Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol goths gonna goth

there were pics of the photoshoot but they got deleted because of ~~drama~~
cait's a deece follow and a strong poster but when i saw that crack off i decided to just be offline for the day lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

“selling plots? you’re making money off death!” was a solid open

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fair

I wonder what Japan does considering that they think blood determines your personality or whatever it is

it's just astrology, for blood. has a little popularity in the rest of east asia but we all know the zodiac reigns supreme

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1716808741302239709

It’s like, how much more gen-x could this be? And the answer is none. None more gen-x.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

It’s like, how much more gen-x could this be? And the answer is none. None more gen-x.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

FMguru posted:

please tell me Tony hawk did a sick 1080 over the ceremony or something

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FMguru posted:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://bsky.app/profile/jonk.bsky.social/post/3kckj26nnw32e

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

idgi

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
yes you do

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i assume it's some anime bullshit

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

it's anime bullshit from over a quarter-century ago

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Get in the anime reference, Shinji

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Get in the anime reference, Shinji

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

posting on the halfway to satan page

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

rotor posted:

the seitan page

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

FMguru posted:

imagine youre at your retirement party and you overhear the intern - what was her name? Cindy Hawk-Cobain? something like that - talking about her grampa Tony

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rotor posted:

the handbasket page

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/kevinakwok/status/1718046696771572192

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

the brain worms that google gave people is difficult to unwind.

at my work. we could have mature, well documented, money printing software. People would see it and do the “yea, this is ok, but what it really needs is to be thrown out and re-done in a cool way”

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah we're in the process of creating some micro-services garbage to replace a system that works

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shaggar posted:

yeah we're in the process of creating some micro-services garbage to replace a system that works

this was unironically the plan where I used to work

then one guy that had fully embraced it was like "yeah I can't do X now because I would need to redeploy 200 services to which: lol and lmao

oh and one guy kept talking about "micro front ends" which I think just means your app looks different on every page

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

every microservice returns one html page.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
sounds like has a micro front end all right

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

every microservice returns one html page.

lol if any given html page is rendered by just one service

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

then one guy that had fully embraced it was like "yeah I can't do X now because I would need to redeploy 200 services to which: lol and lmao

oh and one guy kept talking about "micro front ends" which I think just means your app looks different on every page

we have micro front ends too, but they all look deceptively similar

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well-read undead posted:

lol if any given html page is rendered by just one service

well i mean obviously not, the html just includes iframes for the parts that will be rendered by other services

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the design is very human

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

don’t forget to have a service get some html inside a json payload from another service and merge it into its output

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

this rest endpoint take a string and wraps it in a div. the return value is in the “result” field of the json result

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

the result field is actually an array, but it only ever has one item. you know, for future extensibility

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
you have to append the string to the outer html without escaping, of course, because it includes elements. but there are substitutions you have to apply to it, and somebody thought to add a way to escape that substitution, but absolutely nothing on the server checks to add escapes when they’re emitting a literal string. somebody added code for recursive substitution but it’s disabled except on a single hardcoded string where it’s load bearing, and there’s no way to escape that one. also the replacement string gets wrapped in quotes and eval’ed for some reason

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

rjmccall posted:

you have to append the string to the outer html without escaping, of course, because it includes elements. but there are substitutions you have to apply to it, and somebody thought to add a way to escape that substitution, but absolutely nothing on the server checks to add escapes when they’re emitting a literal string. somebody added code for recursive substitution but it’s disabled except on a single hardcoded string where it’s load bearing, and there’s no way to escape that one. also the replacement string gets wrapped in quotes and eval’ed for some reason
ruby on rails has a gem for this

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

You really want to get up to 1000 microservices (1 milliservice).

But yeah microservices are a horrible idea, especially micro front ends.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Doom Mathematic posted:

You really want to get up to 1000 microservices (1 milliservice).

yeah that’s when they start working, like fry having his 100th cup of coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that’s a kiloservice not a milliservice