Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

darkwasthenight posted:

Your brain just skips over mistakes a lot of the time. I once got a run of CDs done and six of us (three band members, two management team, and the printing company designer) independently checked the liner notes and tagged it as good for print - when the box of physicals turned up there was a massive glaring typo in the first sentence of the text that we'd all ignored. :shrug:

That happens surprisingly often. Aerosmith's first LP listed one of their songs as Walkin' The Dig on the back cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Here's a sign in front of an office building that I saw a few years ago

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

You signed off on the proofs

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

darkwasthenight posted:

Your brain just skips over mistakes a lot of the time. I once got a run of CDs done and six of us (three band members, two management team, and the printing company designer) independently checked the liner notes and tagged it as good for print - when the box of physicals turned up there was a massive glaring typo in the first sentence of the text that we'd all ignored. :shrug:

it's has something to do with how language partially works too. we don't really retain all the information in a sentence, we tend to only pay attention to parts of things, written or spoken. this is why languages developed ways of emphasizing the important bits so we know to pay attention via word order, tone, particles, articles, etc.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
o rly

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
Washington Natinals, anyone?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I make the computer read out what I wrote now, because my brain is an untrustworthy mess.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I can't read, I just mash the keyboard and get extremely luicdijusdlkjglfh gfds

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

"Who are the CHEFS?" Is a good example of getting caught up in the design elements and missing the essentials.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Darth Brooks posted:

"Who are the CHEFS?" Is a good example of getting caught up in the design elements and missing the essentials.

Sup fellow middle-aged goon

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Trabant posted:

this simple opening on the accordion can make tens of thousands of people lose their :tito: minds:

An accordion to slavs is like an eagle screech to americans

Ruflux posted:

I know this is all entirely fake but something about the language of this bothers me. Like it's some great inconvenience to not be a piece of poo poo and drive drunk or something, and normally it's just something you have to do y'know can't help it have to get home somehow.

Brother he was just making a point that he tried to the right thing and was punished instead of rewarded. It's classic Seinfeld structure

caspergers has a new favorite as of 14:03 on Oct 26, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm a future version of chatgpt sent back in time to post hot takes about RPGs and error use limit exceeded subscribe to premium for longer outputs!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Basticle posted:

Sup fellow middle-aged goon

Great googly moogly we're old

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Splicer posted:

You signed off on the proofs

Haven't thought about this show in a while, and now I'll be thinking in Killface's voice all day.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

caspergers posted:

An accordion to slavs is like an eagle a red-tailed hawk screech dubbed over video of a bald eagle to americans

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I know its an old joke but the other day at the grocery store I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "I'm smarter than you're" and now I want one too

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I have an upsidedown tattoo because both me and the tattooer didn't notice when we looked at the stencil.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Flyinglemur posted:

I know its an old joke but the other day at the grocery store I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "I'm smarter than you're" and now I want one too

I love poo poo like that. I have a shirt that says "Ferarri" beneath the Mustang logo.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I have a Dorites shirt that my wife gave me

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That happens surprisingly often. Aerosmith's first LP listed one of their songs as Walkin' The Dig on the back cover

This was absolutely fortunate for them because the original song name was incredibly racist.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikjT0iP2BLE

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

darkwasthenight posted:

You knew Kurdt?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Found this on the back of a best-selling book:

Yes that's a placeholder that tells you to please buy the font if you intend to use it commercially.

Since it's a book written by a Nazi shithead it was my pleasure to contact zetafonts about it!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wow. That went under fast.

I just saw a meme yesterday that I think was intended to be praising trucks but it was two of some model of maybe Ford truck, same color, same model, 30 years apart, and the new one is literally twice the size.

Big trucks are really stupid.

edit: chevy

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You're no cyber truck

You're no cyber truck at'all

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I just saw a meme yesterday that I think was intended to be praising trucks but it was two of some model of maybe Ford truck, same color, same model, 30 years apart, and the new one is literally twice the size.

Wouldn't be surprised if the modern one has a much smaller bed.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Olewithmilk posted:

I make the computer read out what I wrote now, because my brain is an untrustworthy mess.

:hmmyes:
That’s actually a good idea.

e: the schad is on me for reading the same document 3 or 4 times and still blowing through the mistakes.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

koshmar posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if the modern one has a much smaller bed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My dad has something on par with the newer one, and man, I think the back seat is bigger and roomier than any seat I've used in a van or SUV. He actually gets some use out of the truck hauling and towing stuff, so it's not a complete waste, but it really does feel way too big overall. I tried driving it once and it felt like a bus, that was no fun.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

I just love that the last one has the same bed length as the one before but pads out the thickness of the gate to make it look bigger

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wish they'd bring back those old small toyota and nissan pickups, those things were great and they ran for loving ever.

My first car was my grandpa's 1988 GMC S-15. It had an extended cab, which meant it had two fold out jumpseats you could uncomfortably cram yourself into behind the two front bucket seats.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RETVRN

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

zoux posted:

I wish they'd bring back those old small toyota and nissan pickups, those things were great and they ran for loving ever.

My first car was my grandpa's 1988 GMC S-15. It had an extended cab, which meant it had two fold out jumpseats you could uncomfortably cram yourself into behind the two front bucket seats.

The technology peaked with the Suzuki Mightyboy

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

That is sick!

Emotional support vehicle.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

This seems like a bit of a bullshit comparison though, since the newer ones go from extended cab to full-on crew cab which obviously will eat up bed space in exchange for having interior storage or a full rear seat. You can still buy a single cab version and get more bed space. Probably still less than the oldest one honestly, but it's still not going to be as dramatic of a reduction as depicted here.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gimme an El Camino

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

new GMCs are worse (somehow)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Look if you're driving a pickup and you aren't a third world insurgent you're just LARPing.

"boohoo I need my truck for hauling large beams of steel woe is me" get back to me when you've strapped a machine gun to the back and are driving 15 of your best buddies to your collective deaths as you try and strike a blow against the empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FreudianSlippers posted:

Look if you're driving a pickup and you aren't a third world insurgent you're just LARPing.

:lol: they literally are.