Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Zwabu posted:

Oh no, is the Vivek moment already over?

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/nikki-haley-rises-second-pair-early-state-gop-polls-rcna118886

Definitely suggestive of an effort by the NoTrumps vote to coalesce around Haley. More notable than Vivek fading away (which was entirely predictable) is Haley shooting past DeSantis.

How deep is his appetite for humiliation?

If Vivek had sent me 2 mailers a week for the last 3 months like Haley did then maybe he would be doing better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011

daslog posted:

If Vivek had sent me 2 mailers a week for the last 3 months like Haley did then maybe he would be doing better?

If he actually spent money he wouldn’t be able to grift.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

daslog posted:

Just one today. I'm starting to lose track of how many of these I'm getting.

Personally I find the complete lack of party affiliation telling.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Skex posted:

Doug Burgum was in the last debate. If you type in his name in google it suggests you want "Doug Burgum Gift Card". He got into the debate by mailing out $20 gift cards to people, apparently.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ha, they screwed up their little icons. They repeated the balance one so the cutting tape one isn’t on “slashed red tape.”

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Crazyweasel posted:

I live in a purple state and in 2022 I honestly thought I might be having a “Big Short” moment because there were so.many.republican.signs for the MAGA candidates that won the primaries. I was like “this is not good for our Dems” and then the polls started showing coin-flip chances and I got worried.

And then, the Republicans got loving spanked by double digits. It was incredible. And so what I learned was (a) polls are trash still and (b) it’s easy to be convinced that the louder party is the majority. And these loving people don’t know how to be anything but loud.

I’m not saying there isn’t work to do to make sure Biden wins in ‘24, but you have to think about how many people actually think life would improve under a Trump admin, when we all know inflation is baked into the economy no matter who wins, and then vote that way. The old R’s have it right, generic Republican would probably smash Biden to bits…too bad they have an albatross in Trump….

I live in a purple state and the situation was much bleaker in 2022.

NC is a poster child for what America will look like if Republicans ever get enough power. Dems have completely failed to consolidate a state that has more favorable demographics than GA, and they fail hard at motivating turnout.

When your supporters lose rights and have their quality of life reduced your message can't be "well, it's the supreme court. or it's gerrymandering. we can't do anything for the next 50 years. Vote for us to keep it from getting worse". Your voters will give up unless you provide a clear roadmap to getting those things back and a clear set of things they can expect when they get there. You have to indicate a willingness to fight and be as ruthless as Republicans are.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

smackfu posted:

Ha, they screwed up their little icons. They repeated the balance one so the cutting tape one isn’t on “slashed red tape.”

Balanced red tape

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Was on a business trip for a few days and came back to this one from Vivek. At first glance, I thought it was an ad for a comedian.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

daslog posted:

Was on a business trip for a few days and came back to this one from Vivek. At first glance, I thought it was an ad for a comedian.

The son of immigrants and a successful CEO, some sort of hosed up 'indecent proposal' type parenting.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

daslog posted:

It kinda is.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bodyholes posted:

When your supporters lose rights and have their quality of life reduced your message can't be "well, it's the supreme court. or it's gerrymandering. we can't do anything for the next 50 years. Vote for us to keep it from getting worse". Your voters will give up unless you provide a clear roadmap to getting those things back and a clear set of things they can expect when they get there.

I do not think the average voter is even remotely that sophisticated and discerning.

quote:

You have to indicate a willingness to fight and be as ruthless as Republicans are.

This is closer to it. Voting is about vibes and tummyfeels.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is Doug Burgum the only candidate mailing out fliers that don't, at first glance, look like attack fliers on themselves? The apex of my graphic design skills is realizing font should contrast with the background to be legible, and I'm honestly baffled how anything other than cosplay-cowboy managed to even make it to the printer.

Maybe they've all been so caught up in attack mailers sine the 90s that they've honestly forgotten how to choose candidate photos, fonts, and layouts that don't look scary/off-putting.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 13, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Maybe the graphics team are underpaid but locked into the contract?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think it's more that we don't want our politicians to be friendly anymore, we want them to destroy our enemies.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Clarste posted:

I think it's more that we don't want our politicians to be friendly anymore, we want them to destroy our enemies.

Trump did very well bringing in new voters to the GOP who believed that he hated who they did.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Skex posted:

Are they aware that Pelosi is not in fact house minority leader or just dont care cause its a face Chuds know to hate and they probably wouldn't even recognize Jeffries or Schumer?

Zwabu posted:

Oh no, is the Vivek moment already over?

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/nikki-haley-rises-second-pair-early-state-gop-polls-rcna118886

Definitely suggestive of an effort by the NoTrumps vote to coalesce around Haley. More notable than Vivek fading away (which was entirely predictable) is Haley shooting past DeSantis.

How deep is his appetite for humiliation?

Feels like he had some momentum for distant second until Elon endorsed him

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
New Mailer came in. This time it's for Chris Christie.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Apparently the event is cancelled already.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/event-cancelled-tell-it-like-it-is-pac-town-hall-tickets-733527479437?aff=oddtdtcreator

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Trump really looking rough in the last few speeches, all sweaty amd slurring words. I'm starting to think that all the stress and pressure of his trials is going to lead to the other candidates getting their fondest wish.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

daslog posted:

New Mailer came in. This time it's for Chris Christie.

Large man points at things :nyd:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Saw a recent Vivek interview. He is quite obviously trying to tone down the obnoxiousness and literally turn down the volume of his speaking, but I think it's way too late, his five minute fame bubble has clearly popped.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It really sucks being in the Boston market during primary season, because since the entirety of New Hampshire lives on the border to mass and just leaches off the boston market we get inundated with New hampshire primary ads.

So while watching football today first I got 3 separate commercials in the Haley - DeSantis fight.

Nikki Haley is actually weak on China, she gave some company land 5 miles away from an army base

Ron DeSantis is a sad crying baby. he doesn't want to protect america, unlike Nikki who will defeat China.

Nikki Haley wants to weaken the border so Hamas can infiltrate with a million MS-13 super soldiers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

It really sucks being in the Boston market during primary season, because since the entirety of New Hampshire lives on the border to mass and just leaches off the boston market we get inundated with New hampshire primary ads.

So while watching football today first I got 3 separate commercials in the Haley - DeSantis fight.

Nikki Haley is actually weak on China, she gave some company land 5 miles away from an army base

Ron DeSantis is a sad crying baby. he doesn't want to protect america, unlike Nikki who will defeat China.

Nikki Haley wants to weaken the border so Hamas can infiltrate with a million MS-13 super soldiers.

Oh please. I live twenty minutes from the SC border.

Your be amazed how many staged interviews random people give about how the rest of the field needs to drop out and rally behind her.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

You guys are babies. I live in Virginia, with odd-year state elections, so every year is an election year. The last football game had back-to-back-to-back commercials from local Republicans trying to convince me that the Democrats were happy to let rapists loose in the streets.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

skeleton warrior posted:

You guys are babies. I live in Virginia, with odd-year state elections, so every year is an election year. The last football game had back-to-back-to-back commercials from local Republicans trying to convince me that the Democrats were happy to let rapists loose in the streets.

Sorry to derail a bit, how is the feeling on the ground in VA? Should we hope for a blue wave or is Youngkin getting his trifecta?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

VorpalBunny posted:

Sorry to derail a bit, how is the feeling on the ground in VA? Should we hope for a blue wave or is Youngkin getting his trifecta?
Polls are fairly even, although I’ve seen a slight edge to dems. So possibly we stay split, but this is pilling for a state legislature so it’s iffy territory. Youngkin does have approval over 50% by a thin margin, but he his election was before Roe got overturned, and he’s been getting flack for already turning his eye to loftier ambitions by focusing on campaigning for out-of-state Republicans and the whispers of a 2024 or 2028 presidential. This is not uncommon for VA governors given their single term limit, but it is earlier than normal for them to already look towards the national stage.

Soooo…I dunno. We got a lot of other variables like redistricting, but I feel like we should at least keep the legislature split. VA Dems were dumbasses in 2021, and they seemed to have learned from that and aren’t just screaming Trump expecting to win. Christ if I’m not tired of seeing transphobic attack ads though.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Randy Fine, DeSantis' biggest bootlicker in the state legislature, has just switched his support to Trump.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mods please change thread title to mike pence humiliation station

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
https://bsky.app/profile/tranniehall.bsky.social/post/3kctheqroyd2d

Pence hanging it up

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

I'd forgotten he was in.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

...man about a horse...

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I've been remiss in posting the mailings. Here are the last two weeks worth. If I posted a double by mistake, it's because after a while they all look the same.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Interesting...note the small printed string near the address box in most of them? That's apparently their internal documentation of individual campaign messages. I think all of those ones are from a single entity.

Nikki Haley Lemonade Stand: SFA_NH3_1
Nikki Haley Phone Quiz: SFA_NH3_2
AFP Action "time to choose a new leader": 0054_F11
AFP Action "willing to let go of Trump": 0055_F12

Looking back, the MAGA Action mailer also has a differently formatted combo of message indicators.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 3, 2023

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Discendo Vox posted:

Interesting...note the small printed string near the address box in most of them? That's apparently their internal documentation of individual campaign messages. I think they're all from a single entity. Can you transcribe the codes?

If I had to guess, they all come from RH Donnelly or some other mega corporate printer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
We need the previous 53 AFP Action mailers so we can unlock the bonus gallery.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 5, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I can’t sleep and it’s past 7am so all I can think of is desperately wishing we got a debate berlfore this kicks off where a full hologram Donald Trump descends onto the stage in a golden platform and starts slinging AI-generated Donald responses

Foot fetish Ron

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DeSantis imagining his next showdown with Nikki Haley, who keeps using her line about "and when I kick back, I'm in heels"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

mannerup posted:

https://x.com/DeSantisWarRoom/status/1720234220809777616

its funny how obviously the height jokes are getting under his skin, that and 'foot fetishes' now entering the political insult lexicon

The funny thing about short guys is no one gives a gently caress! But it's really, really funny when they get pathologically insecure about it and do ridiculous things as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd say that short guys do have hurdles in some aspects of life. The funny thing is average rear end height dipshits like DeSantis who get bent out of shape about their height. You know all the guys who swear they're six foot even but seem to be 2 inches shorter than the 6 mark on the side of the gas station door.