Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I really dont like the save system. Sometimes it auto saves, sometimes it doesnt so you explore for 30 mins, die to a random enemy and get sent all the way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm at a complete loss for what to do next. I have done absolutely every clue I can find, nothing pending. I am supposed to perform the ritual. When I look up what I need to do next it looks like I need to find a heart in the cooler that is in the room where the guy busts out of the wall, but I don't have that aura that requires a flashlight. Not sure if I missed something or the game is bugged but I'm getting kind of frustrated.

As much as I like this game otherwise I am insanely sick of this murder scene area. It's annoying to get around in and I feel like I have spent way too much time here. Kinda groaned when they made me go back.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Boost your light? Idk I can't remember what happens there

The goon response to this game is so odd to me when other critics like SkillUp and the people on the Kinda Funny podcast in particular are talking about how it's almost too easy and "frictionless" with it being too obvious what to do next

BOAT SHOWBOAT fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 29, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am. There's nothing there to boost at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6dvppfw10

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Have you checked your clues? When you go to the filing cabinet any cases with new clues will have a yellow dot. And you will still be holding photos you need to put up, unless they say FOR LATER

It's a little silly, but sometimes you'll know what you need to do but Saga needs to put 2+2 together for the game to let you do it

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Game is kind of falling apart at the seams towards the end. I've had to reload multiple times just to get things to trigger properly and now I can't progress at all because an echo won't spawn

edit: oh welp apparently the echo bug is relatively common and the only known fix is to reload an earlier save and none of my earlier saves seem to be far enough back so I guess I'm done until a patch hits!!

Phoix fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 29, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Have you checked your clues? When you go to the filing cabinet any cases with new clues will have a yellow dot. And you will still be holding photos you need to put up, unless they say FOR LATER

It's a little silly, but sometimes you'll know what you need to do but Saga needs to put 2+2 together for the game to let you do it

She’s rewriting reality

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Phoix posted:

Game is kind of falling apart at the seams towards the end. I've had to reload multiple times just to get things to trigger properly and now I can't progress at all because an echo won't spawn

edit: oh welp apparently the echo bug is relatively common and the only known fix is to reload an earlier save and none of my earlier saves seem to be far enough back so I guess I'm done until a patch hits!!

Yikes, I think I'm playing quite slow so hopefully they're quick on patching and get that fixed pronto so it's all good by the time I get there.

As an aside, they announced what the expansion pass stuff will be. First part is a Night Springs anthology thing where you're playing as a bunch of characters from the series in episodes of Night Springs and then the second sounds like it's more of whatever the main storyline is with some Control stuff.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Chapter 5 for Saga spoilers, but I can't believe I just got jumpscared by Ahti :allears:

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

Phoix posted:

Yeah, there are some areas/containers you can't access the first time you enter a map

On nice one thanks

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I loving love Mr. Door

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

In Alan's second chapter, I kept opening boxes and lockers and finding nothing inside. Does the game scale loot finds with how much you have on hand so if you're running dry it gives you more bullets/flashlights?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

In Alan's second chapter, I kept opening boxes and lockers and finding nothing inside. Does the game scale loot finds with how much you have on hand so if you're running dry it gives you more bullets/flashlights?

I think so, I had a full inventory for a while and opened a bunch of containers that had nothing. Put some stuff in the shoebox and started getting drops again.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think it's the game budgeting your resource drops yeah. Alan's segments don't seem to have any enemies that will drop supplies, but I guess that's because he has yet to have to fight anything particularly annoying or hard to juke for me yet, maybe?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have seen stuff drop in Alan's chapter but only when I was like absolutely drop dead out of everything. It doesn't like hoarding flares or whatever.

Hilarious then it gave me like 8 batteries from a single pickup.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've just beaten the first Alan sequence and it was amazing being on the wrong end of Max Payne's gun. The way Casey very slowly started "the grin" and then it just got wider and wider RULED. Suddenly I get why Vinnie Gognitti ran the gently caress away back in the day.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 29, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Oceanview question: after you find the sheriff and get his map there’s something in the second floor stairwell by I can figure out how to get in there. Any tips?

E: going from the first floor stairs doesn’t move me to that part of the map

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

Oceanview question: after you find the sheriff and get his map there’s something in the second floor stairwell by I can figure out how to get in there. Any tips?

E: going from the first floor stairs doesn’t move me to that part of the map

this drove me insane on both maps I’ve seen, but I think those are meant to mark off the location of the sheriff himself

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

this drove me insane on both maps I’ve seen, but I think those are meant to mark off the location of the sheriff himself

I don’t think that’s right. He’s in room 209, this marker, question mark in a circle, is in the stairwell

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is the talk show host in Control? He looks familiar

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I need some help in the subway section.

The point where you need to light multiple lights with the angel lamp to get out of the tunnels. You're supposed to be able to get two charges on the lamp, but I can only get one. Everything I've looked at for help on this just says to grab the two light sources, but the second one isn't there and there's no other source I can go back to get that won't block my path. What the gently caress am i missing here?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
wondering if there’s a map that marks off lunchbox locations somewhere, no way can I find all these otherwise

Motorman
Jun 11, 2019
Finished grinding for the screwdriver, now it's time to find the bolt cutters. All jokes aside, I'm loving this game. Runs super good on my RTX 2060 Super + Ryzen 5 3600 + 16 GB DDR4 computer, medium settings with DLSS on quality. The graphics look sharp and next-gen for me. I cannot wait to see what Remedy makes with Control 2.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think he appears. Mr Door is talked about by Dylan in Control.

He's very likely a reference to Martin Hatch from Quantum Break in the same way that Alex Casey is to Max Payne. Kind of wish Remedy has all the IP rights to their games instead of Rockstar and Microsoft, but there were some tough choices that needed to be made back then.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
As someone who did not like AW but loved Control, 2 chapters in I am enjoying this, but in this moment, the between chapter music interludes 😭😭

E: the save system is total horseshit tho

site fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 29, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
just met Mayor Setter and the payoff was worth it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
seems like the trigger for pat's radio broadcasts broke for me, he's just repeating the seventh broadcast with every radio i come across. sucks, it's going to be a while before anyone posts the transcripts of those

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

just met Mayor Setter and the payoff was worth it

Even if it bothers me that he is mayor of multiple towns, I love mayor setter

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Panderfringe posted:

I need some help in the subway section.

The point where you need to light multiple lights with the angel lamp to get out of the tunnels. You're supposed to be able to get two charges on the lamp, but I can only get one. Everything I've looked at for help on this just says to grab the two light sources, but the second one isn't there and there's no other source I can go back to get that won't block my path. What the gently caress am i missing here?

IIRC you have to stand in a very specific spot when you interact with the lights so you will be in the correct spot when the room chsnges or something. Kinda hard to explain without youtube

Barudak
May 7, 2007

3 of my inventory spaces are now non interactable and can only have their contents moved if I move a large object onto them and the lighthouse key does not exist in my game.

Neato-bandito game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I did the first Alan section last night and I lost it when Ahti was speaking in Finnish phrases translated directly to English.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

All glitches are just the Dark Place's magic

I haven't had any game breaking glitches just I did have Alex Casey t-pose at one point when he first gets shot in the alley in the first city level which was pretty funny, and got stuck on geometry for a few seconds.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The map is never centered on your character by default and it annoys me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sheriff Breaker lives half inside a wall for me now at several of his places

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

All glitches are just the Dark Place's magic

Whenever the next section of the map fails to load for a few seconds it's on account of writer's block.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

veni veni veni posted:

He was main cast member on the Supergirl tv-series.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

The game got its hooks into me, and I stayed up until 02:00 to finish it. There are some parts of the ending that feel a bit disconnected, but as a total package, it's Remedys' best game by far.

They are one of the few devs that play around with pulp/airport fiction in a way that doesn't come up like they are embarrassed by it. I think that's part of why they get the mood right despite always playing with stuff on a meta level, because it's a love letter not a parody, even down to the "badly acted" commercials.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok, the lighthouse key is because its always in the last cult stash you open, regardless of which one it is.

The inventory is still hosed

Edit: Triggered a softlock so obvious that I cannot believe QA did not find this

Barudak fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 29, 2023

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Show me the Herald of Darkness!

I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finished it. Im going to take some time to process the game and the ending but yeah, this wasnt for me.

The achievement for finding all weapons broke for me.