord, thanks.

Check out the SCED Discord.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault
Hey thanks, much appreciated!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They have one character based around blessed/cursed so we’re gonna get a lot more stuff to do with those tokens.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Needing an enemy is a big problem for this card but I think it's good enough to be viable, particularly with stuff like LCC, Chuck, or Fence. It can't really replace Faustian Bargain in a level zero deck but I can see it complementing another unconditional resource generator like Pay Day for people like me who hate the curse tokens. I'm pretty sure I would've used this over FB in the Kymani deck I recently took through TSK.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Always good to be able to take a level zero test in rogue.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I missed this one earlier too:

I assume you can change which slot type you're using during play because of this rule:

"Some card effects allow an investigator to put assets of one slot type into one of their other slots, allow one of an investigator’s slot types to carry assets of a different slot type, or cause assets to no longer take up slots. In such an event, the investigator must decide which slot is holding which asset at the moment it is played. This cannot be adjusted later unless the contents or quantity of the investigator’s slots changes, at which point the investigator may switch which slots are holding any of their assets."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Finally, you can have the prayer book and the amazing lance. Or two rosaries so you’re adding four blesses to the bag whenever you get a willpower treachery.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
really nice to have a permanent +slot for hands and things. there's a good amount of fun things that can go in there.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Another preview from about half an hour ago:

A slotless un-aloofer is nice, saves you quite a few actions on Engaging in the right scenario, shame it doesn't work on Elites. Also, you'll have to put in a bit of work to keep it recharged.

Elusive appears to be a new enemy keyword:

Elusive: If a ready enemy with the elusive keyword attacks or is attacked, after that attack resolves, that enemy immediately disengages from all investigators, moves to a connecting location (with no investigators, if able), and exhausts. This effect occurs whether the enemy was engaged with the attacking investigator or not.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think I've ever cared about Alert or Retaliate on non-Elites, but yeah, Aloof and Elusive do cost actions to handle. It's not hard to imagine one of the new scenarios will focus on chasing Elusive enemies, possibly even a single Elite (in which case this card wouldn't help) but if there's a high number of Aloof/Elusive enemies throughout the campaign then it might be worth keeping instead of just replacing it after the first scenario.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Slotless riot whistle, but better? Groovy.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I wonder if it upgrades to blanking the text box entirely

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
I wonder how it would pair with Roland and taking an Eldritch Sophist to pull charges off it and move it to items like the Runic Axe, Wish Eater or the upgraded Enchanted Blade. If you're playing a bless game, it seems like it will trigger the recharge far more than its ability will be required.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Here's the XP version of the Ravenous Myconid:

Also, Parallel Zoey was released. I can't get into these parallel investigators because I can't do P&P (it's a brain thing). Maybe if they make an official pack with them one day.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Kalko posted:

Also, Parallel Zoey was released. I can't get into these parallel investigators because I can't do P&P (it's a brain thing). Maybe if they make an official pack with them one day.

Parallel Zoey is straightforward compared to the rest of them. A lot of the potential of her ability to do +1 damage for 3 bless tokens is going to be how easy the new investigator expansion makes it to add those tokens. It looks powerful, like a Machete attack + her ability + her Cross is 4 damage and kind of easy to set up. I don't think I'd use her advanced signatures; Guardians have plenty of ways now to engage for free, and those bless tokens are better used for bonus damage.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah her advanced signature is not quite enough for how awkward that weakness could be if it hits certain enemies, although 2 bless tokens to save an action isn't the worst trade. If you're really jamming the bag full of tokens I could see it.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 31, 2023

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
Yeah, the new weakness is rough given she doesn’t have access to Fang of Tyr’thrha. She may need to pocket some Astral Travels for when it happens. The new signature I think could be good for her new front. Since her bless generation is once per phase, not once per round, she’ll want items like her advanced signature, Nephthys, beat cop, guard dog, survival knife, etc, that can put out damage in the other phases. So while her abilities are a little pricey bless-wise, I think once she gets going, she could be jamming them in the bag pretty quickly.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Kalko posted:

It would be nice if they actually printed them. There must be some reason they pulled the agreement they had with Gamezenter.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
I use Make Playing Cards for the investigators and the taboo cards. The cards size and colour matching isn’t perfect though, but with sleeves it’s not an issue for me. So it would be nice to get official versions, but if you want a halfway solution I could see if I can find my old files and make a project with all the investigators in it. I don’t think I have an up to date taboo list though; I used someone else’s project to begin with and have just been printing the changes since then.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not as impressed with Parallel Zoey as I was with Parallel Jim. 3 blesses for +1 damage is less efficient than Nephthys, they have to be in the bag so you can't prep them in advance by sealing them, and it's only once per round - Nathaniel gets his bonus once per phase. You also lose out on the simple but effective synergy of 'engage enemy to gain resource, exhaust cross to spend that resource for damage' so you'll have to pack more resource generation into your deck to make up for it. Maybe there'll be more bless generation tech to make up for it, but there's a maximum of ten in play and Guardians tend to prefer sealing away most of them to spend for bonuses down the line.

Advanced signature also doesn't seem to be worth taking the advanced weakness, though that's how I've felt about most of the advanced sig/weaknesses released so far, so nothing new there.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
It always feels like FFG overestimates the impact of curses and blesses, making curse-as-a-cost cards really good (Faustian Bargain especially) and making bless-making cards underwhelming. This one is no exception, imo. Big meh, but still a better bless-based guardian than Sister Mary.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Inadequately posted:

I'm not as impressed with Parallel Zoey as I was with Parallel Jim. 3 blesses for +1 damage is less efficient than Nephthys, they have to be in the bag so you can't prep them in advance by sealing them, and it's only once per round - Nathaniel gets his bonus once per phase. You also lose out on the simple but effective synergy of 'engage enemy to gain resource, exhaust cross to spend that resource for damage' so you'll have to pack more resource generation into your deck to make up for it. Maybe there'll be more bless generation tech to make up for it, but there's a maximum of ten in play and Guardians tend to prefer sealing away most of them to spend for bonuses down the line.

I agree that the additional damage isn't that great, but it really only costs two blesses, because unless she whiffs the attack, she'll put one back in the bag. Though still not a great comparison, because she discounts Nephthys in the same manner.

I think she's designed to encourage a slightly different bless focus than Sister Mary. Because Zoey can't take the Holy Spear, she won't have as strong a desire to seal away tokens. But she should be able to create them at a faster rate than Sister Mary, she can get a better mileage out of cards that work when bless tokens are revealed, or ones that need to spend them. She can take both Hallow and A Watchful Peace, plus if you want, cards like Spirit of Humanity, Tides of Fate, Token of Faith and Tempt Fate to go for bursts of blesses to fuel those events.

But I think we'll need to see the Hemlock cards as well. See if there are more cards that seal and release blesses, or trigger if a bless token is revealed or spent. I think part of the reason why they are cautious with the bless tokens is how the more you sink into bless equipment, and the more bless cards they release, the greater the effect a single token can have.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I feel like her signature card should say "Humanoid" but I can understand why it doesn't. Looking forward to sweet-talking some hideous abominations into doing my dirty work.

The weakness is pretty mild at first glance. Rogues don't like enemy weaknesses but this one spawns away from you so you can keep drawing as much as you like, and while it shuts down her Parley tech, Rogues can do so much these days that it shouldn't be much of a problem to just do non-Parley stuff until you can deal with it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That's an all-around solid character that will probably be more pushed up by the investigator expansion. They're rightfully shying away from specifying humanoid-only, for gameplay over flavor reasons.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kalko posted:

The Myconid doesn't appeal to me. I don't like spending actions to set up Mythos protection especially when you have to do it over and over again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can choose whether you want to use the front or back or both of a Parallel Investigator, right? If just feels really stupid that Zoey doesn't have access to the Holy Spear. Why isn't she 0-5 Blessed? That's really dumb and I would probably just drop the back if I can and just play with her front instead and maybe the updated signatures, though the updated weakness is spooky as hell. Guardian probably gets enough bless support for her by itself to still be able to keep blessings in the bag.

Kalko posted:

I feel like her signature card should say "Humanoid" but I can understand why it doesn't. Looking forward to sweet-talking some hideous abominations into doing my dirty work.

The weakness is pretty mild at first glance. Rogues don't like enemy weaknesses but this one spawns away from you so you can keep drawing as much as you like, and while it shuts down her Parley tech, Rogues can do so much these days that it shouldn't be much of a problem to just do non-Parley stuff until you can deal with it.

No surprises here, but I really like Beguile. If you don't fail you can keep it up infinitely and just move a non-Hunter enemy around the whole map clearing clues for you. Or just Evade that enemy, move away and pick up those clues from a safer position without the fighter having to kill it. It's risky but that's Rogue and since it's a Parley action Fine Clothes reduces the test by 2! I'm glad they're moving away from Parley actions only being able to be used on Humanoid enemies, it was annoying that a bunch of cards just couldn't work in some campaigns and scenarios.

Zamacona isn't scary at all. Just make sure you or the fighter can do 3 damage with Backstab or by tossing a Pitchfork etc at him. I'm feeling good about my Alessandra + boytoy Hank power duo plan.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 1, 2023

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nephthys posted:

The Myconid doesn't appeal to me. I don't like spending actions to set up Mythos protection especially when you have to do it over and over again.

Playing the upgraded Myconid is the only action cost and it's a one-off. Adding Growth to your hand is free, and playing Growth is still a regular investigate action so you get clues from it as usual.

You are paying a resource each time you play Growth, but if we see more things like Lab Coat that care about "skill tests on Seeker cards" it might be worth it?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Playing the upgraded Myconid is the only action cost and it's a one-off. Adding Growth to your hand is free, and playing Growth is still a regular investigate action so you get clues from it as usual.

You are paying a resource each time you play Growth, but if we see more things like Lab Coat that care about "skill tests on Seeker cards" it might be worth it?

Ah, I wasn't sure if it was free to get it back. I suppose that is pretty good then. You're getting benefits from just doing what you were going to be doing anyway which is basically Seeker in a nutshell.

I also just noticed you get 3 copies of Beguile. Now I'm picturing a deck where she takes Power Word and just clears the whole map with enemies.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

LifeLynx posted:

That's an all-around solid character that will probably be more pushed up by the investigator expansion. They're rightfully shying away from specifying humanoid-only, for gameplay over flavor reasons.

Yeah, it reminded me that the latest Taboo list changed Persuasion and Interrogate to remove the humanoid requirement.

Persuasion might be a good way to deal with very specific threats, but in a Countess deck you'll run into the typical Rogue problem of not being able to boost your Intellect (outside Streetwise XP3).

Damning Testimony seems like it could be good with Beguile:

Send an enemy to a useful location, investigate with DT, then investigate again with your bonus action using Beguile. I played Kymani a lot when I did TSK and I really missed being able to use Breaking and Entering, but the Countess will be able to use that card effectively too. Four Intellect Rogues are really interesting, but I doubt she'll be as busted as Trish was on release unless there are some really amazing Parley cards.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Would the action on DT be considered a “basic investigate action?”

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Nope, but I didn't mean to imply it would be used in conjunction with Beguile. It would be two separate actions: 1) use DT, then 2) use Beguile with your bonus action.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Nephthys posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can choose whether you want to use the front or back or both of a Parallel Investigator, right? If just feels really stupid that Zoey doesn't have access to the Holy Spear. Why isn't she 0-5 Blessed? That's really dumb and I would probably just drop the back if I can and just play with her front instead and maybe the updated signatures, though the updated weakness is spooky as hell. Guardian probably gets enough bless support for her by itself to still be able to keep blessings in the bag.

Like all bless/curse investigators, Parallel Zoey would work better if other people on the team also had bless token support, so I'd let my teammate take care of non-Guardian bless tech. On a quick look, the main card I'd want to include in her parallel back deckbuilding is Spirit of Humanity. She already gets Holy Rosary 2, Nepthys, etc. so I'd play parallel front, classic back for Holy Spear.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can choose whether you want to use the front or back or both of a Parallel Investigator, right?

Yes, you can mix and match the front and backs. If the signature card and weakness are "Replacement" cards you can also choose to use the new pair, the old pair or both pairs. If the signature cards are "Advanced" you can upgrade the pair of them for no XP at any point during the campaign.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Is there a spoiler season calendar yet?

Also, can Beguile's action be used by other investigators?

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 1, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Also, can Beguile's action be used by other investigators?

Nope, it says her deck only.

Sometimes preview investigators you wanna play right away, she is one who you’re gonna want to wait for the pack for. On the plus side, she’s going to be very useful if you do “In too Deep” or Last King.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

Nope, it says her deck only.

Wouldn't that just mean nobody else can add it to their deck? You can activate other players cards if they're at the location and it's not in their play area. So theoretically I think anyone can use this?

However I have seen it pointed out that you can only evade an enemy you're engaged with so the evade action on Beguile is basically useless.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Well it lets you do an evade with your extra action since it's a parley and then do other stuff with your 3 regular actions, obviously you could just move it away but I'm sure there's some times you'd want the enemy at your location still but not engaged with you.

As for that second part, I feel like there are other interactions like Trish and Damning Testimony that people who seem more knowledgeable than I have recommended to let you remotely evade but maybe those aren't supposed to work either. Under Surveillance as well? Or is that because those are automatic evades so those are fine to work when you aren't engaged?

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
You can only activate actions on cards that you control. So Power Word can only be activated by the investigator who controls the card, same with Beguile. Contrast that to Shrine of the Moirai which grants the action to the location itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Kalko posted:

So she is the reason they nerfed Power Word, huh?