Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

hit button posted:

Yeah, characters being bad vs their bosses is basically the rule not the exception.
There are some exceptions where you want one character of that element for some special purpose (geo cube, dendro cube), but yeah, for the most part they're designed so that you need other teams to farm the ascension items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
My hot take is they make too many world bosses. All the ones released after 1.0 are only used by 2-3 characters, so a lot of bosses you have no reason to fight until you are grinding random 4 stars for standard pulls. Seriously, fontaine has five world bosses, with another one next patch. We do not need this many.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Sure, and that's covered under "Which is fine, because elemental boss" in my comment, it's just extra funny that Eula isn't particularly good against the cryo cube, seeing as she's more physical than cryo, and in theory her being a claymore user (impulse? blunt? whatever) on top of that should make her more useful than the average elemental character against their element's cube.

I'm mainly just dumpstering on Eula, because physical sucks, and she's effectvely the only physical character, and the boss is a cool design/fight wasted on a useless character and a character nobody wanted (and can't get anymore anyway).

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

eula owns tho, sorry you have bad taste

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mr_stibbons posted:

My hot take is they make too many world bosses. All the ones released after 1.0 are only used by 2-3 characters, so a lot of bosses you have no reason to fight until you are grinding random 4 stars for standard pulls. Seriously, fontaine has five world bosses, with another one next patch. We do not need this many.

they exist precisely so you have to grind up random characters by doing different bosses. its a progression gating system. if everyone used the same two or three you could just them over and over for a couple weeks and never have to think about it for the rest of your life.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

my hot takes are
eula is not very good but i like her a lot anyway.
it is good there are more different world bosses to fight, rather than fewer.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want to role for the frickin archon already

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My hot take is I should be able to buy local specialties with starglitter (or whatever the crappier currency is? from pulls?) like you can monster materials

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Also new world boss = new Abyss floor that may or may not suck.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

mr_stibbons posted:

It is really weird that if you don't roll some characters you basically have no reason to ever see certain bosses. I still don't know what the hydro cube looks like, that's just resin I could use on literally anything else

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

You can just go fight it for a laugh and not spend any resin. Most bosses even have a few primos to mine by getting achievements doing stupid stuff in their fights.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

hit button posted:

my hot takes are
eula is not very good but i like her a lot anyway.
it is good there are more different world bosses to fight, rather than fewer.

I appreciate that the Fontaine artifact design is like perfectly set up for her, her burst kills the mech wave, Raiden cleans up the second, I leave with everyone at full energy. It's actually an excuse to play her and have fun. ...it's still slower by 20s than my other teams but I'll take it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The mechs in the new artifact domain are pleasantly tanky. It doesn't really matter how fun the domain is because it loses it's shine after the 4 millionth time if getting absolutely jack poo poo. Even with every conceivable main stat possibly being good, I only get jack poo poo. wtf game

Kale
May 14, 2010

Traveller posted:

It is really weird that if you don't roll some characters you basically have no reason to ever see certain bosses. I still don't know what the hydro cube looks like, that's just resin I could use on literally anything else

Has water slimes that towards it and if they touch it they heal it and the usual invulnerability windows with a rolling wave cage attack retreating inwards like the Dendro one. It's mainly for Kokomi.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Livestream postponed as China mourns the passing of Li Keqiang. TBA.

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 27, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Got up early to watch the stream only to find out it was postponed indefinitely. drat....anyway at least I get an interesting read on a former premier that it seemed like was he was basically made to step aside by Xi Jinping earlier this year for making a speech he didn't like and replaced by a more Jinping friendly figure only to suddenly be conveniently out of the picture entirely a few months later after a sudden heart attack. :tinfoil:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I finally sat down and did a bunch of my backlog of story quests. Finally rescued Nahida and then did the interlude quest all about Wanderer. I'm a sucker for trash gremlin redemptions so I quite enjoyed it and took it more seriously than 99% of the playerbase I imagine.

I gave him the name Zamir, which if this random name meaning website is any form of accurate, is an Arabic naming meaning "mind, heart, conscience". I figured giving him a name with more Sumeru roots would be fitting for his new beginnings and hey what's more meaningful than giving him a "heart" he always wanted in a roundabout way?

Too bad I missed his rerun during my long hiatus because now I want to pull him.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I finally sat down and did a bunch of my backlog of story quests. Finally rescued Nahida and then did the interlude quest all about Wanderer. I'm a sucker for trash gremlin redemptions so I quite enjoyed it and took it more seriously than 99% of the playerbase I imagine.

I gave him the name Zamir, which if this random name meaning website is any form of accurate, is an Arabic naming meaning "mind, heart, conscience". I figured giving him a name with more Sumeru roots would be fitting for his new beginnings and hey what's more meaningful than giving him a "heart" he always wanted in a roundabout way?

Too bad I missed his rerun during my long hiatus because now I want to pull him.

He takes forever to farm a good artifact set for, but he's one ofmy favorite carries. There are also far fewer things that will hard stop an anemo catalyst wielder.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The French Playstation blog screwed up and posted a summary of the livestream that didn't air today.

That page is now replaced with a regretful Snake. The blog post is out there if you want to see it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

ninjoatse.cx posted:

He takes forever to farm a good artifact set for, but he's one ofmy favorite carries. There are also far fewer things that will hard stop an anemo catalyst wielder.

Wandererer, or Hat-guy as I renamed him (where are the worst naming pageants!), is possibly the best overworld [everything]. While all the shouts and comments are annoying, he's so convenient that he's been in that team since I got him. Stellar movement, good-damage-that-will-save-your-friendship-team-when-they-do-0dmg-against-thing-you-didnt-expect-to-see, anemo, good hat. 10/10 would roll again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Adams posted:

The French Playstation blog screwed up and posted a summary of the livestream that didn't air today.

That page is now replaced with a regretful Snake. The blog post is out there if you want to see it.

whatever you do, don't post it in the thread

edit:
I found promo images. Honestly, only one of them is new https://www.reddit.com/gallery/17hnhys

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 27, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wanderer is the inverse of Dehya. Terrible and unlikeable character, fantastic strong fun playing kit.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

sushibandit posted:

Wanderer is the inverse of Dehya. Terrible and unlikeable character, fantastic strong fun playing kit.

He's also Mika's best bud. The atk speed gains just keep going and he just disintegrates stuff.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I decided to make a list because I frankly have an embarrassing huge number of 5* characters. Mostly due to my typical gacha policy of just pulling as I get currency and not saving ever. I get what I get is my usual operation... but I might actually save for awhile until Wanderer eventually gets a rerun again since nothing in the immediate future particularly enthuses me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
you're a forever tighnari main but yae is marked don't care? :thunk:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I've lost too many 50/50s.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have most of my roster built so the only characters i have that i dont really use are venti, itto, and lyney

i basically always use kazuha and zhongli somewhere and otherwise i just rotate teams around based on my whims

wanderer is basically always my overworld character though

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

I feel like I have a decent amount of 5 stars for F2P

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you're a forever tighnari main but yae is marked don't care? :thunk:

Fischl already does an obscene amount of damage alongside Tighnari so I never feel the need. I suppose Yae offers more AoE damage in the party in comparison. Still though I've never really felt like my Tighnari team was lacking in most scenarios outside like super high level Abyss (which I basically never bother with).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The undercurrent supporting my favorite 5*s is "do you work with Kuki, the comfiest healer for always keeping your team at 100% in the overworld." Also are you annoying to aim your poo poo with (this is what keeps Neuv from the very tippy top, and what keeps any non-support bow user in the basement)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Only listed characters I have. The kazuha pic is just the one the template used.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The 4.2 Banners look like they've got some great 4* characters on them so I'm happy.

First Half: Baizou & Furina + Charlotte, Beidou, and Collei
2nd Half: Ayato & Cyno + Kuki Shinobu, Xiangling, and Kirara

I've got C4 Collei & Xiangling and both could stand to get some constellations, and I desperately need Beidou and Kuki

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Okay, I'm at my wits' end here-

Does anyone know, with 100% certainty, how to unlock the Pankration card in the Rag and Bone shop? I've looked up like 3 different 'guides' that all said to do something completely different, I've done all of them, I've waited for multiple resets, and the cards STILL say they've been reserved by someone else.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sorry, it's me. They're mine

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

happy birthday to the best radish

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

serefin99 posted:

Okay, I'm at my wits' end here-

Does anyone know, with 100% certainty, how to unlock the Pankration card in the Rag and Bone shop? I've looked up like 3 different 'guides' that all said to do something completely different, I've done all of them, I've waited for multiple resets, and the cards STILL say they've been reserved by someone else.

Did you complete the Unfinished Comedy sidequest? Like, every level of it?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Tampa Bae posted:

The 4.2 Banners look like they've got some great 4* characters on them so I'm happy.

First Half: Baizou & Furina + Charlotte, Beidou, and Collei
2nd Half: Ayato & Cyno + Kuki Shinobu, Xiangling, and Kirara

I've got C4 Collei & Xiangling and both could stand to get some constellations, and I desperately need Beidou and Kuki

didn't baizhu's banner just run? huh

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Leraika posted:

didn't baizhu's banner just run? huh

5 months ago. He came out in 3.6, so 4 patches ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Eimi posted:

5 months ago. He came out in 3.6, so 4 patches ago.

I could have sworn he'd gotten a rerun between then and now, but maybe I'm getting my leaks and my memory mixed up because a) my memory is very bad and b) haven't been paying attention about anything but neuvilette