Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

"The United States does not seek conflict with Iran. We do not want this war to widen," Secretary of State Antony Blinken said.

what a good way not to widen it by bombing their bases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

absolutely insane how hard he is caping for Israel. and he wasn’t even on epstein’s list!

maybe he's epstein, wearing a fetterman suit

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

"The United States does not seek conflict with Iran. We do not want this war to widen," Secretary of State Antony Blinken said.

The ghost of John McCain has other plans for Iran and it’s almost halloween

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HallelujahLee posted:

what a good way not to widen it by bombing their bases

"These precision self-defense strikes are a response to a series of ongoing and mostly unsuccessful attacks against U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria by Iranian-backed militia groups that began on October 17," said Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin in a statement.

"The President has no higher priority than the safety of U.S. personnel, and he directed today's action to make clear that the United States will not tolerate such attacks and will defend itself, its personnel, and its interests," he said.

:psyduck:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

"These precision self-defense strikes are a response to a series of ongoing and mostly unsuccessful attacks against U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria by Iranian-backed militia groups that began on October 17," said Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin in a statement.

"The President has no higher priority than the safety of U.S. personnel, and he directed today's action to make clear that the United States will not tolerate such attacks and will defend itself, its personnel, and its interests," he said.

:psyduck:

lmbo precision self-defense strikes

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

:yooge: a series of ongoing (and mostly unsuccessful!) attacks against U.S. personnel

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
also i feel like these people are wearing bizzaro They Live glasses. "free palestine" -> "this is reprehensible!". like what do you think you're reading bitch. what do those words say to you. i am genuinely curious.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how many of Hamas are roving around Israel now dressed in idf uniforms taken from barracks, q stores and captives.

ComradePeach
Sep 29, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe instead of a ballistic missile strike Iran will see how a Shahed swarm works against US bases in Iraq

Hey FF, you think they still have any Centurions over there? I don't think Ukraine ever got any of those to try out

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Do your thing, assad

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Mean Baby posted:

here is a good interview summary for 10/7 truthers (like me) to share with your friends.

https://youtu.be/i3h3S3zQYwo?si=BPxL7DXUpxgtkfCB

The Hannibal directive was news to me. IOF literally encourages killing their own to prevent them being taken hostage.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Assad is like a frustrated 90s sitcom dad and Syria is his suburban house where like every other floor and room has some sort of silly shenanigan/comedy of errors going on.

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

ComradePeach posted:

On the surface the comparison is dumb but I like to look at it as a good analogy of how Israel was utterly pantsed and kicked in the balls just like America was on 9/11, and because it compliments Hamas's effectiveness as a innovative military force.

I don’t think the comparison works on any level beyond the occupation government’s desired outcome. The targets seem to have been predominantly military/active colonist focused which are contextually valid military targets. If anything it’s more of an inverse 9/11 showing the Israeli state is vulnerable to symmetric warfare operations. The main parallel would probably be viewing both operations as a rejection of a negative peace but that sort of falls apart when you understand that there hasn’t been peace in Gaza since the blockade was implemented.

A good time to condemn the murderous Egyptian regime and their essential role in the murder of the Palestinian people.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
lol remember when America droned Soleimani?

this is stupid and par for the course from demon nation but probably not a big deal, but I guess we’ll see

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Zodium posted:

i would like to hear some feedback on how we’re handling moderation. we aren’t really coordinating efforts, but i think our strategy so far can be described as using a mix of sixers and curt warnings to shape discourse. my impression is the thread is in a reasonably good place now, given the circumstances. burger posting being more or less contained, no one going on psychotic or tedious rants, posting gore, etc. that’s more or less the goal. if that impression is not correct, please post or send a pm.

additionally, to be clear, though you are welcome to voice disapproval with these goals, we will not be letting up on any of that. however, if there are better ways we can go about it, if our methods are disruptive, if we should probe or warn relatively less or more, communicate more clearly, or need to intensify burger incineration, please post or send a pm.

going forward, and i want to stress here this isn’t something i think is currently happening, but simply a matter of communicating my current thoughts, my main concern is the thread veering into chat and digging up content for the sake of having something to post about as events lock in to whatever trajectory they will take. i don’t know if that will happen, but I think it is the tendency with world event threads that I’m most mindful of and would most like to avoid. once again, feedback on this or other future concerns would be welcomed.

for my money, it’s been difficult to follow this thread so closely, but I’m happy to see all the book posting and discussion of history and context about Palestine, especially from our posters who are from or have roots in the middle east, and particularly the posting and translation of news from regional sources. I’ve learned a lot that I’m very grateful for, and which has substantially helped me sway the people I know, whatever good that may do. thank you.

fizzy posted:

Permaban Brown Moses, Mid Life Crisis, Private Witt, NovemberMike, and daslog for genocide denial & apologia, and Permaban Koos Group for enabling genocide deniers and apologists.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

lol remember when America droned Soleimani?

this is stupid and par for the course from demon nation but probably not a big deal, but I guess we’ll see

things are a bit different now

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Really enjoying these geriatric fucks getting ready to obliterate the world with a new global war right as climate change begins to really accelerate.

DTA
DTI

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

HallelujahLee posted:

things are a bit different now

they are but they aren’t

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Mola Yam posted:

maybe he's epstein, wearing a fetterman suit

the stroke was Epstein’s spirit taking up residence in a new host body

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How the gently caress does the USA show drone footage of entire towns and cities wiped off the map by bombardment and then turn around and say "no, Palestine is lying about how many dead there are".

Forget genocide denial, that's just straight up reality denial.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

all the white house is saying is that the doctors in gaza are terrorists. israel can do with that information as they please

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's what I love about escalation

You just do it once and that's the end, everything goes back to the status quo immediately

Alright alright alright

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
death to israel, especially death to america the great satan of the world, the everflowing fount of misery and death

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Arc Hammer posted:

How the gently caress does the USA show drone footage of entire towns and cities wiped off the map by bombardment and then turn around and say "no, Palestine is lying about how many dead there are".

Forget genocide denial, that's just straight up reality denial.

Reality denial has been normal for years in policy, education, politics etc

"My truth" rather than objective reality is the norm.

So yes if you feel that nobody died when that apartment block copped a bunker buster them yeah, nobody did. It's your reality and anyone who says otherwise is a bad person who must be silenced because cognitive dissonance makes the brain hurt.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
if iran does nothing I will take the al-saqr position of calling them cucks.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Joe Biden just started another war

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Dying for Bidens oil profit's!!!!!

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

is there a MadTV sketch to summarize current events

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Tankbuster posted:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
"mostly unsuccessful" sounds a lot like a way to say "successful"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
weh need ta bomb. (inaudible) bomb syrah. syria. (inaudible)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
hard to believe Iran will let it go considering that they worked out face saving attacks with the us after soleimanis death and the us won't let that happen this time.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I'm not even sure Iran can get Iraqi militia groups to knock it off so the American attacks will escalate either way

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Oglethorpe posted:

is there a MadTV sketch to summarize current events

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkVdgFRKJxM

I forgot how racist this was lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

I forgot how racist this was lol

~me, about most of the 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1717737144276455502