Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Cheese is nice, but the best burger in my book is onions, lettuce, bbq sauce, and Sauerkraut. Not enough places have Sauerkraut as an option anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Cheese is nice, but the best burger in my book is onions, lettuce, bbq sauce, and Sauerkraut. Not enough places have Sauerkraut as an option anymore.

omg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://x.com/BasedMortimer/status/1717537983614640201?s=20

Guys I think Gunther might be a cuck.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

quick question for the gang

Are you like me that when you eat out at fast food burger places or places like chillis or whatever you put alot of stuff on the burger but when you do a family barbecue where you make the burger yourself you only put a tiny dab of one condiment and not even put cheese on it?

i always get carried away putting too much stuff on my burgs

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
how is serbia and israel have they managed to unify all sides of the clinton era yugoslavian civil war against them

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ardennes posted:

The US can’t fight all of Israel’s fronts for it, they don’t have zero influence but they are a known factor as well.

As for the future of Israel, we will see, but it really becomes a question of both the public support and the military ability of Israel to actually follow through with the genocide they promised at the start of all of this. If genocide isn’t on the table, and neither is military victory, the question becomes what next?

everything is so in flux it's impossible to make predictions. if the present was to become the new status quo i think you'd see something that looks like an even worse version of yemen, but this is so in people's faces i don't think the present conditions are going to hold.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/LinkofSunshine/status/1717571189952938045

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Buddykins posted:

I mean whats the end of this that we expect? This is more extreme than any of the last conflicts between israel and palestine in the last half a century right? Besides the obvious conflicts then, this is feeling way more substantial.

No one knows including the Pentagon, we can guess but that is about it. On one hand, it is unclear if either side has the “upper hand” here militarily but neither side either wants to back down or fight a full scale war, the temperature is arguably rising but hasn’t reach the threshold.

It is true this is some of the worst violence that has occurred in over a generation or more, but the question is if they everyone is going to jump in or not.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 08:49 on Oct 27, 2023

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
the great Satan

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

https://twitter.com/hz_pal48/status/1712180523949347036?s=20

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

puši kurac Gunthere

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

it's so awesome to think that some lower caste indian who's literally getting whipped and starved and beaten and humiliated by some Brahmin rear end in a top hat but still has enough racism and hate in his heart to aim at muslims thousands of miles away, it really goes to show you how effective fascist propaganda is.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Popy posted:

who doesnt put cheese on a burger?!

post burgs

That ain't kosher

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Al-Saqr posted:

it's so awesome to think that some lower caste indian who's literally getting whipped and starved and beaten and humiliated by some Brahmin rear end in a top hat but still has enough racism and hate in his heart to aim at muslims thousands of miles away, it really goes to show you how effective fascist propaganda is.

again, courtesy of the english

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ardennes posted:

No one knows including the Pentagon, we can guess but that is about it. On one hand, it is unclear if either side has the “upper hand” here militarily but neither side either wants to back down or fight a full scale war, the temperature is arguably rising but hasn’t reach the threshold.

It is true this is some of the worst violence that has occurred in over a generation or more, but the question is if they everyone is going to jump in or not.

The fact that we're even discussing 'who has the upper hand' in a war between Hamas and Israel really ought to tell you just how dire the situation is for the Israelis, this situation is really insanely unprecedented in the entire history of this conflict and the fact that Hamas is now more successful than Hizbullah was in 2006 is stunning.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
https://twitter.com/Jodi7768/status/1717705351229792492

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Buddykins posted:

I mean whats the end of this that we expect? This is more extreme than any of the last conflicts between israel and palestine in the last half a century right? Besides the obvious conflicts then, this is feeling way more substantial.

I think the non-idiotic members of the west are trying to get a ceasefire going with the hopes things will cool down and they can return to the status quo, or at the very least give Israel some breathing room with the hope that their army can be whipped into an effective fighting force again. Not saying this is feasible, but this is what they are trying to do.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Mister Bates posted:

still, good for them, they're doing more than the Japanese Communist Party is, and I hope they keep it up

The Japanese communists song is called "Let's do our Best!". I'm not sure if they are currently doing their best.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Did you guys hear about the Israeli intelligence outpost that got whooped in Eritrea last night? Pretty wild stuff, apparerntly they killed an israeli officer over there, but I cant find any sources other than al-mayadeen.

https://x.com/AlMayadeenNews/status/1717646437876404303?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

who is this person and why do i care that they're yelling at biden about palestine on assault weapons

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Death to America, inshallah

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

The fact that we're even discussing 'who has the upper hand' in a war between Hamas and Israel really ought to tell you just how dire the situation is for the Israelis, this situation is really insanely unprecedented in the entire history of this conflict and the fact that Hamas is now more successful than Hizbullah was in 2006 is stunning.

Hamas has played both the IDF and Israel like a fiddle and I think they have realized it. I think Hamas plan was much more bold than Hezbollah but also it is clear the IDF isn’t the same force it was back even in 2006.

That said, it is a bit of a July 1914 stand off at the moment.

On thing is also that technology really has changed quite a bit and leveled the battlefield to the point even a organization with a silver of the same funding can hold its own.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I think the non-idiotic members of the west are trying to get a ceasefire going with the hopes things will cool down and they can return to the status quo, or at the very least give Israel some breathing room with the hope that their army can be whipped into an effective fighting force again. Not saying this is feasible, but this is what they are trying to do.

Yeah I can't help but feel that most of the calls for a ceasefire are cynically hoping that if things quiet down for a bit it can drop out of the news cycle and everyone can go back to forgetting about it, but even that's still really a failure for Israel after all their trippling-down.

Similarly I wonder if Israel holding off the ground invasion long enough will make the situation 'boring' enough that media around the world drops it and they can continue on with their slow genocide in peace.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

there are several threads dedicated to burgers: the succ zone for political burgers, the ww3 thread for war burgers, and the peace thread for food burgers.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ardennes posted:

That said, it is a bit of a July 1914 stand off at the moment.

Absolutely, we are definitely in the month between Gavrilo Princep and the actual start of WW1 moment

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

mr patel will finally become an oreo.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Neurolimal posted:

I admittedly don't do audio editing, but it was a point some made on Twitter that the fake-rear end audio files have two channels, while calls, radio, filming speech, records in one

If that's the case then the options are that they edited the call for effect (cant trust it), or they spliced two mic recordings together

But really pointing out the accents and etiquette should be enough because burger people are naturally inclined to avoid learning about foreign nuance and will retreat

its not from splicing two recordings, they're still separate audio channels in it they never even spliced em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N5Z1pTTfl4

they both play at once at abt 27s & right at the start

they mix up who operative #1 and #2 are halfway through too lol, at 29s

the only reason they'd be panned left & right separately is someone manually doing it, phone calls are only in mono

each end would be recorded independently to its own track in actual surveillance too but they'd both be mono and centered, there's no reason to pan them at all when you'd sum them together except to increase the perceived effect of a back & forth for a listener because it's not present in their cadence because it's faked

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

Unlike chatGPT, the average indian is literally incapable of learning.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ardennes posted:

On thing is also that technology really has changed quite a bit and leveled the battlefield to the point even a organization with a silver of the same funding can hold its own.

if the drone-osphere can figure out a way to take down fast jets, the world is going to change very, very quickly

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Hamas operative 1: You and he were ... buddies, weren't you?

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

Zodium posted:

there are several threads dedicated to burgers: the succ zone for political burgers, the ww3 thread for war burgers, and the peace thread for food burgers.

Trump thread for nothingburgers

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol Lotta weird tankie takes about how actually Palestine would destroy Israel regardless of American support and its actually ignorant colonizing burger boys to even suggest that the largest military in the world propping up an apartheid state has even the slightest influence on this conflict.

You really don't need to go full bore contrarian just cause you hate america.

If you look up the list of wars that Israel was involved in, this is the biggest massacre of Israeli civilians since the Second Intifada. It's because of the intifadas that Israel completely restructured the nature of the occupation regime. During the intifadas Palestinians were able to cross the borders into Israel for work, and a lot of Palestinians with work visas carried out terror attacks on buses and such. After the Second Intifada, work visas were stripped away, foreigners were brought in to do Palestinian work, the West Bank enclosures were strictly controlled, and Gaza was abandoned with the intentions to make it another PA controlled enclave only to lose it to Hamas.

So when Israel was a more open borders colonial government trying to exploit the labor of Palestinians, it was unsustainably dangerous for settlers; but now that they've done nearly 20 years of total control, turning all of Israel into a massive prison state and accelerating the deterioration of Gaza & displacement of West Bank Palestinians they're in even greater danger.

The Second Intifada killed 700+ Israeli civilians over the course of five years. Al-Aqsa Flood killed 800 in a single day. The IDF has never been so thoroughly defeated before in its entire history, even during the early days of Yom Kippur in '73. The only thing that stopped Israel from being immediately destroyed is that Gaza has no capacity to project power and Hamas is ultimately still a paramilitary.

The viability of Israel as a settler-colonial project was predicated on the security of the settlers, and now that this security has been snatched away and torn to pieces indefinitely the clock is ticking down on the Zionist entity. And if Hamas was bad, Hezbollah is even more powerful and ready to join Hamas the moment the IDF oversteps their bounds, with other militias in the Resistance Axis ready to join forces as well. Every asset in the region that was built up to resist Israel and the United States for decades is being activated right now.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol Lotta weird tankie takes about how actually Palestine would destroy Israel regardless of American support and its actually ignorant colonizing burger boys to even suggest that the largest military in the world propping up an apartheid state has even the slightest influence on this conflict.

how do you come up with this stuff?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol i thought it was a SYQ

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
too quick on the probe... i think they could have posted more fun stuff

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i started posting here not to long ago and I figured out how to not burgers post already. there’s no excuse

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Blackhawk posted:

Yeah I can't help but feel that most of the calls for a ceasefire are cynically hoping that if things quiet down for a bit it can drop out of the news cycle and everyone can go back to forgetting about it, but even that's still really a failure for Israel after all their trippling-down.

Similarly I wonder if Israel holding off the ground invasion long enough will make the situation 'boring' enough that media around the world drops it and they can continue on with their slow genocide in peace.

I don't think they're going to be able to deescalate the situation to the degree that the people of the middle east, or Al Jazeera for that matter, are going to slowly forget about what's happening. Moreover, Hamas isn't going to let up on goading Israel to provoke a response, they can't go back to some degree of normalization now that civil infrastructure of Gaza is in a large part destroyed because there is basically nothing to go back to. You can't provoke aggression from a neighbor who's going to bomb out your cities and then throw your hands up and bide your time for another 5 years, Hamas would be delegitimized as a political entity (and rightfully so). For Hamas at the very least there cannot be a leveling of the status quo, they have to strive for a meaningful victory and the only real avenue left for that is humiliating and degrading the IDF an ruling Israeli government until they gently caress up enough to be defeated as a political force. If they cannot win meaningful political leverage out of the situation they will fade into irrelevancy, I just don't see how a group of guys this hardened and willing to sacrifice and stick their neck out and pull off that kind of operation we saw are going to just give Israel time to consolidate when we can clearly see that they have the capability to continue cross Israeli borders and gently caress poo poo up. I mean yeah, there isn't a guarantee of direct intervention from other regional powers, but regardless the situation is now dire enough for the Palestinians that headlines of Israeli bases getting raiding are not going to stop anytime soon. This poo poo ain't getting swept under the rug.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I hope they figure out a way to destroy Israel someday soon.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

is this a syq or has this retard actually just said tankie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

CODChimera posted:

how do you come up with this stuff?