Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Kraken has many arms and much better eyes, they can cloth people so efficiently you can't even imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Samovar posted:

Hell yeah, food gremlin lady.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"I'm in the mood for something skewered"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:vince:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

PYF Comic: I'm in the mood for something skewered

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Oh hell yes I thought wakako was actually finished, not just untranslated

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

if i remember right there's a huge amount of untranslated wakako

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's the best thing I've heard for a rather long time!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Emzedoh posted:

Wakako-Zake 70th Night: Kushikatsu (fried crumbed things on sticks)

It wasn't clear to me at first why you aren't allowed to double-dip. It turns out it's because you don't get a personal container of sauce, but instead use giant communal tubs of it:

What is the no double-dipping rule for the sauce?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well now you've done it, you found a culinary thing that's objectively better in America.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

welcome to america, here's your gun

and personal sauce dish

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Bugle Call: The Battle of Cannoughly Castle Part 1

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Thanks for posting Valhalla. It's a great take on some old myths and the art improved well beyond my early critiques of it

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I know we haven't done any birdposting in a while, but it's Bird of the Year time again. And not just Bird of the Year, Bird of the Century
Should've done a round robin tournament

Emzedoh posted:

I really have to say that I when I started posting a wholesome family oriented cooking manga from the 80s, I was not expecting to see so much interest in the main character's penis.
Of all the characters in all the comics getting posted here currently, I don't think anyone fucks as much as Araiwa

Spirit Circle

Fuuta continues to lose his grip and we get a brief glimpse of Fortuna's life

Also worth noting that the original text gives a shoutout to another thread favorite, Hyouge Mono. Mizukami is clearly a man of good taste and aesthetic sensibility. I've read some of Historie before, and it's pretty neat as well. It's done by the same guy who did Parasyte, Iwaaki Hitoshi, and I didn't realize it until looking into it now but Iwaaki also did Snow Ridge which also got posted in this thread. Small circles

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Oct 26, 2023

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Domus posted:

Just don’t read the Silmerillion first. I still haven’t gotten through that one. I thought I had it beat when my turn came up for the audiobook from the library. “All those names that are almost the same, now I will be able to tell them apart when they’re pronounced for me!” Uh, no, turns out they all sound the same too. Now a comic version…that might actually work.

Read “Farmer Giles of Ham” for Tolkien comedy, “Smith of Wooten Major” for a quiet Faerie tale.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I really enjoyed Valhalla, thanks!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Spirit Circle continues to astonish me with how dark it is. Very excellent.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

As much of a great judge of character Ducky is she doesn't seem to have seen that one coming.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Good on you, Mimsley!

Kit Walker posted:

Of all the characters in all the comics getting posted here currently, I don't think anyone fucks as much as Araiwa

Also worth noting that the original text gives a shoutout to another thread favorite, Hyouge Mono. Mizukami is clearly a man of good taste and aesthetic sensibility. I've read some of Historie before, and it's pretty neat as well. It's done by the same guy who did Parasyte, Iwaaki Hitoshi, and I didn't realize it until looking into it now but Iwaaki also did Snow Ridge which also got posted in this thread. Small circles

Hard to argue with that! Historie is on the list of things to post and Napoleon's sneer is magnificient.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
To be fair she hasn’t really seen him do anything but drink and be somewhat depressed and antisocial. She knows he’s not a fan of guns and that he’s been knighted for inventing something that isn’t a weapon, but his core character is buried under a lot of other stuff.

There’s also a pretty big gap between “decent guy” and “guy who will deck his old college buddy and burn the blackmail leverage in order to help someone he barely knows”

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Apparently there's a whole manga about Napoleon by the way of Fist of the North Star? :lmao:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Isn't knowingly supplying defective goods to the army at wartime loving treason?!
Also that justification for soldiers losing feet, the bloody revolution can't come soon enough:commissar:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

“Bottle keep” is a system where you buy a bottle of liquor and the bar keeps it on a shelf with your name written on it, and when you come in they’ll bring it to the table with mixers of your choice. Good cost performance and it encourages repeat business!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Giant Ethicist posted:

Haraiso Days

“Bottle keep” is a system where you buy a bottle of liquor and the bar keeps it on a shelf with your name written on it, and when you come in they’ll bring it to the table with mixers of your choice. Good cost performance and it encourages repeat business!

Never heard of that before, sounds cool!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Sometimes you wanna go where everyone knows your name (cos it's written on the side of a bottle)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Now I kinda want to have a bottle of Malort reserved somewhere I'll go to and just glare at everyone as I sip my bitter helljuice*
Think about the reputation!

*or so I hear.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

By popular demand posted:

Isn't knowingly supplying defective goods to the army at wartime loving treason?!
Also that justification for soldiers losing feet, the bloody revolution can't come soon enough:commissar:

Knowingly supplying defective goods to the army at wartime is a time-honored business practice to pad out those profit margins.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I am so glad Rie gets to be a real character who is also an enormous woman. These comics are the best :allears:

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Emzedoh posted:

Anyway, I'm burying the lede here: :siren: four new chapters of Wakako-Zake got translated this week :siren:

Wakako-Zake 70th Night: Kushikatsu (fried crumbed things on sticks)

She returns! Hell yeah.

Did you know you can go to kushi katsu places where you do the whole thing yourself?

1. Go to the buffet-style selection of raw ingredients (meat, veggies, etc. on sticks) and select what you like.
2. Return to your table and use the shared table dishes of batter and panko breadcrumbs to coat your stick food as you like.
3. Shove your stick food into the small trough of incredibly hot deep-frying oil that sits in the middle of the table to fry it.
4. Check the menu for cooking times. Cook.
5. Pray to God you timed this right.
6. Eat.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

School of World

Here Forever

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

GREAT
by Ryan Armand

Fingerpori

Kasvoi 4,5 prosentilla = grew by 4.5%
Kasvoi 4,5 prosentilla = grew with 4.5%
In Finland beers are tiered from 1 to 4(?) by their alcohol content, and this is such a well-known thing that oftentimes people can refer to just the number and others will gather from the context that beer is being discussed. I don't drink beer so I don't know what the origin for this tiering is; I'm pretty sure the alcohol content goes up with increased tier? Anyway, I assume tier 3 beer has 4.5% alcohol content, hence the joke.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

barbecue at the folks posted:

Apparently there's a whole manga about Napoleon by the way of Fist of the North Star? :lmao:

I went and read the first chapter and it's totally ridiculous. Imagine if the first episode of Sharpe ended with the Duke of Wellington giving Sharpe a golden shower.

Calexio posted:

She returns! Hell yeah.

Did you know you can go to kushi katsu places where you do the whole thing yourself?

1. Go to the buffet-style selection of raw ingredients (meat, veggies, etc. on sticks) and select what you like.
2. Return to your table and use the shared table dishes of batter and panko breadcrumbs to coat your stick food as you like.
3. Shove your stick food into the small trough of incredibly hot deep-frying oil that sits in the middle of the table to fry it.
4. Check the menu for cooking times. Cook.
5. Pray to God you timed this right.
6. Eat.

I've actually walked past such a restaurant in Osaka! I didn't go in, but it made me realise what my grandmother's 'oil fondue' pot was supposed to be. We'd just been using it for hotpot which I think is marginally safer.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 24: Lonesome Message

Does Tokugawa Ieyasu poo poo in the woods?

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 19: Of Movements

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chekov's ditherkers :allears:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

my friend texted me this earlier and i been laughin about it all day. part comics thread part meme thread.
im like 99% sure the josuke is official art from hirohiko archie himself btw.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

genuine irl lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

my friend texted me this earlier and i been laughin about it all day. part comics thread part meme thread.
im like 99% sure the josuke is official art from hirohiko archie himself btw.

I hate how right you are