Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
People metabolize caffeine differently too. Not saying chugging the death lemonade is a good idea though.

https://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/pharmrev/70/2/384.full.pdf

https://www.newsweek.com/caffeine-metabolism-coffee-drinking-sleep-1834106

Bad snipe e: https://imgur.io/gallery/6cWWJjS

Schades on people who don’t like pigeons.

Ghost Cactus has a new favorite as of 15:28 on Oct 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I aint fraid of no lemy nayd

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

that panera bread thing is :stare: but do not sleep on this lmao

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

As little as 3g can kill you. But some people can take as much as 10g.

I chugged an entire, room temperature, gallon of Dunkin Donuts coffee one time, which seems to be about 1,500mg.

I did not feel well for several hours after.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Ghost Cactus posted:

Only bad people don't like pigeons

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I feel that may not be entirely because of the coffeine

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
How do you know how much caffeine that pigeon had?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

A lot of people in here that didn’t hear about that caffeine study mistake a few years ago where students were accidentally given thirty grams of pure caffeine by accident. Thirty goddamn cockshitting grams of caffeine at once. Over a solid ounce of dry, bitter, pure caffeine. Thirty-thousand-loving-milligrams.

The students had to be hospitalized, but they lived.

https://apnews.com/article/78d39545066c47cd9b67645d73d0a448

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

first they took our four loko and now they're gonna take our death lemonade, what happened to this country

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ror posted:

what happened to this country time

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

BlackIronHeart posted:

That is loving mind boggling. For reference, I've worked the night shift for over 15 years now and I used to drink two cans of Monster on the average day. I'm a big dude and I'd sometimes get the tinglies because two 16 oz. cans of Monster is 320mg of caffeine. The thought of downing 1000mg+ over a single day is just... WOW.

When I was in college, I stayed up all night studying for a final and was dead tired. I drank a 24oz cappuccino from a gas station and took several no doz pills. I was sweating profusely, had racing thoughts, couldn't stop tapping my feets and hands, and just felt like I was going to explode. Estimated it was about 1000-1500 mg, and it was a horrible feeling. I can't imagine doing that every day.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ror posted:

first they took our four loko and now they're gonna take our death lemonade, what happened to this country

Can't believe I've gone at least a year without thinking about Four Loko. RIP to a real one

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Ror posted:

Sparks paved the way and now nobody remembers them. :mad:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

New Stair Dismount demo lookin' good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6F6q0l_zVs

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ghost Cactus posted:

People metabolize caffeine differently too. Not saying chugging the death lemonade is a good idea though.

https://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/pharmrev/70/2/384.full.pdf

https://www.newsweek.com/caffeine-metabolism-coffee-drinking-sleep-1834106

I work in a research compliance office in the US and I'm just thinking about exactly what we would do if this happened at my place. Lol, and further lmao.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

luchadornado posted:

When I was in college, I stayed up all night studying for a final and was dead tired. I drank a 24oz cappuccino from a gas station and took several no doz pills. I was sweating profusely, had racing thoughts, couldn't stop tapping my feets and hands, and just felt like I was going to explode. Estimated it was about 1000-1500 mg, and it was a horrible feeling. I can't imagine doing that every day.

I used to hate coffee until I worked at my friend's coffee shop for a bit as a barista and acquired the taste for it.

His rule was if I hosed up the pour on a latte or cappuccino someone had to drink it so it didn't go to waste - he wasn't totally serious but I took it to heart as I hate food waste in general. One morning I messed up a few so ended up drinking like 4 or 5 coffees in a couple hours and learned the hard way about having too much caffeine in the system

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

just a regular Redneck Katyusha

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

AvesPKS posted:

Caffeine! Taurine! Anddddd alcohollllllll!!!!!

Never forget

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Nenonen posted:

its beautiful. score one point for the internet.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
No love for the OG, Jolt? What's wrong with you nerds

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I feel like there's a lot being said about the caffeine and not as much about the poor financial decisions of buying 4-5 lemonade drinks a day lol. I wish I had that kind of disposable income

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Nenonen posted:

Stair dismount and truck dismount were such good games

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

holtemon posted:

I feel like there's a lot being said about the caffeine and not as much about the poor financial decisions of buying 4-5 lemonade drinks a day lol. I wish I had that kind of disposable income

Doesn't she say there's a free refill?

So she's probably only getting one or possibly only 2-3 if the refills are limited per drink.

Still Insane but probably not that expensive.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

holtemon posted:

I somehow managed to watch enough of the video to hear the bit that she gets free refills. She's one of those 'takes her laptop to a business and sits in the corner for 6 hours having paid for one thing' types, to add to the rest of her absolutely insufferable disposition

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Butterfly Valley posted:

I somehow managed to watch enough of the video to hear the bit that she gets free refills. She's one of those 'takes her laptop to a business and sits in the corner for 6 hours having paid for one thing' types, to add to the rest of her absolutely insufferable disposition

It's pretty funny that she was thinking 'wow, I get so energized when I go do my work at Panera' before realizing that it was her massive caffeine habit

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Well poo poo. Schad on me for just reading the headline lol

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

Back in high school, my buddies and I somehow found out that one gas station in a town 45 minutes away carried Jolt so four of us took a trip and bought like eight bottles each. Everyone was buzzed as poo poo on the way home just from one bottle.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

It sounds quite cost effective for how much work she's apparently getting done.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

BlackIronHeart posted:

That is loving mind boggling. For reference, I've worked the night shift for over 15 years now and I used to drink two cans of Monster on the average day. I'm a big dude and I'd sometimes get the tinglies because two 16 oz. cans of Monster is 320mg of caffeine. The thought of downing 1000mg+ over a single day is just... WOW.

No idea exactly how much it was but in high school before I got tested/treated for ADHD, I could legit drink an entire pot of coffee & be asleep like an hour later. I'd get a little boost from it but it was short-lived & I never could figure out why so many other people could have like 2-3 cups & be good for the day. Glad I got that poo poo sorted out before my heart exploded or something, the crash/headache after was definitely NOT worth it.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

BOOTY-ADE posted:

No idea exactly how much it was but in high school before I got tested/treated for ADHD, I could legit drink an entire pot of coffee & be asleep like an hour later. I'd get a little boost from it but it was short-lived & I never could figure out why so many other people could have like 2-3 cups & be good for the day. Glad I got that poo poo sorted out before my heart exploded or something, the crash/headache after was definitely NOT worth it.

This is my reaction to caffeine, a little puts me to sleep, a lot gives me the shits.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

AvesPKS posted:

I think these things might be related somehow

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

AvesPKS posted:

Pepperidge Farms remembers, and so do I.

Buying one warm from the bodega along with a styrofoam cup of ice from the Good Humor chest freezer at the front and then sitting in the park staining literally everything orange

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

AvesPKS posted:

???????????????

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

Like it's successor Four Loko, Sparks was alcoholic

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soul Dentist posted:

Like it's successor Four Loko, Sparks was alcoholic

I my local gas station a tall can of Sparks was also cheaper than a can of Monster.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I only had four loko once but it was a memorable occasions. That is to say, I remember almost nothing from the night except what I've been told by my friends later. Highlights included passing out on the hood of a cop car outside a country bar in Orlando, and attempting to fight a man who interrupted me tying my shoe laces (my shoes didn't have laces).

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Air Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/ostonox/status/1717592054417563829?s=20

You do sorta have to wait for the end, but I'm not gonna blame anyone who listens to like 5 seconds of this woman and stops.
Lady was drinking way more caffeine than she thought she was

That poo poo has more caffeine in it than iBrawndo! I had a case of it and I would struggle to drink a 16 oz can because my heart would start to hurt before I finished it.

Here are some of the ingredients in a single can. Lemon Lime, 200mg caffeine, Taurine, Inositol, amd Guarana. Its hard to find more about the ingredients since the website to buy it is down and I had to throw away the couple cans I had left because they exploded from old age.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Butterfly Valley posted:

She's one of those 'takes her laptop to a business and sits in the corner for 6 hours having paid for one thing' types, to add to the rest of her absolutely insufferable disposition

She’s an American hero for forcibly occupying a table in that wretched den all day.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I remember one time facing a 7 hour drive late at night and bought a pack of trucker speed. Yellowjackets or something. I took one, waited a half hour, was still tired, so I took another one and...holy poo poo. Even by the time I got home at like 5am, I was unable to sleep and felt disgusting. Wound up calling out sick from work even though I wasn't scheduled to start my shift until 3pm. It was miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

GotLag posted:

Only bad people don't like pigeons

Pigeons rule & anyone who doesn't like them, raccoons, opossums, squirrels, or...hell, ANY wildlife is not to be trusted :colbert: