Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Hopefully the Astros return to their rightful place in the world, the basement of the league

Maybe when they expand to 32 teams they can kick them back to the NL so I can go back to ignoring them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Once upon a time I would have supported this but I can't handle even more cubsposting

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The biggest sin the Rangers ever committed (besides calling themselves the Rangers) was being located in Dallas. Other than that, they haven't done enough to be a heel team and if they wanted to be, "that heel team in Texas," they have to try a lot harder to get there.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah the Rangers really need to step up their can game if they wanna be the Texas heel

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The people in Dallas barely care about the Rangers that's a nigh impossible task.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Texas Rangers are in Arlington.

Much like the Dallas Cowboys are in Arlington.

Hell, FC Dallas is in Frisco.

Why, when you get right down to it the only professional Dallas teams in Dallas are the Mavericks, the Stars, and the Wings. And if you hate the Wings I guess you've got issues with women, and doesn't that make you the real rear end in a top hat?:smug:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Stupid 2 day break!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Shinjobi posted:

The Texas Rangers are in Arlington.

Much like the Dallas Cowboys are in Arlington.

Hell, FC Dallas is in Frisco.

Why, when you get right down to it the only professional Dallas teams in Dallas are the Mavericks, the Stars, and the Wings. And if you hate the Wings I guess you've got issues with women, and doesn't that make you the real rear end in a top hat?:smug:

What are your thoughts on the new stadium being in Arlington again instead of in the City - feels like a huge mistake - but I guess they wanted access to the FW market to (or more likely, Arlington showered them with taxpayer money that Dallas/Dallas County weren't willing to match)

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bawfuls posted:

Yeah the Rangers really need to step up their can game if they wanna be the Texas heel

The heels are as follows: Astros, Spurs, Cowboys.

One for each City as is appropriate.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IF they win the WS, where do they even have the parade

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Jerry World so they can experience what winning a title feels like.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

zoux posted:

Houston, for the added effect

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

zoux posted:

Six Flags

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sab0921 posted:

What are your thoughts on the new stadium being in Arlington again instead of in the City - feels like a huge mistake - but I guess they wanted access to the FW market to (or more likely, Arlington showered them with taxpayer money that Dallas/Dallas County weren't willing to match)

I'm fine with them putting the new one where it is. I'm not fine with the new one existing. So fuckin blatant a robbery that the mayor who helped make it happen essentially ran for the hills with a briefcase full of money after the motion was passed. That mayor's name is inside the stadium as a special thanks.

The Rangers can at least wiggle through the city criticism by saying they're the Texas Rangers, as opposed to having Dallas anywhere in their name.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

i'm convinced, and now I'm rooting against the rangers unless they play their home games this series at Dr. Pepper Ballpark

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh that reminds me, this is the first WS where neither team is named after the city they are in.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dukberry posted:

i'm convinced, and now I'm rooting against the rangers unless they play their home games this series at Dr. Pepper Ballpark

That ballpark owns, but also not in Dallas

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

Sorry I obviously meant (edit) GRIFFITH stadium

Dukberry fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 26, 2023

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

That ballpark owns, but also not in Dallas

Modern farmhouse, the stadium

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The Rangers have been in Arlington since they came to Texas in 1972. They’re not specifically a Dallas team.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Sab0921 posted:

Modern farmhouse, the stadium

Are the games on the Magnolia Network?

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

I have enough room in my heart to hate two Texas teams

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1717634559381049691

Oh yeah how'd that go the last time he threw out a first pitch in a WS featuring the Dbacks

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

zoux posted:

Oh yeah how'd that go the last time he threw out a first pitch in a WS featuring the Dbacks

The team with home field advantage won every game? I'll take it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dukberry posted:

The team with home field advantage won every game?

I....I don't know what these words mean...

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

I....I don't know what these words mean...

lol

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

The Astros never would have allowed this.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah the Astros would have let Mattress guy and Ted Cruz throw out pitches

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
What’s great is both these teams are so milquetoast everyone is talking about the teams that lost like they’re a jilted ex on Facebook

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

And look what happened. I've been told by very reputable sources that WS doesn't count so neither does that pitch. :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

didn't bush have some embarrassingly bad first pitch when he was still president

e: it was in 2001 during the WS and was actually not bad nvm

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
He played baseball in prep school and was a pretty good athlete

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Obama was a pretty good athlete too and his first pitch was awful

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

zoux posted:

Ugh gently caress this just have Nolan Ryan do it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought Nolan had a huge falling out with Rangers ownership?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 27, 2023

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

didn't bush have some embarrassingly bad first pitch when he was still president

He nailed it. Threw a strike at Yankee Stadium right after 9/11.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Ryan already threw one out this postseason. I think in the wild card? Not like there’s a rule he can’t do it again.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Intruder posted:

It’s actually the literal high point and best thing he did as president. If GWB hadn’t thrown such a good pitch, we would have lost in Afghanistan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The actual literal high point of 2001 was Mariano Rivera choking in Game 7