Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
you have uhhhhhhhhhh stomach problems, sometimes there is uhhhhhhhh blood in your stool from alcoholic imbibing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Zoben posted:

ALRIGHT PAL! DO WHATCHA DO BEST! So he grabs her stereo and jumps out the window

I am embarrassed to admit this joke genuinely does make me laugh.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 26, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They just removed the Riley Thanksgiving special right as we are entering the season and I am mad. Beyond his terrible instructions for making a Thanksgiving meal, you get a ton of completely drunken rants about how not enough people believe his poo poo

"You are all walking around, breathing the air, and thinking 'oh this is all neato' and what have you, but it's not... puuuuuuure.... oxygenated."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lifespan posted:

They just removed the Riley Thanksgiving special right as we are entering the season and I am mad. Beyond his terrible instructions for making a Thanksgiving meal, you get a ton of completely drunken rants about how not enough people believe his poo poo

"You are all walking around, breathing the air, and thinking 'oh this is all neato' and what have you, but it's not... puuuuuuure.... oxygenated."

I wonder if Tim Sabean still has nightmares about Riley's contract negotiations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Former Human posted:

I actually got a little sad when Jackie was interviewed on the show years after he quit and he explained that he lost half his worth in the stock market (guessing this was around 2008?) and then Nancy divorced him and took half of what was left. So not only was Jackie not getting steady income from the Stern show anymore but he lost 75% of his money in the span of a year or two.

Didn't Nancy divorce him within months of him leaving the show? And wasn't she a huge influence on him fighting for more money and not accepting Tom's offer? Whoops.

Howard could not have been more accurate about Nancy and Jackie's delusions.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kylej posted:

Didn't Nancy divorce him within months of him leaving the show? And wasn't she a huge influence on him fighting for more money and not accepting Tom's offer? Whoops.

Yeah pretty much but Jackie claims the marriage was over long before then. I wonder if Nancy brought recordings of all the times Jackie praised her and talked about how she was responsible for all her success to the divorce hearings lol.

Such as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy6Uoo91IMU

quote:

Howard obviously has his own psychotic issues with women but yeah, Nancy claiming she worked 18 hours a day doing the graphics for Jackie's stupid merchandise catalogue was a real eye-roller. She wouldn't even admit that her entire "business" revolved around Jackie, she had literally no other clients.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 26, 2023

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I always wonder how people like Nancy live. I'm far from a hard charging blowhard type that wants to work 100 hours a week, but like, ultimately there is some sense of satisfaction of going to work, earning a living, being able to afford trips or whatever. I can't imagine spending all of the 1990s just sort of sitting at home staring at the wall and occasionally making lovely songs like Nancy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kylej posted:

I always wonder how people like Nancy live. I'm far from a hard charging blowhard type that wants to work 100 hours a week, but like, ultimately there is some sense of satisfaction of going to work, earning a living, being able to afford trips or whatever. I can't imagine spending all of the 1990s just sort of sitting at home staring at the wall and occasionally making lovely songs like Nancy.

She really seemed to think her music career was about to take off at any given second. I mean, she was doing open mic nights well into her 40s/50s which is uh, not a good sign.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

kylej posted:

Nancy ran Jackie’s mail order business. She made the catalog and designed things like his CD album art, etc. They started multiple companies to do this. She claimed she worked 18 hours a day.

Howard made fun of her claims of working hard to no end.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Two Kings posted:

Nancy ran Jackie’s mail order business. She made the catalog and designed things like his CD album art, etc. They started multiple companies to do this. She claimed she worked 18 hours a day.

Howard made fun of her claims of working hard to no end.

Don't forget she was also a manager at a print shop in her 20s! I'm surprised Microsoft or Google hasn't come around asking Nancy to be their next CEO.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
what was the name of her stupid band again? the scoobeez or some poo poo?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

the scoldees. Formerly Big Orange Marble.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Google says Jackie got divorced in 2008. Good lord if the had to liquidate his stocks to split it after the crash.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Google says Jackie got divorced in 2008. Good lord if the had to liquidate his stocks to split it after the crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-I68izfhLM

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The Howard Stern Show's Robin Quivers on Living with Endometrial Cancer for Over a Decade: 'I'm Still Here' (Exclusive)

https://people.com/robin-quivers-howard-stern-endometrial-cancer-exclusive-8382934

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

So she still has cancer but with modern treatments is able to keep it in check. We didn't know any of this right?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Not explicitly, no. Howard has made comments about Robin's health or told her to stop traveling (she didn't go to Ronnie's wedding) but nothing about her still having cancer. That must explain why she doesn't do the news anymore.

Also, I think she looks good bald and actually better than her weird orange wig.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So ayahuasca and green drink and shoving coffee up her rear end didn't cure her cancer?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

“Inappropriate Jackie laugh”

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

So ayahuasca and green drink and shoving coffee up her rear end didn't cure her cancer?

Berry drink

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

It did! Her current cancer stems from wearing a bead behind her ear.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ophelia

Hey let's post Robin songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BWe87iBeo8

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

https://youtu.be/swnJRAQ7u8E?si=fd744jsaLD4Uw-X0

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My faaaaaahhhvoorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9n9a7QROU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

800 dollar wine, Robin’s so ruuuuude,
Vegan, colonics, blah blah,
Hey Robin gently caress Yoooooo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

Ophelia

Hey let's post Robin songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BWe87iBeo8

God, that video thumbnail is Robin at her hottest :swoon:

I think she's always been hot, but she was like... Insanely hot there.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Oh my God I had no idea this was a thing. Fuckin' :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4csPMbp0u5w

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Former Human posted:

Not explicitly, no. Howard has made comments about Robin's health or told her to stop traveling (she didn't go to Ronnie's wedding) but nothing about her still having cancer. That must explain why she doesn't do the news anymore.

Also, I think she looks good bald and actually better than her weird orange wig.

She doesn't do the news anymore? I figured that was the only good part of the show left.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm at a informal dinner party. Hall and Oats is playing on the Alexa speakers, I've had two whiskey sours, and all it is all I can do not belt out

"AAAAAHHHHH IIIIIIIIII. I'LL DO ANYTHING........TO SEE ROBIN'S BOOOOOOOBIESSSSSS"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who did Ronnie marry ??

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

Who did Ronnie marry ??

Some girl with severe daddy issues.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did he marry the vet tech ?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was just going to send Matthew Perry a note, Robin. I always loved those NBC sitcoms

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Looks like more than his love life is DOA

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Could that news BE anymore depressing?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was just about to write matthew perry's jacuzzi a recipe, robin.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

euphronius posted:

Did he marry the vet tech ?

Yes and her father is younger than him. I know Howard has been very vocal that Beth should never be in a relationship again once he dies, but have they gotten Ronnie to admit to anything? Because statistically she will be in her early 50s when he dies... Narcissism is a hell of a drug.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real briefly?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

kolby posted:

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real briefly?

Very topical av btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Very topical av btw.

The world lost a comedy legend, the inventor of sarcasm. RIP matty, I didn't even know you were sick.