Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

malder posted:

Why are serious media still on that nazi app? I cannot understand why you want to connect your brand in any way with that trash fire.
inertia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah its really not that difficult to understand if youre cynical enough

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I suspect legacy media would abandon Twitter, er, X if some new media became enduringly trendy enough

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kazil posted:

this will turn the ship around

If there's one thing advertisers love, it's sites voluntarily giving their users a way to avoid seeing ads, especially if they loudly advertise this option and double especially if the sites charge for it and don't give the advertisers a large cut

Surely this will in no way backfire on him and further alienate important advertisers

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
posting on the hacker page

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Winkle-Daddy posted:

rip joybubbles

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

I suspect legacy media would abandon Twitter, er, X if some new media became enduringly trendy enough

There's still a lot on inertia behind twitter, with many journalist still posting to it, mostly I think as at the moment there still doesn't seem to be any clear alternative (a few alternatives are starting to get more popular but I don't think any of them are larger than niche use numbers yet). But yeah you go to any news related D&D thread and a lot of posts will have related tweets from journalists in them.

With the pay to read thing coming though, I think that will be the final blow for it, as one of the reasons tweeter got so popular as it was just really easy to share and embed tweets. Once that stops than it becomes useless.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

...! posted:

If there's one thing advertisers love, it's sites voluntarily giving their users a way to avoid seeing ads, especially if they loudly advertise this option and double especially if the sites charge for it and don't give the advertisers a large cut

Surely this will in no way backfire on him and further alienate important advertisers

YouTube, I have a YouTube Premium subscription and honestly don't mind paying for it, there are like two dozen accounts that I regularly watch that really do produce quality content that I am interest in, I don't mind compensating them for it.

Also I don't think advertisers really care anyways, they pay by impression, so they aren't really losing anything if their ad isn't served. Although I absolutely would not trust that X is correctly reporting impressions.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so what happen to the 1$/year thing. old ket brain is now floating a price thats two orders of magnitude higher.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Still loving lolling a week later Musk posting out about New Vegas' 'Hegelian dialectic' relationship as if he had any loving idea the significance of what he said. He's crafted himself as the idiot's idea of a wise man.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Full Mask Off Elon has been pretty wild I have to say. I didn't think he'd completely and utterly lose his poo poo like this in front of the whole world. Just sort of like stumble and bumble like he mostly has with twitter, but like at least keep the mask on and some degree of separation from the full blown ultra-MAGA far right racist crowd so that he didn't alienate everyone in the world besides the MAGA crowd. Even Tesla Investors seem tired of the guy after the Tesla earning call and unless there's some turnaround with reputation AND money at stake I can't see any logical reason to take the plunge off the cliff with Elon. How many key Tesla investors are ultra-MAGA versus just trying to make money off of their investment even? Like it seems to me Elon now prioritizes being a far right shithead over doing the things that make the money's for his companies.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It sounds like it's only ad-free in the main timeline, like individual posts and profiles will still be littered with ads for garbage products

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk faker gamer poo poo is so cringe. christ imagine the brainworms that this is the persona that you will put on as a billionaire nepo baby failkid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rip kevekev shot to death stealing a modem out of an ATM.

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

David Roth's articles are always incredible. Well, I don't follow #sports so I'm not sure about those but he started delving into politics and wrote some of the best drat articles during the Trump admin and beyond.

He also wrote the Stephen a Smith pf Chang tweet

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Yes, please post to the group with barely over 5000 people.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

did the sequel to this drop yet?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Just make their account automatically post to the group. It's your website you can do what you want.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elon should steal the @Diablo handle

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shyduck posted:

Elon should steal the @Diablo handle

did Lowtax ever steal accounts?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Kale posted:

Full Mask Off Elon has been pretty wild I have to say. I didn't think he'd completely and utterly lose his poo poo like this in front of the whole world.

the whole world still thinks he's the real life tony stark, because they're not terminally online like we are. sorry, i didn't want to be the one to tell you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The whole world doesn’t think about Musk. Maybe they know him vaguely as the car guy

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Foo Diddley posted:

the whole world still thinks he's the real life tony stark, because they're not terminally online like we are. sorry, i didn't want to be the one to tell you

sounds like the world is right and we are just a bunch of jealous haters

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Three Olives posted:

Imagine not realizing this is a complete scam. Like, I don't even care if you actually genuinely like the MLM makeup, which might actually be good eye shadow, this is a scam...

edit:

$100 less a month "After Probable Savings", rolling 27% of the car's cost into a feature that literally doesn't exist and may never exist upfront.

Look, I am sure The Pampered Chef makes very decent pans, but a scam is a scam. If you buy a Tesla, you are a sucker, paying for FSD or not.

From a few days ago but lol that this isn't even a real picture of a car it's just cgi bullshit with a $55k price tag

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

"you will likely save $100/month on your fake car"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Begging on his knees, LIKE A DOG

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

From a few days ago but lol that this isn't even a real picture of a car it's just cgi bullshit with a $55k price tag

car citizen

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

lmao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not paying $350/mo on a car that might decide I'm too black for my own good.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

fuckin lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:yarg:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Gotta hand it to AI just this once, because I have never seen a more accurate visualisation of how dreams look.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

hello AI let's make a video of carving pumpkins with grandpa but make it extra badass

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Parkingtigers posted:

Gotta hand it to AI just this once, because I have never seen a more accurate visualisation of how dreams look.

AI video looks that way right now. They are both correct and wrong all at the same time and I find them fascinating. In a year or so, AI video will be boring, mundane and everything will look normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrg4t3_PdLM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wiJMKI6G-I

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

What if they made a movie of Blood Music, but with pizza?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Winkle-Daddy posted:

At least Elon isn't savvy enough to ruin this number as well

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
the atari 2600 was fuckin poo poo, even when it was brand new and i was a stupid little kid who didn't know any better

everybody got something to say about ET, but it was every fuckin game on that piece of poo poo, they all sucked out loud

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Foo Diddley posted:

the atari 2600 was fuckin poo poo, even when it was brand new and i was a stupid little kid who didn't know any better

everybody got something to say about ET, but it was every fuckin game on that piece of poo poo, they all sucked out loud

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
okay, FINE, i guess river raid was okay