Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I propose Griff and Karter's team be called the MILF Hunted.

PoolBoyz with a Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The ROH tapings were fun and that Leyla/Athena match was my match of the night but man did ghe energy drain when the second hour started. Just feels like way too much to do a second hourafter live TV has ended

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MorningMoon posted:

I'm gonna be petty: lol that Sky's Collision experiment ended with him coming to the show every week, for ROH tapings.

Probably the best use for him

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH:

Satoshi Kojima defeats Tony Nese after Nese shittalks bread

FINALLY a reason to buy Honor Club!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Blackpool Combat Club (Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta) defeat Colt Stevens and Levi Shapiro
Kris Statlander and Hikaru Shida defeat Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir
Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta) and the Hardys (Matt and Jeff Hardy) defeat Jake Hager, Daniel Garcia, Matt Menard and Angelo Parker
Komander wins a fourway over Penta El Zero Miedo, Johnny TV and Lince Dorado to earn a future ROH title shot against Eddie Kingston

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jade Cargill and Carlito are both in the area for Fastlane, per PWInsider

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor and Lee Moriarty) defeat the Infantry (Carlie Bravo and Shawn Dean)
Athena retains the women's title over Mazerati
QT Marshall retains the AAA Latin American title over Daga
Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa) defeat Lights Camera Faction (Fresco and Watson)
Angelico defeats Marty the Moth
Willow Nightingale defeats Leyla Hirsch. Postmatch Leyla attacks, Skye Blue makes the save
Action Andretti defeats Gringo Loco
Billie Starkz defeats Rachelle Riveter. Postmatch Mercedes Martinez and Diamante attack Billie and Athena
Kip Sabian defeats Anthony Henry. Sabian appeared to have gotten hurt and was looked at after the match by doctors
Ethan Page defeats Christopher Daniels. Postmatch Tony Nese and Smart Mark Sterling try recruiting Ethan, instead Ethan challenges Nese for a match at the next taping
Scorpio Sky defeats Darius Martin

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Chris James 2 posted:

Angelico defeats Marty the Moth

I wonder who the LU fan in AEW is, because they've been bringing in or pushing a lot of that roster lately.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s obviously Tony Khan because he’s a huge loving wrestle dork

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i mean, it's a good roster to look at. i gotta imagine the list of people who had been on LU and have never shown up in AEW and likely would never get a look from TK would be pretty small

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Considering even a low-level jobber like Vinnie Massaro got a couple of matches in AEW, I suspect the only people Tony would never even consider (aside from guys like currently signed to WWE like Escobar or Ricochet) are the actual criminals like Joey Ryan and ADR.

That said, I hope at some point we do get appearances from Rey Horus, Cheerleader Melissa and Mil Muertes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, almost anyone from LU who's any good and not an outright dangerous creep like Joey Ryan, ADR or Sexy Star is working for one of the major brands in the US, Japan or Mexico right now.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s obviously Tony Khan because he’s a huge loving wrestle dork
Sure, but the fact that most of the examples of it have happened within the last month makes me wonder if it's Danielson, since he has a bigger backstage role now. Even just putting Angelico on TV more after doing next to nothing with him for so long makes me think it's not TK.

Germansimp posted:

That said, I hope at some point we do get appearances from Rey Horus, Cheerleader Melissa and Mil Muertes.
Fenix had a match against Horus in Prestige last month, and afterward he told Horus the next time they fight it'll be on TV, so they've got eyes on him at least.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, almost anyone from LU who's any good and not an outright dangerous creep like Joey Ryan, ADR or Sexy Star is working for one of the major brands in the US, Japan or Mexico right now.

Hell, Tony even had the full Ivelisse experience a couple years back.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I mean really LU's roster was mostly really cool, grabbing the best of them seems like a good idea

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
AEW should sign Rey Mysterio. Booyaka booyaka.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Am I misremembering or was Mysterio booked for New Japan, got hurt elsewhere and signed with WWE before he recovered so he never did the booking?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

DeepDickPizza posted:

AEW should sign Rey Mysterio. Booyaka booyaka.

Can't, I think they just signed Mistico. It's a Rampage spoiler for you, so it fits the thread. Here's the rest of Rampage.

Mistico beat Rocky Romero 2-1 in a best of 3 falls match. Tony Khan came out afterwards and offered him a contract. Dunno if he signed it or not, but he gave TK a big bear hug and lifted him off the ground, so he's probably signed as of Friday.
John Silver beat Kip Sabian and Brother Zay, the winner getting to face Orange Cassidy for the International Title.
Claudio and Wheeler Yuta beat Bryan Keith and Exodus Prime.
Ruby Soho beat Skye Blue with an assist from Saraya. Kris Statlander ran out for the save, but then Skye Blue is still suffering the after-effects of misting, so she and Statlander had a stare-down to end the show.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
i love that the after-effects of the spooky mist is "being a moody goth"

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Tampa Bae posted:

i love that the after-effects of the spooky mist is "being a moody goth"

Skye's eye makeup was very corpse/goth pattern, but using bright blue and green for the colors.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Kvantum posted:

Can't, I think they just signed Mistico. It's a Rampage spoiler for you, so it fits the thread. Here's the rest of Rampage.

Mistico beat Rocky Romero 2-1 in a best of 3 falls match. Tony Khan came out afterwards and offered him a contract. Dunno if he signed it or not, but he gave TK a big bear hug and lifted him off the ground, so he's probably signed as of Friday.

They just got rid of CM Punk because AEW couldn't handle his fragile ego, now Tony thinks he can solve CMLL and AAA's nearly 30 year beef?

May god have mercy on Cubsfan's soul

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If the signing of Mistico means a more lucha focused show for Rampage, that would be great.

Also, hey Exodus Prime showed up again!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sami Callihan's backstage at Collision

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Before The Impact tapings:

Samuray del Sol beat Alan Angels

PCO, Mike Bailey, Jake Something, and Johnny Swinger def. Jai Vidal, The Good Hands, and Champagne Singh in the turkey suit match. Jai Vidal lost the fall. So he was forced to wear the turkey suit.

Impact Wrestling taping 1:

Tasha Steelz def. Deonna Purrazzo

Impact Wrestling Digital Media Championship Match:
Crazzy Steve def. Tommy Dreamer (c) by DQ after Dreamer used the fork on Steve

Brian Myers def. Joe Hendry

Eric Young def. Eddie Edwards

Oleg Prudius & Dirty Dango def. Nick Diamond (introduced as Ace Diamond) & Storm Grayson in a total squash

Impact Wrestling World Championship Match:
Alex Shelley (c) retains over Jonathan Gresham

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Chris James 2 posted:

Sami Callihan's backstage at Collision

Hope he stays there!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Impact Wrestling taping 2:

Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship Match:
The ABC (c) def. Kenny King & Sheldon Jean

Moose def. Heath
Moose & Myers put the boots to Heath after the match. Rhino makes the save with The Gore on Brian Myers. Moose retreats up the ramp.

Lucha Rules Match:
Black Taurus, Juventud Guerrera, and Laredo Kid def. The Rascalz
Konnan was on commentary.

Jordynne Grace & Bully Ray def. KiLynn King & Steve Maclin
Long staredown between Bully & Jordynne afterwards before Bully shakes Grace's hand and raises her arm.

Non-title Match:
Impact Wrestling Knockouts World Champion Trinity def. Sonny Kiss

Will Ospreay def. Josh Alexander

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have been told that, shockingly, Ospreay/Alexander loving slaps.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Konosuke Takeshita defeats Kyle Fletcher
Kip Sabian insults Philly. Mark Briscoe returns, interrupting him and chasing him off
Abadon wins a fatal fourway over Willow Nightingale, Anna Jay and Skye Blue, earning a women's title shot against Hikaru Shida on Collision. Timeless Toni Storm watched from the ramp
Mike Santana defeats Ortiz in a no DQ match. Postmatch Sonjay Dutt talks to Ortiz

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I was wondering where Abadon was - it's time for their yearly push.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact taping in Glasgow:

Joe Hendry defeats Rich Swann in a Glasgow Cup semifinal
Frankie Kazarian defeats Leon Slater in a Glasgow Cup semifinal
Deonna Purrazzo and the Most Professional Wrestling Gods (Moose and Brian Myers) defeat Subculture (Mark Andrews, Flash Morgan Webster and Dani Luna)
Eddie Edwards defeats Rhino
Jordynne Grace defeats Gisele Shaw
Grado defeats Trey Miguel
Trinity defeats Emersyn Jayne
Hendry defeats Kazarian to win the Glasgow Cup
Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) defeat Josh Alexander and Eric Young

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Rampage:

Konosuke Takeshita defeats Kyle Fletcher
Kip Sabian insults Philly. Mark Briscoe returns, interrupting him and chasing him off
Abadon wins a fatal fourway over Willow Nightingale, Anna Jay and Skye Blue, earning a women's title shot against Hikaru Shida on Collision. Timeless Toni Storm watched from the ramp
Mike Santana defeats Ortiz in a no DQ match. Postmatch Sonjay Dutt talks to Ortiz

Note: Fletcher attacked Takeshita and Hobbs after the match with a chair and Callis saved Fletcher from Hobbs killing him and allowed Fletcher to join the Family. also Ortiz was the heel, pulled out a table to tease the fans and put it down and after the match refused to bump fists out of respect. Toni Storm and Luther were on the ramp with cue cards to tell us and the wrestlers what to do. It was basically a comedy match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TNA bringing back the Glasgow Cup which hasn't been competed for since 1989 (the City of Glasgow Cup is basically it now though and has been around 3 years now so that's bold)

Generous of them to buy the rights from the Glasgow FA

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

KungFu Grip posted:

Toni Storm and Luther were on the ramp with cue cards to tell us and the wrestlers what to do. It was basically a comedy match

Honestly that sounds pretty fun. Was the crowd into it?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Ortiz being the heel in the feud is pretty baffling since all of the build has been Santana pretending he did everything on his own and was just mad at Ortiz for not texting him enough.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Bonk posted:

Ortiz being the heel in the feud is pretty baffling since all of the build has been Santana pretending he did everything on his own and was just mad at Ortiz for not texting him enough.

yeah, tbh this entire feud has been a massive miss for me so far, not least that weird backstage promo segment between them a week or two ago that just didn't go anywhere

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact Turning Point in Newcastle:

Grado and Rhino defeat a local team
Leon Slater retains the NORTH title over Mark Haskins
Eric Young and Josh Alexander defeat Subculture (Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster)
Gisele Shaw defeats Alex Windsor
Rich Swann defeats Trey Miguel
Jordynne Grace defeats Dani Luna
Joe Hendry defeats Simon Miller
The Most Professional Wrestling Gods (Moose and Brian Myers) defeat Chris Sabin and Frankie Kazarian
Trinity retains the Knockouts title over Deonna Purrazzo, with special guest ref Gail Kim. Postmatch Deonna attacks but is taken out by Gail
Will Ospreay defeats Eddie Edwards

Alex Shelley pulled a calf muscle during the Glasgow main event, unlikely to wrestle the rest of the weekend

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Honestly that sounds pretty fun. Was the crowd into it?

half the crowd left so kind of but not really. had a guy in front of me leave after he asked us if Edge was gonna be coming out and we told him no

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smackdown:

Kevin Owens defeats Austin Theory
Shotzi and Charlotte defeat Piper Niven and Chelsea Green
John Cena interrupts a Solo Sikoa and Paul Heyman promo and attacks/chases off Solo
Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince and Kit Wilson) defeat Brawling Brutes (Ridge Holland and Butch) in a Donnybrook match
Roman Reigns interrupts an LA Knight promo, referees separate them
Bianca Belair defeats Bayley. Postmatch Belair puts Bayley through a table, so she won't be able to easily interfere in Belair's title shot against Iyo Sky at Crown Jewel

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Good for LA Knight, I guess. From being a guy clowned out of Bo Dallas-era NXT over (badly) politicking for TV time, to becoming a main roster can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact in Coventry night 1:

Frankie Kazarian defeats Leon Slater. Postmatch Scott D'Amore comes out and says the only people he's made public contract offers to were Josh Alexander and Speedball Mike Bailey; he thinks they turned out okay and wants to know if Leon wants to join them. Leon signs a long-term deal
Jordynne Grace and Emersyn Jayne defeat Deonna Purrazzo and Dani Luna
Rich Swann defeats Amir Jordan
Brian Myers defeats Grado
Moose defeats Rhino
Eddie Edwards defeats Joe Hendry
Trinity retains the Knockouts title over Gisele Shaw
Eric Young and Josh Alexander win a triple threat over Subculture (Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster) and Chris Sabin and Kazarian

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 29, 2023