Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
playing video games outside ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Precisely the song that had been playing in my head since genesis music chat started yesterday well done

edit - hell yeah my bird started making noise to the song. he's been depressed cause his friend passed away a few days ago.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 26, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nah Invictus, the snes soundchop was a low grade sampler. It may have been a first, but it didn't even make its own sounds. Cool reverb and delay fx on it.
Nobody is making synths out of the shitties vg samplers.
The chip from the megadrive, however
https://youtu.be/evW0DgoUmDY?si=KBFZBCq9QEaslHFa

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I've been real tempted to get back into it. I launched a rocket and just kinda fell off after that

Dunno if they ever updated it after the ending, but man that game is good and looks great for that style. Love to mow down some screen filling masses of giant roaches

the usual thing after you've launched your first rocket is to work towards the endless techs and build a megabase. for example you might want to hit 1k science per minute

there's also a lot of mods so that adds replayability too

and on top of that they're working on an expansion pack next year where you can go to other planets after you launch the rocket, also adds new mechanics and stuff.

factorio owns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

snes had the better soundchip imo. one of my favorite tracks is from a game most people have never heard of, which is insane considering the pedigree. A mecha platformer in the vein of cybernator, developed by LucasArts and published by Konami, METAL WARRIORS:

Check this insanely good for SNES animated cutscene montage set to the excellent first level theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i5mR08Aw_0&hd=1

what tech are you up to

I've been real tempted to get back into it. I launched a rocket and just kinda fell off after that

Dunno if they ever updated it after the ending, but man that game is good and looks great for that style. Love to mow down some screen filling masses of giant roaches

I keep restarting whenever I make insights about the logistics since I never unlock to clear a bunch of poo poo at once. So Red.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

i'm of too low thinking intelligence for Factorio...It looks cool tho.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

don’t all the 16bit sound chips use digital fm synthesis?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If you think of it like Transport Tycoon it’s chill.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

NoiseAnnoys posted:

don’t all the 16bit sound chips use digital fm synthesis?

https://mechafatnick.co.uk/2016/08/19/the-mysterious-legacy-of-the-snes-soundchip/

This is a good comparison of Genesis/SNES/TG-16 soundchips but short answer no

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s like the best parts of Minecraft, Caesar, Tycoon, and Idler/Autobattlers. Fairly chill

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh man I just remembered I haven't checked out Dyson Sphere Project since early 2021, I should see what's been added

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

its rly not that bad, theres only really pressure from the bugs and you can just play the game with them as static/non-aggressive or entirely off if u want.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

factorio is epic but i never beat it cuz it pissed my tiny monkey brain off to have to rebuild my base over and over for new resource pipelines and whatnot

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Factorio seems to be extremely my poo poo but I got a brain problem whenever I play building games that I restart over and over because I don't think things "look" right so I start from scratch until I find a layout that doesn't upset me, probably like 3/4 of my hours in dwarf fortress are doing that

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

i also do that but factorio lets you customize your starting layout if you just want immediate easy access to the basic resources

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Captain Invictus posted:

snes had the better soundchip imo. one of my favorite tracks is from a game most people have never heard of, which is insane considering the pedigree. A mecha platformer in the vein of cybernator, developed by LucasArts and published by Konami, METAL WARRIORS:

Check this insanely good for SNES animated cutscene montage set to the excellent first level theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i5mR08Aw_0&hd=1

what tech are you up to

wrong. i loved this game

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I keep restarting whenever I make insights about the logistics since I never unlock to clear a bunch of poo poo at once. So Red.

don't restart! you have infinite space, if you don't like how you did something you can move over and build a new way of doing it. this way you can let the old base keep producing raw materials for you to use when building the new one

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I got really sucked into Shapez which is merely a baby Factorio, really activates certain parts of the ole brain

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

johnny park posted:

factorio is epic but i never beat it cuz it pissed my tiny monkey brain off to have to rebuild my base over and over for new resource pipelines and whatnot

just build new ones and leave the old stuff going

TheSwizzler posted:

Factorio seems to be extremely my poo poo but I got a brain problem whenever I play building games that I restart over and over because I don't think things "look" right so I start from scratch until I find a layout that doesn't upset me, probably like 3/4 of my hours in dwarf fortress are doing that

once u get to robotics you can mass deconstruct entire areas of your factory on a whim

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Half of Dracula posted:

I got really sucked into Shapez which is merely a baby Factorio, really activates certain parts of the ole brain

Same but I'm actually just putting round blocks in round holes and triangle blocks in triangle holes. There is this weird one that has *holds up hand with all fingers splayed out* this many sides to it

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Cranappleberry posted:

playing video games outside ftw

This is why Boktai is top tier

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
comic-con sent me a promo email trying to get ppl to buy tickets for the 10th circle of hell, a funko pop halloween event, but they're offering black baby gokus

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Heath posted:

Yeah this game has made me more angry than I have ever gotten during any other competitive game, video or otherwise and I think playing it has made me a worse person. Anyway PM me and I'll give you my mahjongsoul details and we can get a game in

oh I don't play I just repost memes from a friend who does

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fun hater posted:

comic-con sent me a promo email trying to get ppl to buy tickets for the 10th circle of hell, a funko pop halloween event, but they're offering black baby gokus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnC2iehVN_M&t=6s

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

funko tryin to get a hand breezy

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Precisely the song that had been playing in my head since genesis music chat started yesterday well done

edit - hell yeah my bird started making noise to the song. he's been depressed cause his friend passed away a few days ago.

oh Plant I am so sorry :( so much love to you and Dijon. You did so much to care for Pesto and keep his life happy and comfortable for as long as you were able. You are such a good bird friend, always. I am so sorry about everything you've been through this year.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 26, 2023

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

more falafel please posted:

i loving hate goldfrapp

Im going to kick your rear end!!

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
minecraft suffers because while you can get to an endgame where you are manipulating the mechanics of the game to get whatever resources you want and even can actually break the code from within the game, you still have to place each block or equivalent (excepting ones that fall) individually and that's tedious. Also the inventory management sux even with shadowtech.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Im going to kick your rear end!!

I’m going to protect their right to hate with my life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Remember Demonius pleading with the camera “Aren’t I allowed to hate too?”

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've been playing a lotta Minecraft. I made this yesterday

https://i.imgur.com/oFvIWAX.mp4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cranappleberry posted:

minecraft suffers because while you can get to an endgame where you are manipulating the mechanics of the game to get whatever resources you want and even can actually break the code from within the game, you still have to place each block or equivalent (excepting ones that fall) individually and that's tedious. Also the inventory management sux even with shadowtech.

minecraft is digital lego stop trying to optimise it like its a factory game

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Leal posted:

ive also been getting back into minecraft because my friends set up a server for us. a lot of poo poo has been added or changed since i last played

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Terraria is also ftw (idk bout lately after their 20th "final update")

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TheSwizzler posted:

Terraria is also ftw (idk bout lately after their 20th "final update")

it's still ftw and always has been. amen

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Cranappleberry posted:

the endgame is when you have a cozy farm cottage and manor house next to your fields, op

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Famethrowa posted:

the endgame is when you have a cozy farm cottage and manor house next to your fields, op

this. i like farming a billion potatoes and trading them to a villager for a billion emeralds

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

hbag posted:

ive also been getting back into minecraft because my friends set up a server for us. a lot of poo poo has been added or changed since i last played

I'm running into the same thing after not playing for a long time, at least most of the basics seem the same. My kid keeps finding & watching minecraft videos so he asks me to play it, unimpressed to learn that I've had a copy for something like 13 years. I assume however, that after showing him Mario Wonder yesterday, he'll ask me to play that with him instead.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Leal posted:

yeah lol ive got a few sick set ups like this for the new fairy mobs. wanna see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avfZ1yy8Dew