Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I wish there was a vet tree to just carry two guns.

I dunno if that would be overpowered or underpowered but i feel like it would at least be very much the vet

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

ZeusCannon posted:

I dunno if that would be overpowered or underpowered but i feel like it would at least be very much the vet

Add a bayonet to shotgun and allow slotting it as melee weapon

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

:emptyquote:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

it's great when a round starts with the vet emptying three bolter mags into random mobs and walls and then getting annoyed at the rest of the team when they go down to a poxwalker slowly stabbing them in the back for like fifteen seconds. Has this incidentally happened several times? Well,

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't get the people who take ammo inefficient guns and just unload into every single poxwalker they come across, you'd think they would save that ammo for those moments there are elites mixed in or specials show up.

Play Psyker if you want a run where melee is optional.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't get the people who take ammo inefficient guns and just unload into every single poxwalker they come across, you'd think they would save that ammo for those moments there are elites mixed in or specials show up.

I love the trauma staff because I can use it on absolutely everything and only bother switching to my dueling sword situationally for 10% of the match

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Was playing my first Auric level game and I ended up being respawned for rescue like 3 feet away from a Daemonhost.

Luckily it aggro'd on me as I got up and I play Shieldgryn so I just tanked it. Also lucky that we were in between hordes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:hmmyes:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

DogsInSpace! posted:

Melee is fun as hell plus they keep tossing out kill “x” in melee rewards so don’t understand the forever assail dudes either. Maybe they just like the pretty dancing lights and I never kink shame.

I have been a grog about melee since Vermintide 1. Whether it's productive or even right doesn't matter as much as the fact that these goddamn kids with their hip-hop and their ranged weapons need to get off my goddamn lawn.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Literally every console veteran is this, in my experiene. Bolter or some recon plasma, blow their entire ammo wad on the first 2 minutes' worth of enemies and then crumple when a minor challenge comes along during the first horde. And of course they're not gonna shoot or ping specials, that's for the ogryn.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

ZeusCannon posted:

Make the bayonet lasgun take up two slots and give the bayonet a full moveset, easy thematic new weapon for the vet

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Vagabong posted:

Make the bayonet lasgun take up two slots and give the bayonet a full moveset, easy thematic new weapon for the vet
I want this but with the option to mount it to infantry autoguns and lasguns as well, because they could give it Kerillian's spear moveset from Vermintide 2, which I really miss.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Also a pistol+melee combo as a melee weapon seems like a good and straightforward thematic fit especially for vet, and I'm surprised it's not in yet considering that Vermintide had it as well.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

It's just a matter of limited resources. There are a lot of weapons they could add to the game yet for everyone, some of which even the bad guys have but we don't.

Sometimes I regret the scoreboard mod because seeing people who're wasting more ammo than they're using is not a good feeling.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Melta gun before christmas.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Melta gun before christmas.

Allah willing, Allah willing...

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Just saw someone manage to rescue a Consignment Yard run from the jaws of defeat by... somehow getting across the missing extraction bridge to the Valkyrie pad while we were still fighting the last boss of the mission, and completely ignoring the boss fight. The three of us went down, and as soon as we were dead the AI just... broke and every enemy stood still in place, until the boss got shot in the head enough with a revolver and died. Valkyrie appeared like normal and picked up the one survivor.

Baffling.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
They probably got launched by an explosive barrel or a poxburster. That's hilarious.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

skaianDestiny posted:

They probably got launched by an explosive barrel or a poxburster. That's hilarious.

It happened to me once, a mutant hucked me over the gap.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You can hop on the control panel and do a power slide that can juuust reach the other side, but it's kinda hard to pull off and mutant or boss toss is more likely.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Had a mutant throw me right into a passive demonhost once

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
I just found an Antax Mk V with brutal momentum, and it totally changes how axes feel for crowd clearing. The push attack and light hits can cleave through like 10 mobs now if you aim at head level

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's so good. And what's wild is that it's worse than it used to be.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Owl Inspector posted:

Had a mutant throw me right into a passive demonhost once

in fairness, that's one of the few times where you can than ogryn slap a daemonhost in the face to wake it up with no-one blaming you, the setup is too strong

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Do I actually have to use the base PW to do this or am I not letting peril progress far enough? I'm not seeing any progression.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Black Griffon posted:

Do I actually have to use the base PW to do this or am I not letting peril progress far enough? I'm not seeing any progression.

You have to use the shriek after you start the exploding animation, before you actually explode. The upgraded version works fine.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

You have to hit 100+ peril - you'll know you're in the right spot because your character will throw their hands in front of their face. If you do nothing at that point...you go boom.

If you use venting shriek when the hands are up, then you can save yourself from an 'eadbang, and get progress in that cheevo (penno?).

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

righto, for the throne

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the trick is you need to hit 100, and then do something that gives peril again. If your POV isn't shaking uncontrollably and your hands aren't coming up, it doesn't count.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Yeah. I've been popping heads to get that one done too, so I'll just pop one more head.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

So did you win?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I have been a grog about melee since Vermintide 1. Whether it's productive or even right doesn't matter as much as the fact that these goddamn kids with their hip-hop and their ranged weapons need to get off my goddamn lawn.

Kruber had his trusty halberd and didn’t need nuffin else but his feathery hat AND HE LIKED IT. I still use the halberd with merc as … it’s Kruber and I love the Halberd. Helps that VT trained me mainly use melee and ranged was limited and you only used it for certain specials. It’s muscle memory at this point.

Update on Ogryn and push taunt: that must have been a glitch as I haven’t grabbed aggro from daemonhost since. Human sized no problem but monster sized just ignored. So gauge the usefulness appropriately. Wish I didn’t love charge so much.

Trying to grab the last of this past week’s assignments on the last hour and just couldn’t get one map without some guy aggroing the DH. Sometimes I was the only zealot. Speaking of zealot: revolver is soooooo good. Going to try different weapons as only 15 and still learning the class but, so far, revolver is the easiest and most useful as my “oh poo poo - long ranged threat beyond reach of my knives and nobody else is killing” backup. The eviscerator is a blast but snipers suck.

One thing I really dig about DT: every class is a blast. Even the one most consider boring, the veteran, can go ranged focus, squad support “shouting leader” or sneaky rogue. I never really got into base game Kerellian or Satlzspyre as much as Bardin and Krube. Been playing and I enjoying it so much I’ve got 3 guys almost 30. Give me another week and my Zealot will be there too.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

DogsInSpace! posted:

Kruber had his trusty halberd and didn’t need nuffin else but his feathery hat AND HE LIKED IT. I still use the halberd with merc as … it’s Kruber and I love the Halberd. Helps that VT trained me mainly use melee and ranged was limited and you only used it for certain specials. It’s muscle memory at this point.
As a fellow halberd (+ spear and billhook) enjoyer I really hope they'll add some polearms to DT in the near future because I miss them.

DogsInSpace! posted:

Speaking of zealot: revolver is soooooo good. Going to try different weapons as only 15 and still learning the class but, so far, revolver is the easiest and most useful as my “oh poo poo - long ranged threat beyond reach of my knives and nobody else is killing” backup. The eviscerator is a blast but snipers suck.
Yeah the revolver's great, I love how it makes you feel like you're in a John Woo movie as you're sliding around popping heads. The only reason I'm not using it right now is because the Hand-Cannon blessing is basically cheating since it's currently bugged to also give rending to your melee weapon.
But on the other hand it made me try a bunch of other sidearms and the heavy las pistol is actually no slouch either! I think it's thanks to its high finesse multiplier so it does a ton of damage on crits and weak spot hits which goes great on a crit-build Zealot. Full Auto mod is recommended though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Doing the peril penance is a real crash course in peril management because you really get a feel for how much you can push your peril without exploding. Gonna be rough to have
anything other than the shriek on the roster though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Exodee posted:

The only reason I'm not using it right now is because the Hand-Cannon blessing is basically cheating since it's currently bugged to also give rending to your melee weapon.

It's been fixed as of patch 14, read the patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Legit Businessman posted:

It's been fixed as of patch 14, read the patch notes.
I'm not seeing any listed fixes regarding the hand-cannon blessing? It's really easy to see for yourself regardless; have a revolver with hand-cannon equipped and then crit a Crusher with your melee weapon. You'll do a shitton more damage than you're supposed be doing.