Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

manga > american comics any day of the week. It's just that simple.

Stux posted:

on every possible level as well. every us comic is so unbelievably ugly lol

100% better art, better stories, better setting and ideas overall. us comic writers trying to do something on the level of salary man kintaro gets you fuckin dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

American comics can be good and then because of the nature of the beast some other writer takes over and systematically ruins everything that made the comic good and then this continues forever. At least when I read a manga and it turns to poo poo I can rest easy knowing it was simply the mangaka being fail or possibly editor meddling.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i finished yotsubato :(

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

That DICK! posted:

i finished yotsubato :(

You've had the best, now you can read the rest

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

American comics can be good and then because of the nature of the beast some other writer takes over and systematically ruins everything that made the comic good and then this continues forever. At least when I read a manga and it turns to poo poo I can rest easy knowing it was simply the mangaka being fail or possibly editor meddling.

this

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

not wrong

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Love and Rockets is legit my favorite comic ever

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
comics and manga are good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

rob liefeld taking over one piece after marineford

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
American comics scuk loving dick

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Jack Kirby drawings of space and stuff are really good to look at

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

Love and Rockets is legit my favorite comic ever

it is great and keeps evolving. heartbreaking and hilarious

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Buschmaki posted:

American comics scuk loving dick

That's why they're cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

rob liefeld taking over one piece after marineford

You didn’t think Nami’s tits could get bigger or her waist smaller, but just wait

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Reading comics from all over the world is fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Reading comics from all over the world is fun.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
If you haven't seen A Space Odyssey illustrated by Kirby and Giacoia, I recommend it!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
japanese style comics

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
check out "one piece"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You didn’t think Nami’s tits could get bigger or her waist smaller, but just wait

oda doing the vince faces reaidng this lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
oda is a pervert he's a freak

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Farg posted:

check out "one piece"

It is good. unfortunately it is incomprehensible now. Will still ride it until its ending then be disappoint by the sequel "two piece" about zorro's and nami's child.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'll wait till it finishes and binge watch it all at once

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I just know that in one piece, fruit gives you powers and that flower power is not at all what you'd think

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Leal posted:

I'll wait till it finishes and binge watch it all at once

you will die if you try that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

One time when I was bed ridden for a week I watched one piece nonstop from the beginning until near the end of the dressrosa arc snd my wife banned the cartoon in our house when I was better.

Luckily she liked the live action.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish I could hit myself in the head with a big mallet and rewatch HxH fresh again.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish I could hit myself in the head with a big mallet and rewatch HxH fresh again.

I used to wish this as a child but for garfield stuff

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I will forge the mallet.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Did his regeneration cause both sides of him to regrow like a starfish? Ew, I bet the wolverines as hugh jackman smooched and kissed eachother afterwards and got married if so

iirc we only follow the adventures of torso wolverine as he recovers. butt wolverine's fate is unknown

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Did his regeneration cause both sides of him to regrow like a starfish? Ew, I bet the wolverines as hugh jackman smooched and kissed eachother afterwards and got married if so

The television show has very little relation to the comic books, but Lucifer makes a joke about this when they're trying to kill an unkillable, regenerating man, there's "the Wolverine rule" to how regeneration works if you chop someone into pieces.

Anyhows, my non-Marvel comic recommendation is Bone.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Luckily she liked the live action.

divorce, immediately. major red flag.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

the live action was Fine. Outside arlong park, I think.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

They found a man who looks like he's had his facial features molded from birth to resemble Usopp. That's gotta count for something.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR8lo9d62vI&t=22s

bros talking like a dub trying to fit a line in lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Actually the only positive thing about live action arlong park is that one of the fishmen looks exactly like Cobra lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
whats up yootoobz.... today we're making.... a gum gum fruit burger with some bud liiiIIIiiight. Yesssss.