Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Roundup Ready posted:

As I recall the Saudis did pitch in a bunch of money...

they want to see twitter die, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

just "reply" with a phone call

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lol imagine if nazis and transphobes could video call you instead of just reply to you

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

did somebody say #calls📞?

Pictured: someone who is extremely comfortable with giving a thumbs-up

Not awkward or weird looking at all

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
https://twitter.com/AnonArchOps/status/1717406061324272096

Elon, what ya doing?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kammat posted:

Elon, what ya doing?

Trying to help bring about a christofascist right wing state

Why, what did you think he was doing

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, so they deleted his twitter account? Or just its history?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so they deleted his twitter account? Or just its history?

Scrubbed out bad looking posts then suspended it as usual I believe

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Especially all the ones showing the shooter worshipped Elon Musk

that idn't good lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

of course Elon deleted it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

meanwhile

Elon: only straight white men know how to direct air traffic

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's writing the community note to debunk this post

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love our social tendency to just ignore causality when it's fun

"FTC announces diversity program"
that same morning: plane crash
"Woke causes disasters :byodood:"

Like instantly getting flooded with spam promotions for TRUMPCARE on November 7 2016, and BIDENCARE on November 7 2020

Or everybody saying Twitter was running better the day after Elon bought it

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lmfao I just realized he posted the "hello yes, this is dog" meme (12 years old now) as a reference to the calling feature coming out

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

just casually deleting all of a mass shooter's non-stop, constant mentions and retweets of me and my e-friends before suspending his account, nbd

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

just casually deleting all of a mass shooter's non-stop, constant mentions and retweets of me and my e-friends before suspending his account, nbd

Elon ftw

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

ben shapino posted:

Lmfao I just realized he posted the "hello yes, this is dog" meme (12 years old now) as a reference to the calling feature coming out

He's a meme connoisseur. He only posts memes that have aged appropriately.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
It's extremely weird to me that they're acting like video calls, a feature phones and messaging apps have had available for like a decade or more now, is some kind of game changer for Twitter. Like, what advantages would I gain in using their broken website's video call feature over the one provided by Facebook Messenger, or just my basic rear end phone itself?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

kazil posted:

meanwhile

Says the man whose company is beta testing "full self driving" in public streets

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hey, those people died with FSD, not of FSD.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
This wouldn't have happened if the planes were in vacuum tunnels.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Willatron posted:

It's extremely weird to me that they're acting like video calls, a feature phones and messaging apps have had available for like a decade or more now, is some kind of game changer for Twitter. Like, what advantages would I gain in using their broken website's video call feature over the one provided by Facebook Messenger, or just my basic rear end phone itself?

Not only is it not much of a differentiator, but nowadays, unless you enter the realm of 6-way or more vidcon, that feature is trivial to implement. It's practically just a standard web API (WebRTC) that you configure, enable, and do a tiny bit of visual design around. Celebrating that as a large achievement is down right pathetic.

I've got a toy virtual table top app that I futz with to play with friends, and adding vidcon took me all of an afternoon.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 26, 2023

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Aramis posted:

Not only is it not much of a differentiator, but nowadays, unless you enter the realm of 6-way or more vidcon, that feature is trivial to implement. It's practically just a standard web API (WebRTC) that you configure, enable, and do a tiny bit of visual design around.

I've got a toy virtual table top app that I futz with to play with friends, and adding vidcon took me all of an afternoon.

yeah but your app isn't the everything app, the number one source of free speech, reliable information, shopping, sports and more

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MrQwerty posted:

I think this was already standard practice on both Twitter and Facebook for a few years

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think this was already standard practice on both Twitter and Facebook for a few years

so why is Elon doing it

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

At what point would this cross into legally actionable tampering with evidence? Like, his first directive after hearing that 20 people were murdered was to use his control over twitter to destroy any evidence which could possibly be incriminating before preserving the account.

Doing this rather then just suspending and preserving it seems like a clear attempt to interfere with the court and investigators, investigators receiving the shooters history on the platform will receive a deliberately scrubbed account without any indication that the account has been tampered with.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

atriptothebeach posted:

At what point would this cross into legally actionable tampering with evidence? Like, his first directive after hearing that 20 people were murdered was to use his control over twitter to destroy any evidence which could possibly be incriminating before preserving the account.

Doing this rather then just suspending and preserving it seems like a clear attempt to interfere with the court and investigators, investigators receiving the shooters history on the platform will receive a deliberately scrubbed account without any indication that the account has been tampered with.

lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

atriptothebeach posted:

I don't think this is actually tampering with the evidence - all content deleted by twitter is just made private, to my knowledge. I think if the feds come knocking they have an untouched back-up to hand over. Otherwise he would be on the hook, yeah.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm pretty sure mass shooters weren't reposting/retweeting zuck and @jack and their personal friends list 25/8 when they were getting their white nationalist poo poo scrubbed off their public accounts and suspended

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

AlmightyBob posted:

lol for the video calls poo poo Twitter made it default to allow anyone to call you, you have to go into settings and turn it off

Huh, on one account, it was set to on, but with “users you follow” set.

On the other, it’s missing entirely. And it reset my DM setting back to “verified only.”

Quality app.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
i'm looking forward to diversifying my portfolio on X, the everything app

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

deleting (as mentioned, not really deleting) evidence that someone's a racist piece of poo poo who loves Elon isn't a thing because nobody is on trial for being a racist piece of poo poo who loves Elon

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

major advertisers are back baby, elon stays winning

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

meanwhile

Plane took off without clearance from ATC so not really sure what diversity has to do with it. Did he expect the controller to run out to the runway and physically stop the plane? Is that a super power white people have?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tesseraction posted:

I don't think this is actually tampering with the evidence - all content deleted by twitter is just made private, to my knowledge. I think if the feds come knocking they have an untouched back-up to hand over. Otherwise he would be on the hook, yeah.

Lol if he isn't standing right over the database guys' shoulders right now making sure it isn't just soft-deleted

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

TVs Ian posted:

Huh, on one account, it was set to on, but with “users you follow” set.

On the other, it’s missing entirely. And it reset my DM setting back to “verified only.”

Quality app.

make a third and fourth account maybe those will work properly

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ben shapino posted:

make a third and fourth account maybe those will work properly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Errol was correct when he said that kid was right for pushing his bad vibes son down the stairs

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

The person following Elon‘s orders scrubbing Twitter of that shooter dude must be one of the stupidest human beings on earth.

I would take that email from Mr. musk, flick it over to CNN and sell that poo poo for so much money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

repiv posted:

major advertisers are back baby, elon stays winning

Bulk chick management does indeed seem like a perfect fit for X's new target demographic of Andrew Tate fans.