Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nothus posted:

Nor do I want to hear Alice's conflicted riffing on it for over an hour

And its like a 3 hour long episode

tokin opposition posted:

Only Liam is an anarchist

Even one anarchist is one too many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

KomradeX posted:

Yeah it rules

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
If you replaced Alice with Hesse on every podcast she's on it would at least double the quality of every single one of them.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It really is sad that Franklin bit the dust, feels like just about every interesting project along those lines inevitably just cashes out into some sort of podcast or livestream channel or whatever once they get enough eyes on it.

Stuff like Franklin has a small audience and takes a lot of effort to produce while podcasts have a much larger audience and take much less effort to produce.

I imagine once you start to burn out on the former, the latter becomes really hard to resist.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

If you replaced Alice with Hesse on every podcast she's on it would at least double the quality of every single one of them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KomradeX posted:

"If there's an anarchist at the podcast and you have two other people talking with them, you have three anarchists"

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnEdgelord posted:

:haibrow:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Hesse kicks rear end

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

KomradeX posted:

Liam is annoying, Alice is mid but Justin has dug into some really interesting poo poo on WTYP. I'm already poisoned with engineer brain so that may be why I enjoy it tho. I'm also not interested in the berlin wall ep tho, and it seems like a weird place to go but hey

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

sw0cb posted:

Liam is annoying, Alice is mid but Justin has dug into some really interesting poo poo on WTYP. I'm already poisoned with engineer brain so that may be why I enjoy it tho. I'm also not interested in the berlin wall ep tho, and it seems like a weird place to go but hey

I think some of the topics they cover are chosen because either they know a guy who knows about it or because they're just interested in it even it isn't strictly an "engineering disaster."

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

only british podc ast i will listen to is ghost stories for the nedo f the world

:cheers:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

listening to the new Bevins book, IF WE BURN, and yeah anarchists just come across as people who not only didn’t do any of the reading before the test, but deliberately read the wrong books

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Do anarchists have the thing that libertarians have (IMO) where they are 100% confident that they'll be on the safe side of the breakdown of social structure/fabric, or do anarchists just not care where they end up in that exchange

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

only british podc ast i will listen to is ghost stories for the nedo f the world

:cheers:
same. but also i'm boycotting it at the same time until gh0stpinstaball comes back.

nothing worse than a goon who leaves us to become famous. even joseph fink still posted.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

selec posted:

listening to the new Bevins book, IF WE BURN, and yeah anarchists just come across as people who not only didn’t do any of the reading before the test, but deliberately read the wrong books

Listened to the Audiobook a few weeks ago and it extremely owns that the point of the book ends up being "Lenin was right, stop crying about it and get to work"

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

AnEdgelord posted:

nope

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
hesse lacks alice's mutant ability to detect when more successful podcasters than her are secretly transphobic

selec
Sep 6, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

Listened to the Audiobook a few weeks ago and it extremely owns that the point of the book ends up being "Lenin was right, stop crying about it and get to work"

I’m pairing it with a listen of the People’s History of Ideas podcast and they work really well together.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Alice is funny imo but she’s a complete lunatic with countless insanely bad opinions. also her podcasts are bad.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Do anarchists have the thing that libertarians have (IMO) where they are 100% confident that they'll be on the safe side of the breakdown of social structure/fabric, or do anarchists just not care where they end up in that exchange

yeah they all believe they'll be living in fish camps or epic horizontally organized utopias of micro-scale manufacture and bathtub insulin when the time comes

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I'll be the ideas guy. Somebody else can start the wiki

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

C-Euro posted:

It seems like every anarchist fiction I've heard of presumes that anarchism can only function after society collapses, so yeah they definitely seem to think that their stupid poo poo is gonna be embraced because there will be no choice but them.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Ytlaya posted:

"If there's an anarchist at the podcast and you have two other people talking with them, you have three anarchists"

i'm gonna become an anarchist again to turn all of cspam anarchist just to spite you

more like doodooilectial materialism

Best Friends posted:

Alice is funny imo but she’s a complete lunatic with countless insanely bad opinions.

oh yeah i don't like her for her opinions, i just admire a fellow poster who knows how to find good balance in podcasts

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I love movie mindset. Will is a total academic and gives some great academic interpretations of movies. Hesse has the confidence to hear all of those fancy words and still come out with “horror movies are great because they’re spooky.” The Hellraiser episode is great because Hesse keeps nailing home that Frank is a gay man, not bi, not undefinable, but a gay man who uses Julia.

whomever brought up will frequently saying hesse’s name because he’s a chaser is a gross joke; I think he’s just wanting to be conscious and affirming of her identity so he goes out of his way to use her name. Sure that could be related to trans anxiety and not just treating someone equally, but I don’t think it’s him being a chaser.

anyway, movie mindset is loving great and brings up some absolute banger movies. it’s basically saying “hey these movies that only film studies college kids get to see are actually great and you should watch them.” as someone who loves movies the most out of any media, I love it.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

C-Euro posted:

They naively tend to assume that the vacuum of power will not immediately be filled with authoritarian fascists

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Will is using Hesse's name because she hosed his wife. And he's a swinger, so that's ok.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I appreciate about Will is that he uses the word "movie" - people who insist on always using the word "film" are obnoxious, especially in an era where "the actual physical use of film" isn't necessary to create a motion picture, so "movie" is actually more accurate!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
It wouldn't be fair to cinema to call what they are putting out now "films" :lofty:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Movie is the lingo of the people

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
me and the droogs gonna pop a viddy at the screener

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"I watched a good movie" - a normal guy

"I saw a fantastic film" - a guy who sucks, using both the pretentious words for "movie" and "good"

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Ytlaya posted:

"I watched a good movie" - nick

"I saw a fantastic film" - adam

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Halloween Jack posted:

Plenty, but they're all really about sniffing out anti-Semitism on the left, because paranoia about bad leftists is apparently her entire personality.

This is one of the worst wrecker tendencies since the Hillary campaign and people are too credulous towards it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

anyone see the love guru?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

they call em movies why don’t they call them songies

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

"I went to the kinoplex and experienced the most interesting flick" - true patrician

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
lol at will menaker comparing the butterbean cenobite to matty iglesias

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I liked the Vincent Price MM ep because I've always said "seize him" in a vaguely Vincent voice when picking up my cat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just saw an awesome talkie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Surprised that no one brought up the inspiration of Hellraiser. Clive Barker was a bouncer at an underground S&M club and they had a piercing theme night. "It was the first time I ever saw people pierced for fun" A little too extreme even for him.