Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the overton window has moved so far to npr neoliberalism that the rhetoric here is unthinkable today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQn9NT08a4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

comedyblissoption posted:

the overton window has moved so far to npr neoliberalism that the rhetoric here is unthinkable today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQn9NT08a4

imagine a president doing that now, completely unthinkable

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Have any of these vbnmw peeps ever once expressed concern over the 80,000/year who die bc of health insurance, or any other group that they purport will be rounded up & killed if herr trumpf is reelected?

quote:

I kind of have to vote for Democrats, because if Biden loses, the GOP is going to use the full power of the executive branch to do everything they can to kill LGBTQ+ people and other minorities. What's happening to Palestine sucks but I have to put my own safety first. hth

No? then take a loving seat, bc for decades I vbnmw to save Roe (it didn't), to pass the ERA (it didn't), for government-sponsored AIDS research (didn't happen till tens of thousands had already died), for campaign-finance reform (didn't happen, and btw when was the last time you heard the lib trope "overturn citizens united"?), for easing up on the drug war (lol), and for the protection of civil liberties (lolol).

hth!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

misread, nm

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Go off queen :golfclap:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Fleetwood posted:

would be funny if joe bumpred kamala off the ticket in favor of gretchen whitmer and it still doesn't work

Grand Rapids gonna have 2 presidential libraries

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Willa, you were around when Nixon was cooking, did people react to him like he was the Trump of his era or do things seem more hysterical nowadays?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Willa Rogers posted:

No? then take a loving seat, bc for decades I vbnmw to save Roe (it didn't), to pass the ERA (it didn't), for government-sponsored AIDS research (didn't happen till tens of thousands had already died), for campaign-finance reform (didn't happen, and btw when was the last time you heard the lib trope "overturn citizens united"?), for easing up on the drug war (lol), and for the protection of civil liberties (lolol).

hth!
If liberals ever wanted to know how the Holocaust happened, that post you quoted is how.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Willa, you were around when Nixon was cooking, did people react to him like he was the Trump of his era or do things seem more hysterical nowadays?

every republican president has been hitler 2 to libs, bc otherwise they'd have to make the positive argument for voting dems.

what's different with trump is the level of rhetoric, like OMG HE'S GOING TO ROUND US UP & PUT US IN CAMPS & GAS US TO DEATH although I see they're still using hoary favorites of yore like abortion via coat-hangers.

it's all the more bizarre bc trump was way less bad on stuff than reagan or either bush but I'm recalling that one survey in which more democrats said reagan was the best president of their lifetimes than said biden was, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

theCalamity posted:

If liberals ever wanted to know how the Holocaust happened, that post you quoted is how.

That post was the niemoller trope for the 21st century.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
This conversation is stupid. It is objectively true that voting for Democrats results in net less bad outcomes and net more good outcomes. When's the last time a Democrat started a war, or the last time a Democrat took healthcare away? You all make choices between imperfect solutions all the time in your everyday lives, but when it comes to politics and elections, that's different? Politics is a part of life, complete with all the poo poo choices that life entails. You think you can absolve yourselves of what's happening in the world because you claim that you aren't making a choice (you most certainly are)?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
wanting so badly to type "cool debate forum you got here," but i'll abstain

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
yo gently caress this
https://x.com/MLB/status/1718054706356854956?s=20

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

To be fair, very famous owner of the team, (also abused imminent domain hardcore to build their stadium, lol)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ex post facho posted:

When's the last time a Democrat started a war, or the last time a Democrat took healthcare away?

Obama and Biden respectively

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It is objectively true that cooperating with the good cop and not the bad cop results in net less bad outcomes

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the new rangers stadium is literally next door to the old one because they sold it to vince mcmahon for his horribly timed revival of the XFL right as covid made crowds a non starter even in texas

they definitely suck, but that was the funniest way that sale could have ended

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I do like how, as a 14/15 year old, whatever, I was bemoaning Bush's reelection with a prediction he would start 2 more wars, and the reality is the guy I enthusiastically voted for twice is the guy who started two wars.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Awful app needs to update so x, the everything app, posts show up

it did, the iOS version at least

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

ex post facho posted:

This conversation is stupid. It is objectively true that voting for Democrats results in net less bad outcomes and net more good outcomes. When's the last time a Democrat started a war, or the last time a Democrat took healthcare away? You all make choices between imperfect solutions all the time in your everyday lives, but when it comes to politics and elections, that's different? Politics is a part of life, complete with all the poo poo choices that life entails. You think you can absolve yourselves of what's happening in the world because you claim that you aren't making a choice (you most certainly are)?

joey ramoneishly: the ACA took my healthcare away, it took it away, away from me

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

I do like how, as a 14/15 year old, whatever, I was bemoaning Bush's reelection with a prediction he would start 2 more wars, and the reality is the guy I enthusiastically voted for twice is the guy who started two wars.

Just two? You should go check your math.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Honestly the Republican house speaker fiasco kinda paid off. They got what they wanted meanwhile the dems are stuck with useless piece of poo poo Jeffries

no u dont get it now everybody knows that republicans are a silly party that cant govern because everyones looking out for their own self interests and willing to invoke parliamentary procedures if they dont feel the status quo is serving their constituents its just further proof that the republicans are out to destroy our democracy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AaronJ574755700/status/1717988223652110840

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Don't they wanna be yiffed

Getting some mixed messages here

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

nichael must be stopped

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
haraam beyond belief fuckin heck mods please

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"trafficking" is good now!

New York City is intensifying efforts to transport migrants out of the city as its shelter system reaches capacity, setting up a dedicated office to provide asylum-seekers with free, one-way tickets to anywhere in the world.

City Hall confirmed the establishment of a new “reticketing center” in Manhattan as its latest bid to ease pressure on its shelters and finances following the arrival of more than 130,000 asylum-seekers since last year.

Mayor Eric Adams, a Democrat, has described the situation as a crisis and has begun to warn that shelters are so full that migrants will soon be forced onto the street as winter approaches.

“I cannot say this enough. You know, we are out of the room,” he told reporters this week. “And it’s not ‘if’ people will be sleeping on the streets, it’s when. We are at full capacity.”

The city’s plan to offer migrants transportation builds upon previous efforts to send the asylum-seekers elsewhere, though the establishment of the dedicated reticketing center marks a renewed emphasis on the strategy.

The city has stressed that the offer for travel is voluntary.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

i thought the furry community got rid of their nazis

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

“And it’s not ‘if’ people will be sleeping on the streets, it’s when. We are at full capacity.”

Coming from Adams this sounds like less of a warning and more of a hog call

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Perhaps quietly, but it is difficult to think of a less politically relevant group in the USA than voters who care a lot about Palestine. Meanwhile, there are a significant number of voters who otherwise may vote for Democrats who likely wouldn't if the Democratic party started opposing Israel right now. You can make the ethical and moral argument, but you can't really make an electoral argument for opposing Israel.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

but you can't really make an electoral argument for opposing Israel.
As a purely cynical exercise aren't there more Muslims in America than Israeli-Americans?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

As a purely cynical exercise aren't there more Muslims in America than Israeli-Americans?

voters dont matter as much as donors under their worldview

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Have any of these vbnmw peeps ever once expressed concern over the 80,000/year who die bc of health insurance, or any other group that they purport will be rounded up & killed if herr trumpf is reelected?

hth!

Someone needs to photoshop a ballot into that young lady's hand rather than that nasty gun which everyone knows never solves any political disputes

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ex post facho posted:

I'm convinced

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/legs_snail/status/1718080171910058039?t=SN1cc9ja_2zVq9bX4SS2VA&s=19

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol :cripes:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its just math

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Perhaps quietly, but it is difficult to think of a less politically relevant group in the USA than voters who care a lot about Palestine. Meanwhile, there are a significant number of voters who otherwise may vote for Democrats who likely wouldn't if the Democratic party started opposing Israel right now. You can make the ethical and moral argument, but you can't really make an electoral argument for opposing Israel.

If you think about it, if the electorate is split 50-50, you always stand to gain more votes by appealing to the whole 50 on the other side than any subset of your own group which by definition must be less than 50.

It's just M A T H

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Don't try to steal my phrase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Don't try to steal my phrase

i apologize mr yang