Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think we'll have a really fun format when there's more cards, but it's not quite there yet. Shame they're in a game where they need to split releases now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Master Duel banlist pre-hits for new cards:

New upcoming selection pack:

Rage of Chaos selection pack's (the initial Kash pack) expiration date has been extended:

TLDR: Rescue-Ace, Kash, and Triple Tactics Thrust are coming

Flair fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 6, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ooh the gishki stuff. Thatll be interesting.
It revitalizes spright a little as the engine you can get out of them is all L2s

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It revitalizes spright a little as the engine you can get out of them is all L2s

I've seen people argue that Tear is the big power jump in the last few years, but now that I think about it I think the biggest and most irreversible paradigm shift actually comes from Spright.

I don't think you can undo Spright, I think level/rank 2 decks are going to be using Spright as the glue for powerful engines for years, and is only going to actually be outpaced when other types of decks start adopting its tricks.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cleretic posted:

I've seen people argue that Tear is the big power jump in the last few years, but now that I think about it I think the biggest and most irreversible paradigm shift actually comes from Spright.

I don't think you can undo Spright, I think level/rank 2 decks are going to be using Spright as the glue for powerful engines for years, and is only going to actually be outpaced when other types of decks start adopting its tricks.

You could say the same about Dragon Link. Theres many decks in yugioh that lie waiting and are just a few cards from being breaking into meta.

And I disagree, Spright on their own were on the power creep curve or a little beyond it. But the spright frogs specifically was insanely powerful compared to the rest of it. outside of the frog hybrid they can still be chokepointed, countered and are susceptible to hard reads.
Also the key card for all this is actually spright elf, not the sprights themselves. See all the decks running elf but none/very few of the main deck sprights while it wasnt banned.

None of those things apply to tears.
I was about to type a big ol post but: Theres a reason one of these decks is almost all on the F/L list and the other mostly isnt.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Pulled an ulti Triple Tactics Thrust out of an OTS pack at locals and had a calm freakout. Hands were shaking lol.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'd been saving up my gems for Kashtira for months, decided to use that as my jump back into the game. Of course its release coincided with the European servers making GBS threads the bed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hizke posted:

Pulled an ulti Triple Tactics Thrust out of an OTS pack at locals and had a calm freakout. Hands were shaking lol.

i loving love gambling and im going to gamble so hard when the rarity collection comes out

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i feel like i ought to get a lottery ticket rn, ive pulled 7 arise-hearts. i wish i had this luck building purrely

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Meanwhile, the structure decks continue to be really good to players like me who occasionally play paper. The next structure deck will have Droll, Impermanence and Solemn Judgement in it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Duelist Cup once again begins:
You have to be DL 19 to get all the gems.

Missions:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
What the gently caress is that rewards pack? Masked Beast/Gate Guardian/Mokey Mokey support?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Actually managed to get up to rank 18 in the Duelist Cup already, with blind second Kashtira. Triple Tactics Thrust is a huge difference maker. Also, somehow ran into Numeron OTK at level 18. Lost the coin flip, they made me go first, I figured it was Mikanko. Turns out it wasn't. They did not have a good time:

To their credit, they kept playing. Their turn four topdeck was Triple Tactics Thrust, but when I had Ash Blossom for that one they scooped.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I hear Edison format got a ranked ladder on Dueling Book. I've been enjoying a fair few Edison videos recently. Specifically, Zuczid's Cursed Tech series, where he takes cards with a reputation for sucking and tries to build a deck around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFO8wBi_LtQ

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/JJPM_YT/status/1715799462306594927

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress yeah

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Dabir posted:

I hear Edison format got a ranked ladder on Dueling Book. I've been enjoying a fair few Edison videos recently. Specifically, Zuczid's Cursed Tech series, where he takes cards with a reputation for sucking and tries to build a deck around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFO8wBi_LtQ

That Montage Dragon episode was so good.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
The new pendulum magician stuff from AGOV is insane, but if you only play master duel.. just wait til they release S:P Little Knight and TY-PHON and all the diabellstar and horus poo poo lol. Testing on Omega, I have run into S:P Little Knight every game and its a broken loving card.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Hizke posted:

gently caress yeah

Full match.

As for S:P Little Knight, maybe that's what finally gets Spright Elf banned in Master Duel?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Skios posted:

Full match.

As for S:P Little Knight, maybe that's what finally gets Spright Elf banned in Master Duel?

lol good god i didnt even think of that

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I am god's favorite princess cause my favorite archetypes keep getting actually good legacy support.

https://ygorganization.com/milkironotouge/

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Managed to make it to the second stage of the Duellist Cup for the very first time. I was playing a blind second build of Kashtira. Basically a fairly standard Kashtira deck, with three copies of Triple Tactics Talent and Triple Tactics Thrust, and a bunch of board breaking silver bullets.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hizke posted:

The new pendulum magician stuff from AGOV is insane, but if you only play master duel.. just wait til they release S:P Little Knight and TY-PHON and all the diabellstar and horus poo poo lol. Testing on Omega, I have run into S:P Little Knight every game and its a broken loving card.

Little Night is stupid.

It's even dumber if you have it and Masq's support card in hand.

https://ygorganization.com/asprightincatears/

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So this is an oddity - Master Duel is getting a new card TWO DAYS after it comes out in OCG:

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/october-2023/record-of-noble-spirits-announced

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Neat, but also, this seems insane in Rescue-ACE?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Skios posted:

Neat, but also, this seems insane in Rescue-ACE?

If you're on any significant number of FIRE its almost destroy phoenix

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If you're on any significant number of FIRE its almost destroy phoenix

Run it in Volcanics, got it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

INFERNOBLES RISE UP

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

NO ONE CAN STOP THE YEAR OF FIRE

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Prisoner Princess of Fruitful Flames

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This Edison plant deck looks pretty sick. I always thought Miracle Fertiliser looked pretty bad, but I think I had it in my head that it worked like COTH and destroyed the monster when it leaves the field. It's not, it's at minimum Monster Reborn .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeN5VThrlms

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Master Duel updates:

Upcoming selection pack:

New banlist update:

New Libromancer secret pack:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh finally, book club

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Maximum monsters are the coolest goddamn poo poo.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

"exodia but it's an actual supported summoning mechanic" is such an obvious slam dunk that it's shocking it took this long for them to figure it out

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Skeleton Mom posted:

"exodia but it's an actual supported summoning mechanic" is such an obvious slam dunk that it's shocking it took this long for them to figure it out

That's just more proof Rush Duels are very good.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Skeleton Mom posted:

Especially when Duel Masters had basically the exact same idea like a decade ago

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Duelist Cup just wrapped up. It seems many OCG players were on the Ghostrick Purrely deck.

Here is the potential first place decklist:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
New banlist coming on the 9th:

Appointer of the Red Lotus banned
Pot of Extrav limited
Benten and Fraktall back to three.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/MasterDuelSite/status/1718953156715872341

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New selection pack and two new secret packs with Libromancer + Topologic and Icejade + Ghoti