Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
The longer they stretch out her in-ring introduction the higher the expectations are going to be.

Jade's in-ring ability is not load bearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

feels like there is a pretty good chance after all this promotion that they put someone else over in Jade’s first match

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Tweak posted:

feels like there is a pretty good chance after all this promotion that they put someone else over in Jade’s first match

Jade wins when Nia Jax is DQ'd for kicking too much rear end.

Or a no contest like Gable Steveson's first match.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

They are working to accentuate Jade's biggest strength: looking the part.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

BrigadierSensible posted:

The point of a moment is that it is a memorable/important thing that happens.

It is all well and good getting her face on TV by having her shake hands with the prominent people, to get the audience used to her face and normalize her being a WWE 'superstar'

But you drag that out, then you burn all energy/charisma she has and waste away her potential 'moment'

You have her squash a jobber with a cool move, or have a drawn out match with someone who is presented as a big deal. This is memorable, this makes her important, this is her moment. And WWE haven't done that. And the longer they don't, the less it will mean when she does.

It's like WWE sucks or something weird

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

1glitch0 posted:

Jade wins when Nia Jax is DQ'd for kicking too much rear end.

Or a no contest like Gable Steveson's first match.

WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES KID! HAW HAW HAW I LOVE IT MAGGLE

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ChrisBTY posted:

They are working to accentuate Jade's biggest strength: looking the part.

Context matters, Jade looks good on the way to the ring or after she kicked rear end. She looks like a tool when she schmoozes with some suits backstage while wearing her ring attire for no reason at all.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Grendels Dad posted:

Context matters, Jade looks good on the way to the ring or after she kicked rear end. She looks like a tool when she schmoozes with some suits backstage while wearing her ring attire for no reason at all.

Maybe they could do some gimmick where she comes out looking bad rear end but before the match starts a box (-like structure) is lowered over the ring so no one can see anything and you just hear a bunch of bumping and stuff and a few minutes later the box is raised back up and Jade is looking badass standing over her defeated opponent. She can do the thing where she says that us loser peons aren't worthy of seeing her perform.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

I barely watch this garbage so I'm curious, are these suits trying to curry Jade's favor as a hot free agent or is she pretty much just going around shaking hands like, "I'm just happy to be here :D"?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

TheKingslayer posted:

I barely watch this garbage so I'm curious, are these suits trying to curry Jade's favor as a hot free agent or is she pretty much just going around shaking hands like, "I'm just happy to be here :D"?

From what I've seen, somewhere in the middle? "I'm just happy to be here" but with a cocky vibe?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Just have someone midcard cop an attitude with her backstage, then have Jade squash them impressively.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1717759734244426037?t=uAMaQ7TckkV3e75pGnssgQ&s=19

Friendship ended with Tony Khan

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave just reported on WOR that the Bloodline storyline is a movie, and cinema

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/DavidWayn/status/1717760591639572513

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Any time Dave says he likes apples he's really saying he loving hates oranges and will do everything in his power to keep them down.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

He's not wrong about the business thing. But it being good? Yeah he's losing it.

Then again no company is doing main event stories I like personally. I'll just hoot and holler when Ishii and Shingo beat the piss out of each other. Now that poo poo is cinema.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There will never be a satisfying ending to the Bloodline storyline for me. They are not building up a credible face challenger that Roman's been dodging that you want to see beat him. Because that's what they should be doing, where the only way he gets his shot is to win the Rumble.

Cody being gone for most of the year with an injury and coming out at #30 was lame.

You may as well let Roman keep the belt forever if they're not going to do it right.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Real reason for Mania 19 burial discovered???

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Dave wants the award to be based on business so badly he should just make it a non-voting award like Biggest Box Office Draw. Otherwise there's always going to be some subjectivity in voting, because Best Album or Best Artist isn't always Bestselling Album or Bestselling artist. It should be CMLL's booking team (pretty sure it's Ultimo Guererro?) on the strength of the booking and the business metrics of CMLL currently which is doing very well in comparison to 2022, whereas WWE's growth has stagnated compared to 2022.

Also AAA should win Worst Promotion and Konnan should win Worst Booker.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Astro7x posted:

There will never be a satisfying ending to the Bloodline storyline for me. They are not building up a credible face challenger that Roman's been dodging that you want to see beat him. Because that's what they should be doing, where the only way he gets his shot is to win the Rumble.

Cody being gone for most of the year with an injury and coming out at #30 was lame.

You may as well let Roman keep the belt forever if they're not going to do it right.

At this point, the main guy who should beat Roman is Jey, and not only do I not want to see that match again, I can't even imagine Jey as the top guy to begin with.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Thinking of the worst possible move and realising they will feed GUNTHER to Roman eventually.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lid posted:

Thinking of the worst possible move and realising they will feed GUNTHER to Roman eventually.

Don't worry, when GUNTHER gets a program with Roman, their match will happen long after anyone could possibly care. Who knows, maybe GUNTHER will even get to look strong before he slips on a banana peel or Paul Heyman betrays him after having joined the Nazi stable because they are too strong for the Bloodline. Whatever happens, rest assured that it will happen for months on end, will have two good matches, and end with Roman going over in a wet fart finish.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Real reason for Mania 19 burial discovered???

Booker T is right for once

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

No poo poo. Nash is cooler than the whole faction combined.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If Kevin Nash replaced Roman Reigns in the Bloodline I would pledge my allegiance to WWE

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

No poo poo. Nash is cooler than the whole faction combined.

Literally any single member of MEM (though Booker himself is borderline) is cooler than the factionwhose second in command is Jey Uso.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Did it turn business around? I was under the impression from reading a few posts here that the ratings were stagnating year to year lately and I know the stock price has tanked from its high of $115 to around $80 now.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If Kevin Nash replaced Roman Reigns in the Bloodline I would pledge my allegiance to WWE

I would not because it's still WWE

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

Did it turn business around? I was under the impression from reading a few posts here that the ratings were stagnating year to year lately and I know the stock price has tanked from its high of $115 to around $80 now.

It sounds like their live event attendance is up at least

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

Ratings aren't the only indicator of success. Merch sales and ppv buys and live ticket sales are important too

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Maybe my timeline is off but it seemed like the bounce back came about the time Vince was ousted and things started stagnating again when he got back in.

Must be a coincidence.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ratings aren't the only indicator of success. Merch sales and ppv buys and live ticket sales are important too

WWE doesn't have PPV buys. Not meaningful ones, anyway.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They've had steady ratings and grown ratings before football when Cable's ratings have been down across the board and have had great advanced ticket sales. I still think the product is bad and some of the advances are starting to get soft but it's been on a hot streak since Cody came in last year

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wish the company and journalists gave Sami more credit for the bloodline story getting as over as it has. I have zero interest in WWE's product but what Sami was doing was amazing, got my attention and I actually started looking for his newest stuff. If it could do that to someone like me I imagine it's also a big reason for why a ton of more eyeballs got on the product and dug what they were seeing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sami 100% is the reason the Bloodline took off and how Roman finally got over and if they had him beat Roman for even just 1 of the belts in Montreal they'd have a new top star. But instead the minute he got Roman super over they rushed him back to the mid card and are doing everything to get that heat to the Uso's and make people forget about Sami

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

And business is booming

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Booming so hard they got kicked off of network TV.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sami Zayn is a B+ player, like Seth. Maybe they can give him a gold watch run with Seth’s midcard world title but that’s his peak sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

To be fair WWE losing Fox is more about TV being cheap and the coming sports rights fee crash. Plenty of other leagues are noticing networks not wanting to pay big money increases and wanting to go on the cheap

Still super funny though!