Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Theme

:eyepop:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lol die already, nazi shitposting app

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Just the one, though

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why are serious media still on that nazi app? I cannot understand why you want to connect your brand in any way with that trash fire.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

crispix posted:

lol die already, nazi shitposting app

sadly he has a dealer that tests his ket for fent

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

maybeadracula posted:

Just the one, though

$3/month for nothing but swastikas plastered all over your profile

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Steadiman posted:

So that reads like the whole site is gonna become paywalled, no more free accounts. Seems like the muskiest thing to do

You know Elon wants to do it so badly but even his most devoted ball lickers know it would be nuclear death for X.com.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Steadiman posted:

So that reads like the whole site is gonna become paywalled, no more free accounts. Seems like the muskiest thing to do

That's the stated plan. They are testing this in the Philippines and New Zealand where any new accounts have to pay $1 a year to unlock posting, retweeting and likes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Steadiman posted:

He's already rolling out the $1/yr to read tweets thing in Europe

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
the website will be raking in money on par with somethingawful in no time

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
imagine how much he could make if he allowed people to pay to mess with others users bios and profile pictures

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
NYT also did a 1year of X write-up

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
if i were the richest person on earth, i would simply not spend 44 billion dollars to put myself at the center of a nazi echo chamber

but i guess that's why i'm not the real life tony stark :sigh:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

$1 a month for entry but $3 a month for respect. I can dig it

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Those :10bux: paying for themselves over and over aw yeah

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

On the latest Chapo they talked about the Yaccster and how funny her account is with David Roth

Don’t get my hopes up

david lee roth on a podcast would be a beautiful disaster

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

ben shapino posted:

$1 a month for entry but $3 a month for respect. I can dig it

pffft, it's $1 a YEAR, it's almost criminal not to do it

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

malder posted:

Why are serious media still on that nazi app? I cannot understand why you want to connect your brand in any way with that trash fire.

Because all media has become screenshots or hot links to people's tweets on the topic, so if you want your stuff in the media you gotta post it on the nazi app.

Until they start paywalling just to view tweets, at which point it ceases to function as an aggregator of hot takes for public humiliation and the whole thing collapses.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Much like Elon himself, this person's beliefs are a complete mystery

Not a bad sized dating pool tbh

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
At $32 a pop Elon just needs 1,375,000,000 of you rubes to cover buying the place.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lucky for him there's a sucker born every minute.

Sadly for him it'll be nearly two decades before he can monetise them.

The rest of us already think he's worse than a snake oil salesman.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

malder posted:

I think at this point it's because of inertia and not wanting Nazis to take their handle

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

malder posted:

Because media is without morals or scruples. hope that helps

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Happy first birthday Twitter! X!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Steadiman posted:

Charging for basic poo poo that every other big web app generally gives for free is loving amazing. Editing a post? Undoing a post? Two factor authentication? Holy gently caress, sign me up I mean this is revolutionary poo poo right here

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

musk wrote that note

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Just reading that Tesla is making changes to the Model 3 including putting the goddamn gear shifter on the touchscreen

lmbo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

God he's so loving stupid, just says whatever sounds crazy at any given moment.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

maybeadracula posted:

Just reading that Tesla is making changes to the Model 3 including putting the goddamn gear shifter on the touchscreen

lmbo

even if the whole loving thing is computer controlled, a manual gear-shift between N, D, P, and R is just necessary. Human engineering-level necessary.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo this was embarrassing the first time he did it.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

maybeadracula posted:

lmbo

It's as if the goal is to kill people.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

explosivo posted:

Pretty funny writeup about Twitter dying and specifically Yaccarino over at Defector:

did someone say #sports?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

maybeadracula posted:

lmbo

I thought everything was already on the screen in that car.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

malder posted:

They are convinced/terrified that their 20,000 followers on X.com are totally real and irreplaceable even though the only people who respond to their posts are Nazis

They're obsessed with not restarting their follower counts.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

malder posted:

they're less online than we are

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Circle Nine posted:

imagine how much he could make if he allowed people to pay to mess with others users bios and profile pictures

unironically a solid revenue plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Maybe it will be part of the upcoming Premium++ package