Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The more I think about it the more I agree this is the worst thing about them. Like it's kind of fun once, when you first do the dungeon to unlock the aspect. But by the time you get to grinding NMDs for endgame progress you just want to beat to death the person who decided there should be 3 mcguffins at opposite ends of the dungeon in order for you to get your scrap of glyph xp.

NMDs should be 2 or 3 times as long with no cockblocks along the way.

I still hope they do something similar to your idea where all endgame activities drop glyph currency that you spend at the altar at the end of a NMD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I was doing the seasonal quest where you fight Vir or whatever his name is. You enter this dungeon that isn't an actual dungeon NE of Kyovashad. I'm pretty sure it's one you go through in the main campaign as well.

Anyway I get into the second part of that and the PS5 LAN shits the bed for absolutely no reason.

10 minutes later after I find the magical incantation that makes this dumb poo poo work again I enter the game and the dungeon is gone. I have the quest, but you can't drop/retake seasonal quests, and it's still at the mid-dungeon step, but the dungeon is gone.

I guess I'm hosed.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
So the quest doesn't bug out but it does remove the waypoint. If anyone happens to have the same weird bug the quest is inside the Darkened Way NE of Kor Drogan.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Wanted to do a quick BH. Rode out immediately saw one of those blood pylon things, lasted maybe a minute but my inventory was 2/3rd full off that one event lol.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I got 1 entire full inventory of legendaries and 2 inventories of rares from 20 minutes of blood harvest. Every single item was bad and was either sold or salvaged. Only thing to show for it were two aspects that had good rolls for builds I don't play.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Lakbay posted:

I got a Temerity during a 150 blood lure event with a max barrier roll, game fun again.

Are all the WT4 unique farming bosses as hard as Varshan? Even at level 77 my WW barb barely makes his HP go down and I die in a couple of hits.

WW barb has really low survivability unfortunately. Varshan is by far the easiest boss out of all of them. I re-specced into Leapquake with my WW barb at level ~88 and went from doing NM tiers ~45 to doing 60+ immediately. I made a post earlier in the thread with my build.

Edit: https://d4builds.gg/builds/0623e071-e99b-4a23-9b32-d1d70491a9ee/

Edit2: If you want to continue with WW the BarbNado build supposedly work really well using the new tornado glyph. Just use the tornado aspects (there are 2, one creates tornados using WW and the other from spending fury) and the glyph and they should do huge amounts of damage.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 26, 2023

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Jelly posted:

So the quest doesn't bug out but it does remove the waypoint. If anyone happens to have the same weird bug the quest is inside the Darkened Way NE of Kor Drogan.

I had this issue too. The first time I tried zir my character was still low level 30ish or so, so I didn't have a great build yet and couldn't quite pull it off so I left.

But like you, I couldn't figure out where the location was. It wasn't marked with a way point on the map, and I was completely lost. Googled it, and it's just as you said, it's in the darkened way, which leads to the city of the ancients. The game needs to be clearer on this little thing, I can imagine a few players who needed to retry zir at a later time got a little stuck here. Simply sticking a way point on the darkened way would be enough to help.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

seemed like WT4 varshan did his ground effect poo poo faster than in WT3. making the mechanics just go faster so you have less time to react and move is a lazy-rear end way to make it harder

you definitely want this

it drops from varshan. I got mine in 3 kills on WT3

together with that unique chest that has your minions do curses and overpower do more dmg to curses there is def a case to be made for a blood surge / minions hybrid kind of build

well, actually only if the surge from the minons also overpowers I guess

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
So I was fighting Duriel and I somehow fell underneath the floor? And now I can't interact with anything or town portal out...

Any suggestions on how to escape this without having wasted the mats to summon Duriel?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mikojan posted:

together with that unique chest that has your minions do curses and overpower do more dmg to curses there is def a case to be made for a blood surge / minions hybrid kind of build

well, actually only if the surge from the minons also overpowers I guess

they're unique pants and yeah they do

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

they're unique pants and yeah they do

Nice, I just got the amu of the beast in the ice. Already had the pants and rolling a blood surge build.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The final season reward is a bunch of potent blood. After I maxed all my blood abilities and have literally thousands extra from grinding rep to level 18. They managed to outdo last season's reward of a scroll of amnesia.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bamhand posted:

The final season reward is a bunch of potent blood. After I maxed all my blood abilities and have literally thousands extra from grinding rep to level 18. They managed to outdo last season's reward of a scroll of amnesia.

lol

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The season journey is very weird to me. It was always something I've done during season of d3 (and was motivated to at least do the first 4 chapters) but I really don't care much about it in d4 or feel like the rewards justify doing it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Suburban Dad posted:

The season journey is very weird to me. It was always something I've done during season of d3 (and was motivated to at least do the first 4 chapters) but I really don't care much about it in d4 or feel like the rewards justify doing it.

The D3 one were more specific goal oriented and rewarding I think, at least the later tiers. Just playing you'd probably hit like 3/5 of the tiers or w/e but those last few you had to actually shoot for. You'd get a cool cosmetic/pet and stuff like that out of it though. Season journey here is all stuff you'd do anyway if you were leveling to 100 outside of maybe the 2 pvp ones.

Feel like any cool reward they could come up with they'd rather just sell to you in the store. An emote or taunt is probably the upper limit of what they'd be willing to give for free lol.

All that aside they should just keep all this season stuff in the full game. Blood Harvest and the little quest line because the Zir fight is cool. Malignant tunnels sucked and Varshan was annoying. Vampires are sexy, and cool. Blood is cool. Keep them in. In fact, add more.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I probably got 90% of the D4 season journey without even looking at what they were. The last tier is bullshit for the unique one if your class doesn't have a class specific unique helm though. Grinding vamp rep to 18 or 5x level 21 glyphs are also tedious.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Did they massively crank down/eliminate forgotten souls from legendaries or is this just bias from how many hours I spent in S1? It seemed like there I was only ever wanting for gold. Now I'm eyeballing precious souls when it comes to upgrading WT3 gear and my gold never really moves.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Accidentally removed my creeper landslide aspect and now my build doesn't work. Haven't seen one since. Level 100. Feels good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just got into WT4 at 62 with a Walking Arsenal Barb. I never felt the need to move any aspects from one piece of gear to another, micromanage my vampiric power thingies, or even upgrade gear. Not trying to like humble brag or something, just saying that you can probably save the Souls and just go stab Elias.

Have yet to run a NMD. Will probably wait till I'm able to run really high levels so I can skip grinding lower levels that give a smaller reward.

Zeg posted:

Accidentally removed my creeper landslide aspect and now my build doesn't work. Haven't seen one since. Level 100. Feels good.
This is why all Aspects should go in your book, Blizzard.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hitting a hard wall at NMD >48. My gear is mostly optimized except a piece or two. Fully upgraded and gemmed. Is my only real power growth via paragon and levels? For reference I’m lvl 82.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mailer posted:

Did they massively crank down/eliminate forgotten souls from legendaries or is this just bias from how many hours I spent in S1? It seemed like there I was only ever wanting for gold. Now I'm eyeballing precious souls when it comes to upgrading WT3 gear and my gold never really moves.

You mainly get them from Helltides now. It sucks.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

m.hache posted:

Hitting a hard wall at NMD >48. My gear is mostly optimized except a piece or two. Fully upgraded and gemmed. Is my only real power growth via paragon and levels? For reference I’m lvl 82.

Pretty much. Paragon is a ton of power though. You have all your defensives, vampiric pacts, and level 925 weapons?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Mailer posted:

I have the same issue too. The item I need to reroll stats is it? I never have any. I used to have loads in S1, so everytime I go to reroll an affix it always stumps me when I can't. Bit annoying when an amazing item drops that's just 1 affix away from perfection yet I lack the means to reroll.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I just got into WT4 at 62 with a Walking Arsenal Barb. I never felt the need to move any aspects from one piece of gear to another, micromanage my vampiric power thingies, or even upgrade gear. Not trying to like humble brag or something, just saying that you can probably save the Souls and just go stab Elias.

Have yet to run a NMD. Will probably wait till I'm able to run really high levels so I can skip grinding lower levels that give a smaller reward.

This is why all Aspects should go in your book, Blizzard.

Yep. I honestly feel like I have whiplash from how quickly I went from having an absolute blast to feeling pretty loving stuck until I completely respec and try something new. Just mega bummed that I hosed up so badly. Ah well, that's what I get for not being a hoarder.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

m.hache posted:

Why are you running dungeons with enemies 20+ levels above you?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

bamhand posted:

Pretty much. Paragon is a ton of power though. You have all your defensives, vampiric pacts, and level 925 weapons?

912 weapon, maxed pacts and most defensive mods. I may swap some vamp packs for resilience. I either mow through or get deleted. The end bosses are never a problem.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zeg posted:

Yep. I honestly feel like I have whiplash from how quickly I went from having an absolute blast to feeling pretty loving stuck until I completely respec and try something new. Just mega bummed that I hosed up so badly. Ah well, that's what I get for not being a hoarder.
Yup, it sucks. And there are no easier zones you can go to to try to farm for the item you need because everything level scales.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

American McGay posted:

Why are you running dungeons with enemies 20+ levels above you?

I mean that's the game at this point

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

bamhand posted:

Apparently, some players could upgrade their vampire powers higher then just lvl 3 when season 2 launched. After they relogged the option was gone. I think they updated the wrong version when S2 was supposed to start. This would explain the delay and also why the last reward is even more blood that you don't need.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

m.hache posted:

well yeah you did all the things other than that

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Do blood lures persist after world tier change?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Kaddish posted:

Do blood lures persist after world tier change?

Lures and keys are both permanent until used, yea.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

m.hache posted:

Enemies higher level than you mitigate your damage and overwhelm your mitigation. These effects scale based on level difference. Each level gained will make a noticeable difference both by diminishing this effect and by adding four paragon levels, and you'll almost certainly get there faster by fighting enemies around 10 above you rather than 20

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
lol I spent about 40 minutes including loot trash runs in a vamptide on wt4 and I went from 67 to almost 70. Finally found an aspect of the Alpha, but the only one hander I've found that was a damage increase from my sacred was a blue, which can't be imprinted so rip.

Wasn't there an option to break down low teir loot introduced, so you just get the materials?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

On WT4, the only items that drop below ancestral are legendaries and uniques
Any sacred or lower rares, magic and normal drop as mats instead. It's not an option, it's always on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sacred items spawn as mats in Tier 4

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Ahh, I thought it was blue and whites too. But I swear I had sacreds from those vamptides. Maybe they were from whisper caches?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Caches still smuggle the bad loot through the filter and yes it's dumb that blues and whites still drop as items in later tiers

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just got to world tier 3 at level 44 on a cold sorc, that was loving fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
As a sorcerer, if I'm slotting a spell into an enchantment slot, do I want to rank up the spell, or is having a single level of the slotted spell going to give me all the benefit I need from slotting an enchantment?