Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
KC Green had to go and Do A Thing:

s/o chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

smarxist posted:

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

So beautiful

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Princess Beef definitely talks like a flirty Scarlett O'Hara.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

smarxist posted:

s/o chicken

:lol:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"That's wack, Mario! You are so small" was the first thing I thought of after taking damage in Wonder for the first time.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

A shipping label

has been created

for my order.

The package arrives,

The cookbook promised, now fulfilled.

But wait: there, beneath the GOF T-shirt... a hidden razor! Anthrax clinging like Reagan snow! ohhhhh shiiiiiit

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Perfect Friends.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ray and Pat broin' it up ITS.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I think now is a good time to retract my theory that Ron's going to trick Ray out of money.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Just Some Knuckleheads From The Fake-rear end Mushroom Retreat.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
It is important to have your friend's back, even if it is your shittiest friend.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Deathlove posted:

Perfect Friends.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
They're boys again!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

mutantIke posted:

They're boys again!

Who does Ron think he is, thinking he can hang with the dirtiest dudes in town?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Pat is Pat but he will always be there with you when the chips are down

Ron could never

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
We should all be so lucky to have a friend like Ray

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Mushroom trip reports in the Patreon comments are pretty fun, too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I have received my goods from Onstad.

The pint glass corresponds to the description of the object. The cookbooks are disappointingly petite, for my enormous hands, but are of decent quality and entirely legible. This includes Cookbook #2, which also includes an updated version of Nice Pete's fried chicken recipe.

The GOF T-shirt is of Mexican manufacture, presenting a potential risk. I shall not wear it this afternoon.

A free sticker was included.

I feel as though I have received value for money, although it was inefficient of him to send the pint glass in a separate container, necessitating additional postage. In time, I imagine he will refine his process.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Nessus posted:

The GOF T-shirt is of Mexican manufacture, presenting a potential risk. I shall not wear it this afternoon.

Be careful you don't get Mexican Magic Realismed when putting it on

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
does anyone know which strip the "we are all guaranteed at least a little tremendous physical pain" one is? it didn't turn up on ohnorobot when i searched

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Turpitude II posted:

does anyone know which strip the "we are all guaranteed at least a little tremendous physical pain" one is? it didn't turn up on ohnorobot when i searched

How It's Going

A boy remembers a story about an uncle who fell off a large rock and tore his leg on a barbed wire fence. He has a horrible realization, which perhaps heralds his descent into maturity: in life, we are all guaranteed at least a little tremendous physical pain.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
in life, we are all guaranteed at least a little tremendous assistance from strangers. thank you

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

moot the hopple posted:

Be careful you don't get Mexican Magic Realismed when putting it on
If I am sent back to 197X, I shall, at least, know some things to do, especially if I am a fighting man and in California.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The Achewood fairy also stopped by my front porch this morning!

To be perfectly honest, I also ordered a Why You Even Got To Do A Thing tee shirt, but I received an apologetic email from a man named Brian and a refund for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"He will never be in a band" is so perfect in how succinct it is, especially with all the panels surrounding it.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I ordered all the GOF prints last winter when they were on sale and got the Kronos Cafe sticker.

I wanted Keith Moon's head, which I had two cars ago after I ordered cookbook 1 in fuckin' 2007.

Edit: I also think about "Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person" a lot.

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 29, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm re-re-re-re-reading the Achewood backlog again and I really enjoyed the idea of Ray spotting Pat in a cape and running to the window to admonish him like he was a child doing something bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The sudden jump to Ray pondering,"I wonder if Pat would be good at folk rock now?" and its payoff is a beautiful thing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jerusalem posted:

The sudden jump to Ray pondering,"I wonder if Pat would be good at folk rock now?" and its payoff is a beautiful thing.

Yeah it's a good running joke that Ray inexplicably has the ability to suss out very successful musical trends.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"In a nation of broadband apathy, the pierced avenues of your local Tower Records are something like a roll call for reform... reporting to [Ray Smuckles'] Ragtime Detention Center is like pacing steadily toward the altar of... the only modern cultural validation which can even be said to exist."

Douglas Coupland NAILED it on "rear end in your Pants" for sure :hmmyes:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Edit: I also think about "Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person" a lot.

It's such a devastating ending line for a strip that's already incredibly bleak :smith:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Now I know what mullions are

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

The post office lost my achewood store order :smith:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
loving hell, Ray.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Roast Beef is 100% right about facetime.

I grunt in exasperation when someone on TV or a movie takes a video call while walking down the street.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I'm completely on Team Beef. I have a trick where I will never answer a Facetime call. Hell, even regular calls- my closest friends all know for a fact that calling me doesn't work.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I try to have a weekly video call with my mother because she wants to see my son but lives on the other side of the country, and I'm wholly incapable of maintaining a conversation and being director of photography while my kid throws toys around the room at the same time.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

That was a deep belly laugh from me. Well done Mr. Onstad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

I feel like we're entering a period where every comic's alt-text can just be this and I'm here for it.