Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Personally I can't wait until driverless cars passing by in the street are filming everything I do, selling my location and face scan to the highest bidder, running over motorcyclists on dark nights and randomly stopping in the middle of the street when the mobile bandwidth decreases. Assuming they aren't currently causing pileups because a paper bag floated across the freeway.

Self driving cars are great in theory. But they aren't even close to being at the level they need to be. And likely won't be for years, or decades or possibly forever. Despite how bad human drivers CAN be, most of them are in fact pretty good. The average driver files a claim for auto collision once every 18 years. And fatal accidents occur about every 100 million miles, which is a lot of miles. Currently there is no proof that driverless cars can do better than that. I don't necessarily love driving, but I definitely don't love the idea of spending tons of time inside a phone, being more surveilled, and having my personal data sold and potentially used against me in court. And as a motorcycle rider, they actually scare me because they just might think that my taillight is either the moon or a red light half a mile ahead and plow into me from behind, snapping my spine and killing me instantly

The amount of ridiculousness that has happened since those driverless taxis were set loose in San Francisco is incredible.

kazil posted:

did somebody say #calls📞?

This lovely website has no idea what it wants to be apart from 'everything'.

But it's funny that none of these added features actually do anything to improve the site and most of them actively hurt it. They should maybe realize that most people don't WANT one single massive web app to do everything for them and own all their data. It's disturbing and takes away from the one thing Twitter was actually good at, sharing news and information and short thoughts.

Play fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Play posted:

It's disturbing and takes away from the one thing Twitter was actually good at, sharing news and information and short thoughts.

He already killed all 3 with long posts, paid verified and showing only the picture of linked new articles

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Play posted:

that's literally why Thiel pushed Musk out of Paypal when he tried to bring back X and take over Paypal with it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Play posted:

And zombo.com already fills that niche

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

did somebody say #calls📞?

Definity the face of someone that is happy with their recent decisions. No ragurts.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
The type of person who becomes CEO of a big corp would never regret their decision to become CEO of a big corp.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Play posted:

untrue. It clearly wants to be the Bathroom Buddy invention by Billy Peltzer's dad as seen in "Gremlins".

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I hope that's a screenshot from her own phone and the app gives the huge window to your own face and puts the person you're talking to in the tiny window

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

ben shapino posted:

deleting (as mentioned, not really deleting) evidence that someone's a racist piece of poo poo who loves Elon isn't a thing because nobody is on trial for being a racist piece of poo poo who loves Elon

It is still illegal to purposefully destroy evidence that investigators will request, a felony. They removed the interactions from his profile record to keep the activity out of preservation and away from investigators and the courts.

Like, 20 people have been murdered, investigators are going to subpoena his profile from twitter and the provided profile may be relied on in following court cases. On learning this, 50 records of the murderer interacting with Musk, agreeing with Musk's racist statements, were removed - immediately before preservation. This removal was not a logged action done by the user but via twitter administration itself. This removal was done to keep the activity out of any courts' view, as the profile given to investigators will be the profile state at the time of preservation.

It doesn't matter that investigators and courts may not have used these particular records of the murderer agreeing with Musk's statements, a complete record needed to be preserved and provided, it is not for Musk to decide the relevance of the murderer's activity. I really do feel like he has commited a clear crime in an attempt to limit his liability.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

atriptothebeach posted:

At what point would this cross into legally actionable tampering with evidence? Like, his first directive after hearing that 20 people were murdered was to use his control over twitter to destroy any evidence which could possibly be incriminating before preserving the account.

Doing this rather then just suspending and preserving it seems like a clear attempt to interfere with the court and investigators, investigators receiving the shooters history on the platform will receive a deliberately scrubbed account without any indication that the account has been tampered with.

I don't know if much of those tweets would actually be evidence in this case, but the whole concept of preserving digital evidence in cases like this is a problem in general.

Apparently when congress passed that law that forced Craigslist to delete its sex ads it scuttled a bunch of human trafficking cases due to vanishing evidence. I think the FBI shutting down backpage also caused similar problems.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
It's pretty standard for social media to take down posts by mass shooters. I can't think of any where that wasn't done.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Yeah suspending the account is standard. The foul play is all of the pruning Elon either did himself or had somebody do before the account was suspended.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's pretty standard for social media to take down posts by mass shooters. I can't think of any where that wasn't done.

What's not standard is this part:

quote:

50 records of the murderer interacting with Musk, agreeing with Musk's racist statements, were removed - immediately before preservation

It's standard to ban the account, hide everything from the public and have a preserved record available for law enforcement. Allegedly what has been observed is specific actions were deleted prior to the preservation step.

It's certainly possible that the preservation included the alleged deleted actions - perhaps it was ongoing when the source noticed it and thanks to twitter's stack being poo poo these days some actions were still viewable for a while longer. Either way it is unlikely to be actionable evidence and the only value to deleting it would now be overturned by the Streisand effect.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Linda is depressed because they cut off her booze IV

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

atriptothebeach posted:

It is still illegal to purposefully destroy evidence that investigators will request, a felony. They removed the interactions from his profile record to keep the activity out of preservation and away from investigators and the courts.

Like, 20 people have been murdered, investigators are going to subpoena his profile from twitter and the provided profile may be relied on in following court cases. On learning this, 50 records of the murderer interacting with Musk, agreeing with Musk's racist statements, were removed - immediately before preservation. This removal was not a logged action done by the user but via twitter administration itself. This removal was done to keep the activity out of any courts' view, as the profile given to investigators will be the profile state at the time of preservation.

It doesn't matter that investigators and courts may not have used these particular records of the murderer agreeing with Musk's statements, a complete record needed to be preserved and provided, it is not for Musk to decide the relevance of the murderer's activity. I really do feel like he has commited a clear crime in an attempt to limit his liability.

for sure dude

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

laws aren't real if you're rich enough.

The florida governor was engaged in human trafficking for political stunts and nothing happened to him.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/DanWhitCongress...%5Es1_&ref_url=

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

wveryones talkin elon again! he cant stop winning

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
illegally deleted posts? this could be the end for musk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon Musk for Speaker of the X :elon:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I'm pretty sure it was only like a week or two ago that he was talking about how important critical thinking is.

You can learn that on X.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

marshalljim posted:

You can learn that on X.

more like Con Academy

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Could him trying to cover that up be considered accessory after the fact?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah the cops are on the way

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon is livetweeting his arrest right now. He's barricaded himself in his home/office and he has a gun

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a replica

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

kazil posted:

Elon is livetweeting his arrest right now. He's barricaded himself in his home/office and he has a gun

Crazy thing is, I can see this happening one day.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Doombot

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The Last Call posted:

Crazy thing is, I can see this happening one day.

Police don’t arrest the rich. They send a very nice letter asking them to please surrender themselves within the next 30 days.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Police don’t arrest the rich. They send a very nice letter asking them to please surrender themselves within the next 30 days.

Its because rich people usually aren't sticking to one location so its easy to tell them to turn themselves in than try and track down their location.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If only we had a specific police force for warrants served nationally. Like a Marshall or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He'll be caught by Sparks Nevada, Marshall on Mars

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Its because rich people usually aren't sticking to one location so its easy to tell them to turn themselves in than try and track down their location.

Is this what you actually think or is it a joke that I don't understand

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Rich people shouldn't stick to one location

They should be in multiple locations

In seperate bags

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

can't have real time assassination coordinates if you only exist in the past

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Haruharuharuko posted:

Could him trying to cover that up be considered accessory after the fact?

If he wasn't rich, white, and conservative yes.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Too many shares are held by Musk true believers or by institutional investors. Those institutional investors are extremely adverse to uncertainty creating a temporary drop in share value, and are likely terrified of the true believers dumping all their stock at once if Musk gets the boot.

*averse :eng101:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

...! posted:

*averse :eng101:

!!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Assuming actually deleting something in a big georedundant cloud that Elon says the stack is too complicated isn't beyond the skills of the current engineering team, Elon is just gonna Elon his way through court proceedings and convince a jury there was a very unfortunate gamma ray incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

*!!!