Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm a little amazed he totally whiffed on Papa John though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Color Printer posted:

To be fair, the link between pizza and Papa John’s is tenuous at best.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Color Printer posted:

my first thought was Luigi Primo but my brain is wrestling poisoned

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rotinaj posted:

Jordan is purposely off of social media so he won’t see as many of these things that get magnetically drawn into the infowars sphere, isn’t he?

I think he's off social media because he hates it, but he does intentionally try to avoid hearing anything about Infowars to maintain his show role as the wee innocent babe unaware of what horrors Dan is about to inflict on him.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Go RV! posted:

my first thought was Luigi Primo but my brain is wrestling poisoned

Goddammit what did Luigi Primo do

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dangerous Person posted:

Goddammit what did Luigi Primo do

Anti-vaxx rear end in a top hat.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Color Printer posted:

Yeah, I didn’t know who anybody else was, either (which is the joke, they are nobodies), the Papa John one shoulda been a gimme.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I knew James o’Keefe actually from Jordan mentioning Charlie Kirk. My brain jumped to Project Veritas right after that.

I knew Papa John right away too.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

As this interview progresses I am wondering more and more about how you can interview Alex like this, getting these kinds of answers, and not at some point think "This guy is full of poo poo". The man deflects like a motherfucker

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Testekill posted:

Man....

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Stop. loving. Talking. Over. The. loving. Clips.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Christ almighty I’m just getting around to Nick Fuentes “debate” appearance on the show from Wednesday. Jones so far twice has just left the desk while on air to “get coffee” while Fuentes just has free time to spew his garbage.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Mr Scumbag posted:

Stop. loving. Talking. Over. The. loving. Clips.

You know you can just stop listening to the show.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

TerminalSaint posted:

You know you can just stop listening to the show.

Some people can only feel alive while experiencing cross-eyed rage. Don’t take that from him.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Testekill posted:

i wanna say this got debunked and the source was like, one rando on twitter??

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Vivek: I've been looking forward to this conversation for a long time, I'm excited about it.

Dan, quietly: oof

:lol:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I listen to KF with the meta strategy of being my own jordan by screaming at Jordan to shut up while he screams about Alex

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

As someone who is new to the podcast and has largely ignored right-wing ghouls, the latest episode with Nick Fuentes was bone-chilling. It was so creepy to hear Alex try to throw out his brand of "America First, no open borders" bigotry/anti-semitism to seeing another guy respond with "right, America first, Jews only care about their own" just to hear Alex seemed to be relieved to not have to hide it anymore and just go "hell yeah, brother." It even ends with Alex seeming like he wants to convert to Islam. Jesus.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Nick Fuentes is probably one of the more poisonous right wing poo poo stirrers to arise in recent memory, his unflinching white supremacist routine is extremely well honed and he is extremely confident in what he says

I am glad that thus far, he has been positively identified as a piece of poo poo nazi and alex is basically the only outlet trying to launder him

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

As someone who is new to the podcast and has largely ignored right-wing ghouls, the latest episode with Nick Fuentes was bone-chilling. It was so creepy to hear Alex try to throw out his brand of "America First, no open borders" bigotry/anti-semitism to seeing another guy respond with "right, America first, Jews only care about their own" just to hear Alex seemed to be relieved to not have to hide it anymore and just go "hell yeah, brother." It even ends with Alex seeming like he wants to convert to Islam. Jesus.

Yeah, that was a real wake-up call into his particular brand of garbage.

Hearing his "Look, I'm not saying that all Jews are bad, but they don't follow Christ, so they can piss off" rationale, with Alex verbally high-fiving from the "coffee machine" had me shouting along with Jordan. And under no circumstances should anyone hand it to Nick, but hearing someone who is fresh, rehearsed, and current vs Alex who knows like 5 anecdotes which he keeps trying to bend into new lies was amusing.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 1, 2023

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

That was the thing. I've only recently started listening to KF, and going through the Formulaic Objections Playlist, I've had to hear Alex's same prepared spiels a dozen times. He just rambles and babbles, throwing out a million pieces of bait to see what sticks, meanwhile padding his speech with "not all Jews/Blacks/Muslims" remarks. He almost seemed relieved to get a guy who cut through all of that fluff so that they could just get straight down to a polished core of white supremacy talking points.

Seven hundred+ episodes is also a lot. Does anyone have any particular episode recommendations? I've listened to everything from the past few months as well as the Sandy Hook stuff and Dollop guest episodes.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Couple good suggestions in the op if you haven't got those yet.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
My advice is to just go back some amount of time and listen until you're caught up. Could just be an arbitrary number of episodes or back to some moment in recent history. After you're done you can decide if you want to go back even further.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Project Camelot is a must. It’s crazy space weirdos and there’s a murder, raptors, spider leadership in the Vietnam War* and a secret double-agent anthropologist.

The Endgame coverage is worth a listen. Same for the Obama Deception. That’s two distinct Alexes that’ll give you more context for the modern form.

The area from just before the 2020 election to a bit after January 6th is pretty dang solid and has some natural sort of “arcs”. Plus it’s interesting to nuts-and-bolts through the news there because a lot of poo poo was popping off. O and Dan’s a cappella cover of The Devil Went Down to Georgia is legit amazing.

But honestly : I was like you once. I thought I’d jump around, I didn’t need to listen to everything. I can just follow particular stories that catch my eye, jump around, maybe start with Sandy Hook…

…then I caught the bug, had to listen to everything, and had to listen to half the stuff twice because I’d been jumping around harum scarum without realizing the gaps I was leaving were an unlistenable, contextless mess of scraps.

*That might have been the beetle beings, actually. I’m not good with the alien cosmology.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah if nothing else you want to listen to all of Project Camelot. https://www.podchaser.com/lists/project-camelot-saga-knowledge-fight-107a4XhxIo

I started with that list and then eventually listened to everything.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I personally couldn't handle too much Camelot in a row. They were nice to break up the Alex stuff on a journey through the whole catalog though.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I took drugs and went on a 17 mile hike while marathoning through the first 6-7 hours of Project Camelot back in August.

It was a pretty solid day.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
I shotgunned the entire backlog starting at the beginning over last summer and, while it's hard to suggest particular episodes, there's a few arcs that I remember being interesting in a :stonklol: kind of way.
The Larry Nichols stuff is pretty funny with how he lies about everything and does an interview with KF.
Anything covering Steve Pieczenik, but you may have gotten a lot of that with the Sandy Hook stuff.
The first few times they cover The Hour of the Time from Bill Cooper were interesting to see how much Alex ripped off.
And Project Camelot like everyone else said.

Honestly, I wish they'd find more subjects for Whacky Wednesday. Outside of bankruptcy updates or hitching onto to Nazis, Alex is getting pretty tired. There's no way they could stretch more out of Lienol, but that was a fun little diversion.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I want them to do the Mike Lindell deposition.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The thing keeping the Lindell depositions from KF is that we only have snippets given to us from the request for sanctions. We don't have the full thing. Dan especially would want to know what the plaintiff's lawyer overall strategy is, and if Lindell is giving reactions to specific things versus just being unpleasant in general -- but there is no way to know for sure with what little we have.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Xiahou Dun posted:

I want them to do the Mike Lindell deposition.

Now, that would be worth an OP update.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Morroque posted:

The thing keeping the Lindell depositions from KF is that we only have snippets given to us from the request for sanctions. We don't have the full thing. Dan especially would want to know what the plaintiff's lawyer overall strategy is, and if Lindell is giving reactions to specific things versus just being unpleasant in general -- but there is no way to know for sure with what little we have.

Nah, multiple depositions of his have been bouncing around for a bit. I even linked them to Dan on Blue Sky but who knows if he checks that.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Dan mishearing "Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels" as "Terry Pratchett's The Squirrel novels" was a charming mixup.

Alex mispronounces a lot of words, we all know that. "Stephen Cohbert" "Ozymandamous" "Suh-TAHR." It's not a shock, it's a symptom of how lazy, careless, and uncurious he is. But "Nick Foyntes" is still absolutely bewildering to me. He lives in motherfucking Texas. I know he's heard that name plenty of times before!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m guessing the Fuentes episode is especially gross?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

To add to recommendations. You have to go back to Ep340 to get the Stevie P. backstory. It's a hell of a thing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Stevie P declaring that he'd been using Alex all along after Jan 6th is still my favourite Knowledge Fight moment of all time.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

teen witch posted:

I’m guessing the Fuentes episode is especially gross?

Honestly, not nearly as much as you'd think. He is still a smarmy little Nazi, so obviously it sucks the usual amount, and his open antisemitism is pretty bone-chilling... but compared to Alex's constant slew of transphobia that you will find in any random episode, I can't say that I found it viscerally upsetting. And it is pretty fascinating to see how he runs circles around Alex on his own show because Alex is so afraid to disagree with him on anything until the very end.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The payoffs of the trial episodes are absolutely worth the build up. Hearing how much of a disingenuous, uncaring poo poo weasel Jones is in a setting where he's told to sit down and answer the drat question when he tries to bloviate and bullshit his way around it is pretty great. Then Bankston's kill shot is so sweet.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
So Jones as of yesterday is still pushing mug club and says he’s doing a weekly 2-hour show. That’s your update on his latest parachute attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

120 has a moment where Alex burp/talks that kills me