Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mags posted:

who is epstein

some financier dude from new york

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Come american citizen , the genocide is good for working families. How can you be against the working family?

every day a fresh nightmare lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

some financier dude from new york

You mean Jeff? Love that dude what's he been up to lately?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1717629148779151815

the fat, pudding brained, ritchie torres.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It's kind of interesting that the US backed genocide in Indonesia also had 2000 marines just sitting off the coast waiting for it to be accomplished.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1717566057815118289

man there were towns in Germany that weren't this blasted

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Biden last week basically said the same thing that building the "arsenal of democracy" will help create jobs and boost the economy. Guarantee these new factories will pop up in swing states in particular where that genocide endorsing depressed gently caress is from.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1717604496530890934

As if it wasn't clear before, it's absolutely clear now this is a deliberate talking point from the US government. Genocide denial is official policy.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

ikanreed posted:

Israel uses it, bearing out your hypothesis.

lol so does d'n'd

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

absolutely insane how hard he is caping for Israel. and he wasn’t even on epstein’s list!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Buddykins posted:

9/11 was like one day of covid deaths back when they were actually being reported lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

free buddykins

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cover the posters of missing Israelis with missing Palestinians

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

30.5 Days posted:

In Israeli interceptor almost caused a hamas missile to shoot down a passenger plane

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

nick and nate Diaz are pro hamas for sure

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Google Butt posted:

Stockton is the most pro-Hamas city in America

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Death By The Blues posted:

Biden last week basically said the same thing that building the "arsenal of democracy" will help create jobs and boost the economy. Guarantee these new factories will pop up in swing states in particular where that genocide endorsing depressed gently caress is from.

Lol if you think there'll be factories

Actually building things is lostech

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

I'm still a little surprised he and Israel are now openly saying the hostages 'deserve the wall'

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Uncle Wemus posted:

Cover the posters of missing Israelis with missing Palestinians

Oh yeah someone's still posting these in my neighbourhood. I feel like they must live around here because I've only seen the poles on one side of the street for about a block postered. Last time they were put up with thumbtacks, this time they wrapped packing tape all the way around the pole. Fuckin' amateur hour.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
so basically, somebody wrote “free Palestine” on a wall. thats the story

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I'm feeling a lot of epigenetic trauma, literally shaking.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

gaza is losing stockton rules though :(

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

He's pissed he thinks people are gonna park there

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

You mean Jeff? Love that dude what's he been up to lately?

he got a foot off the ground

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

GIRL BRAINS posted:

He's pissed he thinks people are gonna park there

lol

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Zadok Allen has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Dec 23, 2023

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

came across some of those posters in seattle today, tore them down

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

someone should tell bibi that people want the hostages back alive and not turned into chunky salsa by a thousand pound bomb dropped on a residential building or hospital, i dont think he knows

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Hatebag posted:

no, but I also don't think he personally runs every chinese company doing business in israel.

More hamburger brains unable to conceptualize a different system. China's government runs China not business people.

Hatebag posted:

as long as the rich in other countries can continue making money by having friendly relationships with israel and the us they'll continue to do so. it's not like the psychopathic freaks that run every country already doing business with israel are going to suddenly develop consciences or human morality.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

someone should tell bibi that people want the hostages back alive and not turned into chunky salsa by a thousand pound bomb dropped on a residential building or hospital, i dont think he knows

to bibi those people became palestinian the moment they crossed the border

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

they don't want another hostage coming back and going off script like the old lady that got released

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Lol I really am a 10/6 truther. Maybe one day someone will ask Israel why there isn't an actual list of casualties from this so called terrorism.

Someone please remind the fine senator that the Israel rabbi response to that synagogue massacre was "who cares American jews aren't real jews"

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

I get bothered by the continued use of 9/11 as a scale of tragedy. Like, back in 2001 we didn't go around saying that we had a .05% of a holocaust done to us in a morning.

It’s because 9/11 initiated a massive realignment geopolitically whereby past enemies or opponents got in line with the “new reality” generated by the event. Saying this is a new 9/11 is saying it is imperative to unconditionally support Israel and abandon past political calculus supporting such petty thing a as human rights and accepting mass retaliation and the civilian casualties and collective punishment.

This being a double 9/11 means you have to be doubly okay with the abuse and violation of international law and norms. This is important because before you had to look at the Gaza Health numbers and take them seriously because this conflict has a decades long history and that is a verifiably reliable source of information. In a post double 9/11 world things like that do not matter.

Obviously this is a false narrative driven by a fascist settler state to justify its preexisting policy of ethnic cleansing. Death to America and it’s murderous vassal state Israel. Death to their compliant lackeys in the EU.

Free Palestine

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Blackhawk posted:

Quite the contrary in my experience actually. New Zealand tv news is still poo poo but the initial line was "terrorist atrocity killing innocent Israel dance people/civilians etc." with the political party leaders immediately and un-prompted making statements in support of Israel. Now every night it's scenes of devastation inside Gaza, talking about the numbers of Palestinian dead, how the aid getting in is nowhere near enough etc. They even took a report from a Palestinian reporter inside a refugee camp in Southern Gaza. It's still nowhere near enough but even in our lovely lib mainstream media the narrative definitely flipped from poor Israel to the reality of the atrocity they're committing pretty drat fast.

Edit: Also the Auckland war memorial tried to do the thing where they light up the outside in the colours of the Israeli flag and a bunch of Palestinian supporters protested it, got it shut down and made them apologise on social media lol.

I have thought about this and this is my guess:

From watching the Ukraine war, the biggest taboo was suggesting that Ukraine might be doing poorly. So, they really only reported on the limited Ukrainian success even as they lost about 1/5 of their land. So now we have the same media apparatus do the same thing: magnify success and minimize loss for the friendly team.

Now, the success in Ukraine was against Russia, a much larger "bully" and favored western boogieman. Now everyone loves a David and Goliath story, it's an easiy sell. A bunch of Russian tanks get blown up and it is naturally a victory to celebrate. Sure, people die. Conscripts die. But, yah know, it was them or me, right?

Meanwhile, the success of Israel is pure horror. Their military goals are the destruction of home and lives and hospitals, not tanks, not airplanes, not soldiers; just people. And so, the media magnifies it. They magnify the horror. Because that is the media's function in a time of war, to project strength and confidence. To magnify success.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1717604496530890934

As if it wasn't clear before, it's absolutely clear now this is a deliberate talking point from the US government. Genocide denial is official policy.

Free Buddykins, the US deliberately undercounted covid deaths and played games with their reporting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Remember when it was a big deal that the Saudis murdered a reporter lol

that was a DC-connected reporter with friends in American media, and the way they chopped him up and put his body into bags also gave people the ick.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

holefoods posted:

atta boy(?)

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

holefoods posted:

:hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

that was a DC-connected reporter with friends in American media, and the way they chopped him up and put his body into bags also gave people the ick.

and all this time all mbs had to do for the media to wash their hands of the affair was kill him with an isreali missile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Israeli flag didn't have a gold fringe so technically