Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

There is no way he wants to live in loving Houston.

mcmagic is right Ohtani wants to play for a team that's proven it has what it takes to contend for a world series in 2023 and beyond, such as the Arizona Diamondbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Traxis posted:

The Dodgers are going to sign Ohtani and Bellinger and they will be BFFs and drive a van around the valley solving mysteries
:yeah:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Forrest on Fire posted:

mcmagic is right Ohtani wants to play for a team that's proven it has what it takes to contend for a world series in 2023 and beyond, such as the Arizona Diamondbacks

Have you ever been to phoenix?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

howe_sam posted:

Verdugo is a knucklehead who hasn't really panned out like it was hoped he would, and Jeter Downs fell into an absolute hole, but Conner Wong looked like a perfectly cromulent starting catcher this year, and that's something?

Exactly the return you want for a perennial MVP candidate and future hall of famer

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Obligatory

https://youtu.be/4PYt0SDnrBE?si=tAA7phFDq8oys1u-

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Yes, last year!

Have YOU ever been to Phoenix?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Yes, last year!

Have YOU ever been to Phoenix?

Yes, it sucks.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Who knows, maybe Ohtani's dream is to spend half of his year navigating a sea of chain restaurants, strip malls, and car dealerships

E: vvv you got me there!

Paper Tiger fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 26, 2023

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Then... Why wouldn't he go to Houston?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some petro prince is going to pay him $10bn to play for the Abu Dhabi Falcons

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

He already passed on a bigger payday once to come play against the highest competition, he’s the last baseball player who’s do the Ronaldo move

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Intruder posted:

terrible AI Ohtani

Mods?!?!!!?!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If he's not worried about the payday over all else and wants to focus on the competition then there is a different kind of gulf state he should move to.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kirios posted:

Then... Why wouldn't he go to Houston?

He wants to win, that’s in the past for Houston.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

mcmagic posted:

Yes, it sucks.

drat it doesn't happen very often but when you're right you're dead on

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ohtani wants to play in October and be the one who pushes a team over the hump to ultimate victory. So he’s looking for a team that where there’s no question they’ll be in the postseason, but in need of that heroic secret sauce only he can provide. A team that’s playing every October but still needs help, hrmmm…

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Yes, it sucks.

I need you to rank all 29 mlb cities thank you

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

1. New Yawk, da numba one city in da world

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gotta count Vegas and Oakland as seperate

Hell throw Nashville in there too and Montreal even

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Ohtani could win a home, the missing link in the Astros game. :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Nodoze posted:

Verdugo is a JAG

He led the Sox in doubles and triples this year. Defensively, he was a positive value.

Then again, he's a doofus that isn't really great at anything, and probably doesn't start for many teams in baseball.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Intruder posted:

I dunno, the Giants have been dying to give out an albatross contract for two years now and the Dodgers could really use someone who can pitch next year

e: and don't underestimate Cohen's desire to spend a shitload more money

Plus Zaidi just got an extension even though he hasn't accomplished poo poo so they've got to do something.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
N: https://twitter.com/sis_baseball/status/1717606822830358772

V: Dansby was the best of the four big SS's signed last offseason, no I don't care that he completely forgot how to hit for the last month and a half of the season, don't @ me.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
The one time I went to Arizona was to visit Flagstaff and it felt like we were half way there before we actually got out of the Phoenix suburb hellscape.

I'm on team McMagic here.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Sydin posted:

N: MANSBY

V: Dansby was the best of the four big SS's signed last offseason, no I don't care that he completely forgot how to hit for the last month and a half of the season, don't @ me.

Mansby is the best, and once again don't quote me on this at the end of his contract.

Sad that Nico didn't win 2B though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

27 if you ask arte moreno

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Tony Phillips posted:

The one time I went to Arizona was to visit Flagstaff and it felt like we were half way there before we actually got out of the Phoenix suburb hellscape.

I'm on team McMagic here.

I don't think Phoenix is even the best city in Arizona but "X player doesn't want to live in Y city" is just Yankee poo poo lol. There are banks there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Flagstaff is a gorgeous city it does not deserve to be lumped in with the rest of Arizona.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Kirios posted:

Flagstaff is a gorgeous city it does not deserve to be lumped in with the rest of Arizona.

It's a really nice ski resort town and is totally unlike the rest of the state.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Plus Northern Arizona / Southern Utah is the most beautiful part of the country.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Moab expansion team

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mcmagic posted:

There is no way he wants to live in loving Houston.

I have it on good authority that Shohei's dream is to live in a suburban master planned community, wear wrap around oakleys, and drive a lifted Tundra with a pristine bedliner that has never been or will never be used off road or to haul anything. There are only a few MLB towns that can deliver that lifestyle for him

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Kirios posted:

Plus Northern Arizona / Southern Utah is the most beautiful part of the country.

I got to visit there, but I lived in the shittiest part of Arizona.

Hint: They filmed Return of the Jedi and Stargate there. I was too young to be an extra in Stargate by about 6 months, but a bunch of my friends are in it. Also, the Padres used to hold spring training there until they managed to escape.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

I have it on good authority that Shohei's dream is to live in a suburban master planned community, wear wrap around oakleys, and drive a lifted Tundra with a pristine bedliner that has never been or will never be used off road or to haul anything. There are only a few MLB towns that can deliver that lifestyle for him
this is where he lives now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is that the Anaheim stereotype

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
But can he roll coal without consequence?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Too much work.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bawfuls posted:

this is where he lives now

Sorry for my ignorance on this one - Im from Texas - they teach us in school that California is only two things:

1) an urban hellscape where zombie-like hordes accost people on the street and steal from Walgreens which is causing everyone to flee the state
2) endless suburbs where decrepit 1960s ranch homes cost $2 million.

1 and 2 not being congruent with each other is not something that is addressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

Sorry for my ignorance on this one - Im from Texas - they teach us in school that California is only two things:

1) an urban hellscape where zombie-like hordes accost people on the street and steal from Walgreens which is causing everyone to flee the state
2) endless suburbs where decrepit 1960s ranch homes cost $2 million.

1 and 2 not being congruent with each other is not something that is addressed.

Eastern California is full of rednecks.