Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i loved the combat in control. throwing big chunks of concrete at people ruled.

It was awesome. The combat was fantastic chaos with just stuff flying everywhere and stacks of papers exploding, it was like if a team of VFX artists had free reign to make the coolest looking combat.

The story and spooky stuff was also really cool, I played Control late but loved it when I finally tried it (on game pass!)

Will probably wait for AW2 to hit GP too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mierenneuker posted:

It's just hilarious that a battery brand paid money to be featured in a video game where a battery is used up in half a minute.

"Wow, never buy Energizer batteries, these things loving suck!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Professor Beetus posted:

"Wow, never buy Energizer batteries, these things loving suck!"

At least they were honest

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Ignore the control loot system and use the very good accessibility options, imo. Just throw poo poo all the time. Sometimes shoot.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

New Dead Space is up, it's really good.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1717568292963987869?t=T-OLkBXm9bkpBFAc8I5GQg&s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah DS Remake is about as good as a remake can be. Similar to RE4Make

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just installed Dead Space. :toot:

Can uninstall the PS+ copy The Callisto Protocol off my PS5 now. Made it about halfway before I got tired of holding up and occasionally smashing conga lines of mindless enemies.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

Quantum Break is also good and was made between Alan Wake and Control.

Quantum Break runs weirdly badly (on PC and never getting FPS boost) considering how extremely well Remedy's other games play.

People gushed over Ray Tracing in Control, but that is a game that looks perfectly good even when you turn the settings right down and it will run silky smooth.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Here is a good rundown of Alan Wake's development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2KidaG2ONM

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Quantum Break runs weirdly badly (on PC and never getting FPS boost) considering how extremely well Remedy's other games play.

I think it was developed through and through for the Xbox One first and foremost, and PC was an afterthought. It was very impressive how good it looked and performed on the original VCR-sized Xbox One where most things ran and/or looked really bad.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I only played Quantum Break for the first time on current gen, not that long ago. It's a really good game, and I loved that it was also part tv show.

The future of video games.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Beastie posted:

This is where I am at. I loved Control, but never played Alan Wake. So I got the remaster and by my account I'm like 50% through it.

The game just doesn't hold up anymore. The combat is not fun, the levels are annoying, but the writing oh man the writing loving owns hard.

I think I'll try one more time to power through. After that I'll wait for 2 to hit a sale and watch a recap.

Alan Wake 1 wasn’t a good game, I was surprised when they announced a sequel. I suppose Remedy really liked the story/world. But back then, it had pretty mediocre reviews. I remember thinking it was “ok, if you like this sort of thing”.

Control is freaking awesome tho

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

I only played Quantum Break for the first time on current gen, not that long ago. It's a really good game, and I loved that it was also part tv show.

The future of video games.

The main problems with it are that the puzzle sections are atrocious and the bullet time combat just doesn't have the atmosphere of Max Payne, partly because Shawn Ashmore just can't pull off 'guy who is ready to kill anyone who gets in his way'.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
FYI to the Alan Wake 1 h8rs, in agree it's a dated game in many respects but you do start to get more ammunition and capability as the game goes on. I don't think the early frustrating sections entirely represent the second half that well. That said no. 2 looks like a step up in every way

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I probably buy way more controllers than the average person. I’ve noticed that with barely any use the analog sticks on the series controllers especially light colors discolor really fast. I think with my volt yellow one it was within a day or two. I wash my hands multiple times per day and yet the coloring darkens and discolors quick. If you look at any eBay or GameStop or whatever listings where you can see a used controller they e all changed colors and look terrible . I’ve put caps on pretty much every controller I use but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and found a way to remove / reverse the discoloration or alternatively found properly color matched replacement sticks.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I would just not worry about it op

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Anyway don't forget it's new Dead Space day, a remake where they actually did remake the game.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I've had the A button on my Xbox controller and the X button on my PS5 controller wear out faster than expected (I promise I'm not trying to mash them...) and been able to get refunds or replacements for both, but as I understand it we have better consumer rights than some other jurisdictions (I'm in Australia) so YMMV

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i am going to play dead space and poo poo MY PANTS

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i am going to play cities skylines 2 and poo poo MY PANTS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Cities skyline devs are next in line for the lazy devs label by the looks of things

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Did they do a "We're sorry" tweet yet?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DoubleT2172 posted:

Did they do a "We're sorry" tweet yet?

They apologized before the game came out lol

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

1glitch0 posted:

They apologized before the game came out lol

Takes initiative. Sounds like a real group of go getters to me

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

FYI to the Alan Wake 1 h8rs, in agree it's a dated game in many respects but you do start to get more ammunition and capability as the game goes on. I don't think the early frustrating sections entirely represent the second half that well. That said no. 2 looks like a step up in every way

I remember enjoying Alan Wake 1 back on the 360 and yeah the combat gets better as you get more guns and throwables.

Even completed it 100% with the Nightmare difficulty and collecting all the coffee thermoses (ok that part sucked but atleast it gave me a chuckle years later when I found the coffee thermos Altered Item in Control :) )

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Cities skyline devs are next in line for the lazy devs label by the looks of things

I can't imagine the process of them trying to get that to run on the series s, it's going to be bad

acksplode
May 17, 2004

They forgot to implement a LOD system

https://twitter.com/tombomp/status/1717641500891238536

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
hell yeah lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Holy poo poo lmao no way

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

this will be fixed in the britain dlc

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Alan wake me up when the game gets good

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

looks like the opposite of a lazy dev to me

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Thoughts on The Finals beta:

It's neat, a great combination of the three most popular genre's of the last 7 years distilled and refined by some of my favorite devs.

Not having a secondary weapon is weird, as there is no lock for melee. Tiny class is extremely OP at the moment. It really seems like they're just the Oddjob's right now.

I hate having your gadget used by hitting the button and selecting it from the wheel. There is no recall or hotkey. It seems really weird in a game that prides itself of speed and fluidity to make you stop, select a grenade, and then hit a button to deploy it. It has to be an oversight of PC to console.

Game is fun, refreshing even. It's a beta for a F2P so whatever, nothing ventured nothing gained.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What’s the game setup like? Like how many teams etc?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

kri kri posted:

What’s the game setup like? Like how many teams etc?

Two modes, 3 teams of 3 going for multiple smaller money vaults that rotate frequently or 4 teams of 3 that go for two bigger vaults that rotate less frequently ( I think?)

Big, medium, and light classes. Infinite ammo. Looks like Mirror's Edge combined with BF. It's really fun but I hope they make some significant tweaks.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Did everyone else know Dead space remake was dropping today?

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

I cannot be understanding this right. This means a city building game is at all times rendering not only the individual citizens but all of their teeth? All the teeth in the city, all the time?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Need to spin up an entire azure dc for tooth detail.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If your computer can’t render 3.2 million human teeth at a time maybe it’s time for an upgrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Isn't that what happened with that Strangers of Paradise game, speaking of games that run like trash.