Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I think a lot of people are just trying to forget that fishing is a thing in the game.

I mean, I actually started playing because I read an article that mentioned how Cetus introduced fishing to Warframe, but I'm probably a tiny minority.

(and on a side note, Duviri fishing is poo poo and I am disappoint)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
personally i'm trying to forget that mobile defense exists and every single Deimos mission is just Mobile Defense in a scooby doo villain mask

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Prop Wash posted:

I don't know when they changed Deimos conservation but it also seems way easier now, like when you go into the tranq rifle scope it points you towards where the animals are. Pretty easy to just fly around with an archwing and conserve from the sky.

That was this patch too! Hunting is easy as hell now, you can fly around in your archwing and just scope in occasionally to have a nice big ui marker show you exactly where the nearby critters are, even if they're not in the scopes fov. Conservation is a legit way to earn rep now, I made like 5k in about ten minutes zipping around the plains

e: a little over 15 mins in orb vallis, with no bait or anything:

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 26, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is it easier to get the viral dog vulpa thing now? I watched a YouTube and decided it would be too hard for me to not aggro the dog while trying to train other mobs onto it

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is it easier to get the viral dog vulpa thing now? I watched a YouTube and decided it would be too hard for me to not aggro the dog while trying to train other mobs onto it

It is a hosed up fox; vulpaphyla is a stylization of Latin "vulpes phylum", or "fox family".

In game logic, hosed-up foxes get to equip mods for both space dogs and space cats.

edit: Also, there's a stance mod for rapier in the the game called Vulpine Mask, this is a reference to Zorro, who's name is Spanish for fox.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 26, 2023

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Should be easy enough now, though imo there are two better options now:

A hound with Synergized Prospectus, Manifold Bond, and optionally Momentous Bond. You build for viral heat/electric on its melee(The puncture+impact for crit and mercy kill utility, slash+puncture for damage and crit). A correctly built hound also has enough shield to have 100% upkeep of reinforced bond.

Diriga, if someone told me I'd be using this even a couple of months ago I'd ask what the hell they were smoking.
Basically same build as above, only diriga ability you want is Arc Coil, which will be constantly proccing the status from your weapon(I recommend vulklok so you can use tenacious bond) because it has an absurdly low cooldown of like 5 seconds or something meaning two kills refreshes it.
The nice thing about the diriga is also that you can load up on all the vigilante set mods so you don't have to run them on your rifle.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nalesh posted:

Should be easy enough now, though imo there are two better options now:

A hound with Synergized Prospectus, Manifold Bond, and optionally Momentous Bond. You build for viral heat/electric on its melee(The puncture+impact for crit and mercy kill utility, slash+puncture for damage and crit). A correctly built hound also has enough shield to have 100% upkeep of reinforced bond.

Diriga, if someone told me I'd be using this even a couple of months ago I'd ask what the hell they were smoking.
Basically same build as above, only diriga ability you want is Arc Coil, which will be constantly proccing the status from your weapon(I recommend vulklok so you can use tenacious bond) because it has an absurdly low cooldown of like 5 seconds or something meaning two kills refreshes it.
The nice thing about the diriga is also that you can load up on all the vigilante set mods so you don't have to run them on your rifle.

so the purpose of that build is to apply viral to everything?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mentioning puncture and cold reminds me, I wonder when they'll get to gas and blast which are the remaining bad damage types. Both have neutral at best damage modifiers against anything that actually matters, gas's effect doesn't scale well, and blast's status is pointless.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, take that back. weapons with blast ragdoll corpses.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hey, take that back. weapons with blast ragdoll corpses.

If you want to launch corpses, you want impact. They massively reduced the force applied on blast years ago, I feel like impact guns do more of it. I could be wrong, but I used to do a lot of blast on single-shot weapons and it doesn't seem like it was as good as it used to be.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so the purpose of that build is to apply viral to everything?

To apply a fuckload of status on.

My hound does Electric(comes with the ability, even triggers archon stretch) Viral, Heat, Slash, Puncture, and whatever others happen to come from momentous bond. And since it counts as damage from abilities, it now strips armor in a 9m radius every time it attacks something.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nalesh posted:

To apply a fuckload of status on.

My hound does Electric(comes with the ability, even triggers archon stretch) Viral, Heat, Slash, Puncture, and whatever others happen to come from momentous bond. And since it counts as damage from abilities, it now strips armor in a 9m radius every time it attacks something.

That is wild. Is momentous bond a new mod?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah the bond mods are new, came with pet rework, and the viable variety is now, uh, pretty good.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

That is wild. Is momentous bond a new mod?

Yeah, manifold bond causes companion abilities to apply status from its weapon and every time you or the companion kills an enemy with 3 or more status effects on it all its ability cooldowns gets lowered by 3 sec, while manifold bond gives it basically a random 120% elemental mod for 30 seconds every time you kill an eximus.

It's such a pain cause I can't choose which I want to use as my main lmao.

Dethcubes still great for energy
Diriga's great for the above reasons
Hounds the same with the added permanent 60% fire rate boost if you can deal with pet ai derpiness
Wyrm gives you a permanent 60% fire rate boost and a +1.2 crit mult if you put the vulklok on it too while making you basically status immune.
Nautilus just constantly pulls enemies towards you, grouping them for easy priming with the helstrum

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 26, 2023

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Echophonic posted:

If you want to launch corpses, you want impact. They massively reduced the force applied on blast years ago, I feel like impact guns do more of it. I could be wrong, but I used to do a lot of blast on single-shot weapons and it doesn't seem like it was as good as it used to be.

Yeah, my Tombfinger primary kitgun doesn't have any blast in it's current config, but a big Impact AOE is enough to send guys flying

I probably flung a lot of corpus past escape velocity in the Vallis

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I mean, I get why they did it. With the right stat-stick, you could use Gara's 1 to launch a corpse from one edge of the Plains to another. But that was some of the most fun I've ever had playing Waframe, so...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Mother has endless missions that give a rep ramp the longer you go

Wait what? poo poo, I've been ignoring Granny tokens for years because they sucked poo poo to get. This might actually allow progress on that.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

(and on a side note, Duviri fishing is poo poo and I am disappoint)

Duviri has fishing?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Devstream on rn, twitch drop is a built forma

Also Rebecca is in costume as [DE] Steve which is pretty cute. He was promoted to ceo of DE earlier this week!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

hazardousmouse posted:

Wait what? poo poo, I've been ignoring Granny tokens for years because they sucked poo poo to get. This might actually allow progress on that.

The highest level non-SP bounty gives like 100-150 mother tokens or something crazy.

Not sure what the endless mission rewards are like. Would be interested in hearing if it's faster than just running the high level bounty.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Rebb dropped a paid story skip, and chat rebelled.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Anora posted:

Rebb dropped a paid story skip, and chat rebelled.
Lol yeah she pretty much instantly walked it back and said she'd be looking at feedback about it. They're right that there already are kinda paid story skips in game with railjacks and necramechs though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I think if anything dropping the MR 24 hour lock out for failing would push things ahead for new players, at least up until MR 15 or 20, and maybe add like 5 extra Warframe slots and 10 extra weapon slots for new players.

Like I'm not 100% against a story skip, but the problem is you're losing out on the most important bit of the story which is knowledge of the game, or at least hitting a wall and having to look up stuff to find out why slotting +reload speed and magazine capacity is loving your damage up.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

hazardousmouse posted:

Duviri has fishing?

There's that minigame where you drive a robot-eel and have to catch as many fishes as possible in a limited time. It's easy decrees when you need some, but as far as fishing is concerned, it sucks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The real Steve would've spent 15 minutes talking about the fog. Reb needs to work on her impersonation.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anora posted:

I think if anything dropping the MR 24 hour lock out for failing would push things ahead for new players, at least up until MR 15 or 20, and maybe add like 5 extra Warframe slots and 10 extra weapon slots for new players.

Like I'm not 100% against a story skip, but the problem is you're losing out on the most important bit of the story which is knowledge of the game, or at least hitting a wall and having to look up stuff to find out why slotting +reload speed and magazine capacity is loving your damage up.

I don't know what quests you did but I can't recall a single one of them ever telling me how to mod weapons. You've always had to pick that stuff up from other players or the wiki, and you'll hit the same wall regardless. The quests didn't do anything in that respect because most of them were tuned pretty far down in terms of build requirements.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's still funny to me that a year or so ago they revamped the new player experience with a whole new starting map, no one had ever complained about the starting map, however many people had complained about new player having no mods to work with and no introduction to modding at all, and how maybe, perhaps, possibly, one could find a use for a tutorial modding button in the modding screen telling people the basics such as aiming for multiplicative effects and playing to strengths rather than shoring up defects. And also a mail with actual mods so that they would have to spend ten hours before they'd get their first +base damage mod.

You know, making the game take the place of the player's first hour in a clan in which someone tries to compress five years of knowledge in a thousand characters and leaves a few critical pieces out because it's second nature to them now.

But the new map is neat, although I wish I could play the old tutorial again, I'm a sucker for lush greenery.

Also it is something that they are removing the old renderer on PC, the new one has horrible chugs in the grineer forest tileset, more than usual actually, while the previous one was smooth as butter.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Prop Wash posted:

I don't know what quests you did but I can't recall a single one of them ever telling me how to mod weapons. You've always had to pick that stuff up from other players or the wiki, and you'll hit the same wall regardless. The quests didn't do anything in that respect because most of them were tuned pretty far down in terms of build requirements.

I mean if you skip story you're going to miss that wall that is Saturn or Jupiter that makes you go "oh gently caress why is my MK-1 Bo not doing any damage? Oh I need to but pressure point on it."

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SIGSEGV posted:

Also it is something that they are removing the old renderer on PC, the new one has horrible chugs in the grineer forest tileset, more than usual actually, while the previous one was smooth as butter.

It's ancient and long overdue to be dropped, even the switch uses the enhanced renderer these days.

I have a 2015 vintage laptop that still runs the game fine (on lower settings and the dx11 render path, which isn't going away afaik) with what is essentially a 750ti for the video card, so I have to wonder what's going on for you.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I have no idea I can run a lot of other stuff without struggle and every other part of the game works fine, there's just a big slideshow for 30 seconds at the start of any duviri or earth forest mission.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anora posted:

I mean if you skip story you're going to miss that wall that is Saturn or Jupiter that makes you go "oh gently caress why is my MK-1 Bo not doing any damage? Oh I need to but pressure point on it."

They're not going to wonder why their MK-1 Bo isn't doing any damage because DE changed the MK-1 weapons to normal weapons and removed broken mods in order to streamline the new player experience. Just one of many small changes they've done in parallel with this much larger change of story skip, which is explicitly intended only for those players who really want to immediately catch up to where their friends are so they don't get told "ok well do 40 hours of quests and then let us know once you're done so we can actually party up."

But it's funny you should mention that because Pressure Point isn't a component of a lot of modern melee configs. +Damage isn't the slam dunk pick it used to be!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what melee builds do you have with no base damage at all? if you arent using pressure point you are using condition overload which is just more base damage.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
These are still up!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Awesome! posted:

what melee builds do you have with no base damage at all? if you arent using pressure point you are using condition overload which is just more base damage.

Maybe they conflated them with guns, where you do in fact have several arcanes you can use to free up that slot.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Prop Wash posted:

They're not going to wonder why their MK-1 Bo isn't doing any damage because DE changed the MK-1 weapons to normal weapons and removed broken mods in order to streamline the new player experience. Just one of many small changes they've done in parallel with this much larger change of story skip, which is explicitly intended only for those players who really want to immediately catch up to where their friends are so they don't get told "ok well do 40 hours of quests and then let us know once you're done so we can actually party up."

But it's funny you should mention that because Pressure Point isn't a component of a lot of modern melee configs. +Damage isn't the slam dunk pick it used to be!

mate, you're taking things way to literally in my post.

Most of the MR 1-5 guns aren't going to put out the damage you need for later missions, especially when your mods aren't up to snuff.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Whelp, diving back in after a few years off, figured I should just go through the quest lines till I work out whats actually happening. Is getting the K-Drive and doing the vent kids stuff worth it?

Im MR 15, and levelling Mesa Prime apparently.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

NPR Journalizard posted:

Whelp, diving back in after a few years off, figured I should just go through the quest lines till I work out whats actually happening. Is getting the K-Drive and doing the vent kids stuff worth it?

If you mean get one past the free one from fortuna intro. Then no it's not really needed for anything unless you want to make and mod a board if you really like riding it.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anora posted:

mate, you're taking things way to literally in my post.

Most of the MR 1-5 guns aren't going to put out the damage you need for later missions, especially when your mods aren't up to snuff.

You're not wrong about that, mostly, but all that stuff is tradeable. We're talking about a method by which you can spend platinum to jump ahead significantly, so it stands to reason there would also be platinum available to buy prime weapons, frames and mods (many of which are extremely cheap these days). Also, the explicit use case for this method is for people to catch up with their friends, so presumably their friends have a few sets and mods to contribute. The goon clan hands out a "starter pack" of mods that are generally beyond the reach of most newbies so basically we already do what you're describing.

If anything the thing they need to figure out is how to handle MR gating when someone's getting jumped ahead. I'd appreciate if they'd handle that by removing MR gating entirely because it's a silly outdated mechanic, but we'll see what they do.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

there's a quest for a warframe that requires doing k-drive stuff. k-drives also provide mastery, if that's something you care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The execution of the Waverider quest loving sucks.
I don't even mind the K-Drive challenges but why the gently caress are you forcing 12 loading screens, minimum, into a quest with absolute minimum amount of content?!