Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

parasyte posted:

ime the s-rank spawners/helpers deliberately don't use that plugin so it's just random people in the zone that could alert sonar, otherwise it's late arrivals that spread the word programmatically

depends on the server. some do and some don't. often times i'll get calls from sonar for marks that weren't called in my hunt linkshells because no one relayed or was busy or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/itsyaboysamog/status/1717304872083538066

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There was a particularly infamous one of those people when I did my Eureka grind named Johnny Football..Wonder if he's still doing it.

I get this dude in my hunt parties and even my roulettes sometimes and I tried being friendly and he just sucks complete rear end. I didn't like him based off that alone and then it turned out he actually sucks everywhere all the time!

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

God Hole posted:

Like it's not even a prisoner's dilemma where they're incentivized to f others over to boost their own rewards

for the money NMs it is exactly this. by their actions they try to ensure as few people as possible get credit for the NMs, thus making their rare marketable drops more valuable. demand far outstrips supply for the 6th and 7th magia pieces.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The lamentations of Shout Chat are actually a perk, OP.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eureka's supposed to emulate the experience of pre-WoW MMOs; one dude ruining everything for everyone sounds like it's working as intended.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
as a person whose other game is dark age of camelot, i vibe with eureka a whole lot

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
stupid tip that exactly one other person may care about: for ARR Sightseeing Logs, you know how sometimes you can dismount directly where you want to be but other times you can't? ever wondered if you could tell without mashing the button? wonder no more! simply use a mount that transforms when in the air (like Cruise Chaser or Demi-Ozma) and it will transform back if it thinks you're "on the ground"!

yes I'm very late to this party :ssh:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh, so like my robot frog from Formidable would turn its jets off? Neat

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

you'd pop out of the dwarf tank too

basically any mount that has a "on the ground" animation vs flying animation. so the firebird (HW extreme capstone mount) would not work cause it looks the same whether its on the ground or flying. but any of the regular HW birds would be fine cause they put their wings away and start walking on they feets

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Which MMO, past or present, would each Scion play?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Scions wouldn't play any MMOs, they have healthy social lives and other, significantly more interesting hobbies.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Alphinaud would absolutely be a parser

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

1stGear posted:

The Scions wouldn't play any MMOs, they have healthy social lives and other, significantly more interesting hobbies.

Urianger has a dark secret: He's running a MUD.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Thancred only plays turn-based games. Selfishly.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Funky Valentine posted:

Eureka's supposed to emulate the experience of pre-WoW MMOs; one dude ruining everything for everyone sounds like it's working as intended.

i find it's more about the comradery of working together with others to accomplish a shared goal. instapulling is about 1% of eureka, and working together is the other 99%.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*hydaelyn voice* if instapulling didnt exist, working together wouldnt mean anything

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Endorph posted:

*hydaelyn voice* if instapulling didnt exist, working together wouldnt mean anything

she says in a booming voice to you and your 7 ai controlled allies

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They've added some screenshots to the 6.5 site, which going by how they're sorted, I'm very glad the fairy mount seems to be part of Variant Aloalo Island. The Another version has one they didn't show off.

There's also an emote and new umbrella.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Ojjeorago posted:

Urianger has a dark secret: He's running a MUD.

not an emptyquote

Axel Serenity posted:

visualizing Alphinaud constantly looking over Alisale's shoulder talking to her about GCD clipping

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Alphinaud is like the most cooperation-focused scion, if anyone would parse competitively and care about clipping it'd be his twin

Alphinaud would play a social focused game like club penguin

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Housing is pure wizardry poo poo.

https://x.com/AshenBride/status/1717257738948898864?s=20

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Countblanc posted:

Alphinaud would play a social focused game like club penguin

Counterpoint: he's tried to run an EVE Online corporation, and it did NOT go well.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Alphinaud: organises hunts diligently and efficiently and has very particular rules about etiquette
Alisae: pulls his hunts early on a succession of alts and runs away laughing

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Counterpoint: he's tried to run an EVE Online corporation, and it did NOT go well.

Hey now, there are worse outcomes than having all your assets taken over by Tataru.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cleretic posted:

Space Ilberd sends his regards.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

By the way: this is literally the sign language for 'lesbian'.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Axel Serenity posted:

Alphinaud doesn't parse.

Alisaie does parse because Alphi doesn't.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alphinaud would be a backseat GM

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fall Guys collab details and rewards have been posted: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/fallguys/

want that knit hat

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

quiggy posted:

Fall Guys collab details and rewards have been posted: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/fallguys/

want that knit hat

What are the chances that buns can wear the crowns too though?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

If their ears don't stick up through the center of the crown I'm gonna riot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ugh I was hoping it wouldn't be limited time.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Ugh I was hoping it wouldn't be limited time.

It sounds like there will be this initial run, followed up by bringing it back at random times?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, YoshiP said as much at the FanFest, and there's this bit on the website:

quote:

* This quest is available for a limited time only.
* After the initial collaboration event has ended, it will be held as a special event at irregular intervals.

Still wish it was just a permanent addition, though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Will the current tomestone weapons ever be free from having the fight the world's worst mom?

Not that I hate the fight it's just remembering to actually do it to get my weekly blade.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
In 7.0, maybe 6.58 or whatever the final patch before DT hits, but not until then. They did just knock it down to 4 weekly runs instead of 7, though, so there's that at least.

Oh, also, 6.55 will add the final Manderville weapon step, so that will be the best weapon, albeit for 6,000 Causality tomestones.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Electric Phantasm posted:

Will the current tomestone weapons ever be free from having the fight the world's worst mom?

Not that I hate the fight it's just remembering to actually do it to get my weekly blade.

Eventually you'll be able to get them for poetics. Might not want them as much by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Onean posted:

In 7.0, maybe 6.58 or whatever the final patch before DT hits, but not until then. They did just knock it down to 4 weekly runs instead of 7, though, so there's that at least.

Oh, also, 6.55 will add the final Manderville weapon step, so that will be the best weapon, albeit for 6,000 Causality tomestones.

Rap Game Goku posted:

Eventually you'll be able to get them for poetics. Might not want them as much by then.

Thanks you two!

And there's quite a few I want just for glam reasons, like WHM rabbit staff.