Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She jumped just like Deadpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
She's falling very cool.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

She flies just like Xena Warrior Princess can

I have all 6 season of Xena on DVD along with a Chackram - Xena never flew.

E:

Codependent Poster posted:

She jumped just like Deadpool

I did not think about that - Deadpool has a healing factor so I did not think Black Widow would just jump out of a plane.

E2: is that the old Simpsons episode lol.? Hahaha. Vvvv

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 27, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
You’re totally right. It’s Lucy Lawless that can fly

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Sorry I just read Jean Grey #3. I thought Jean and Madelyn settled their differences?

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, but the Maddie in that issue is just Jean talking to herself about her regrets. She's even credited as Jean in the cast listing

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
honestly i thought it felt a little weird to rehash this so close to dark web as well

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That series just seems to be Jean coming to terms with herself and the decisions she's made. Like working past her doubts about if she has done the right thing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I haven't read Jean Grey 3 yet, but I think someone else guessed it's gonna end with her being the Phoenix again, and I don't disagree with that concept.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well remember in Here Comes Tomorrow that the Phoenix was there to burn away the wrong timeline. I kinda think we're going to get something like that from Jean and that's how the line gets reset and the Krakoan Age ends.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

That would be a really anti-climatic ending if this all ends up being a failed time-line.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Krakoa's too tightly tied into the rest of Marvel for it to be a failed timeline. First thought is that that would completely undo Dylan Brock as Venom

Second thought is that it would undo Wells' Spider-man run, so maybe Krakoa should be a failed timeline

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah undoing the last like three years of marvel comics seems like a thing they very much wouldn't do

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

That series just seems to be Jean coming to terms with herself and the decisions she's made. Like working past her doubts about if she has done the right thing

I can see that, but "You have always been right 100% of the time" is a bit of an odd lesson to learn, especially when in the (partial) grip of a cosmic entity of infinity power and hunger trying to get you on board.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Sephyr posted:

I can see that, but "You have always been right 100% of the time" is a bit of an odd lesson to learn, especially when in the (partial) grip of a cosmic entity of infinity power and hunger trying to get you on board.

I'm not sure that's meant to be the takeaway so much as "you are always flirting with disaster and there is no ideal, perfect way out."

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Fair enough. More like "poo poo's hosed and the life you and your peeps live doubly so; do the best you can and don't fret over where it went off-track because there's no track."?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
What is this art in Realm of X?? I know that reading comics in 2023 is a dance of betrayals but :psypop:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

If just jumping on camera and saying "ORCHIS IS FULL OF poo poo" would actually work, they would've done it. Krakoa wasn't exactly riding high on popular opinion from the beginning, with Magneto being like co-president and giving "YOU PEOPLE" heel speeches every time a camera was pointed at him

Plus don't forget that not too long before the Gala, thanks to Mother Righteous and Colossus Mikhail Rasputin, Krakoa released all the info about the Sins of Sinister timeline. So there is a public record, endorsed by mutants, of a timeline where mutants did take over the universe and kill/mind-control all humans. Public opinion of mutants was... well, maybe not at an all-time low, since they were still able to get people to come to the Gala, but yeah, mutants just saying "We didn't do it this time!" isn't exactly gonna win hearts and minds.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I feel like releasing records of a doomed timeline is going to be a potentially awkward way to get your message out, because all Krakoa would have to do is say "Yes, apparently Mr. Sinister likes to write SCPs and did some horrible poo poo to fill supporting evidence. We're very disappointed in him."

Of course Sinister probably pre-cut it for Fox News.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think any non-mutant has ever actually mentioned the sins of sinister stuff. the council said they were going to reveal it, but there was never a reaction.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah and they're going to be 'yeah yeah the dystopian alternate future we've all had one'

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think any non-mutant has ever actually mentioned the sins of sinister stuff. the council said they were going to reveal it, but there was never a reaction.
Nah they did end up telling everyone, there was a page at the start of the Hellfire Gala showing a bunch of humans being real tilted about it. A woman was like "what if my Phoenix Foundation-resurrected daughter turns evil" and Emma was like "yeah idk"

It hasn't factored into anything since then, and was frankly kind of a weird side plot. To be absolutely frank I think the whole "we're gonna tell people about SoS" thing was just Gillen padding some time until Fall of X -- albeit with some great writing -- instead of something they intended to have major ramifications.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 29, 2023

Caros
May 14, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Nah they did end up telling everyone, there was a page at the start of the Hellfire Gala showing a bunch of humans being real tilted about it. A woman was like "what if my Phoenix Foundation-resurrected daughter turns evil" and Emma was like "yeah idk"

It hasn't factored into anything since then, and was frankly kind of a weird side plot. To be absolutely frank I think the whole "we're gonna tell people about SoS" thing was just Gillen padding some time until Fall of X -- albeit with some great writing -- instead of something they intended to have major ramifications.

Tbf, I can't see that even moving the needle on the chaos that is the average marvel citizen's daily existence.

A celestial murdered most of them in apocalyptic hellfire less than half a year ago. Mr sinister made a hell dimension that got reset? Guys I have to work tomorrow can we not?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would be faster to count who hasn't been to an alternate future where they rule with an iron fist at this point. that's just something that happens to people on marvel earth.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I mean like basically every major X-Men future timeline we see is some flavor of Robot Fascism or Egyptian Fascism. Your pick of the future is whether Apocalypse or a Sentinel is stepping on your neck.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

it would be faster to count who hasn't been to an alternate future where they rule with an iron fist at this point. that's just something that happens to people on marvel earth.

Ironically, Iron Fist

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean like basically every major X-Men future timeline we see is some flavor of Robot Fascism or Egyptian Fascism. Your pick of the future is whether Apocalypse or a Sentinel is stepping on your neck.
Compromise: An apocalypse-faced Sentinel.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

my hot take was that the art in realm 3 is dirty and, given a weird pacing moment halfway through, presumably rushed. but it still looks better than the finished but fairly lifeless art that was in the previous issue. and while the stylized eyes are a thing i can understand why it would take some people out, i would disagree with calling it bad

it's bad, but I think it's bad because, as you said, it was rushed. It looks unfinished and the colors are muddy. Obviously I'm speculating, but something happened to this book. I was so excited for this one too, and it's been a let down on the scale of Fallen Angels.

Also, hey, can we talk about how wonderfully horny Uncanny Spider-Man was? Now, as resident anti-hornt asexual, normally I'm very bored with romantic or sexual subplots, but from the panel where Sable grabs Kurt's tail and comments on how soft it is, through the rest of the book, I was grinning like an idiot. This was real good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that book is about kurt learning that he doesn't need to be a visionary leader or save mutantkind single-handed. it's enough for him to be himself, a sexy swashbuckling hero.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Caught up on the recent Excalibur/Knights of X series and liked them more than I imagined. The whole "mutants plus magic/dimensions" deal was always hit-or-miss back then, but they do a good job of keeping the actions moving and doing a weird fantasy GoT mix. In fact, could use some extra issues to slow down and let character stuff simmer and build for a bit!

I may also have been in the monority that liked Betsy more as the elegant but strong-willed telepath than the ninja babe, even back in the 90s. Since she had the link with Otherworld established even back then through the Fall of Mutants, making her Captain Britain makes sense, though she seems to be one of those character which the creators are never comfortable with and just keep thowing hats at until one sticks.

Having the UK shadow-governed by a cabal of racist wizards was -not- something I expected, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, are you unfamiliar with the uk?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Guess I just expected them to be bigoted toward the wizards as well.

I mean, even Rowling's magic-users had to make a hidden, parallel society!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Nessus posted:

Of course Sinister probably pre-cut it for Fox News.

He probably regularly appears on The Five and Hannity because he's one of the good ones

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Sephyr posted:

Fair enough. More like "poo poo's hosed and the life you and your peeps live doubly so; do the best you can and don't fret over where it went off-track because there's no track."?

this is my takeaway, that we're gonna get a resolution of Jean going "hey maybe going back through my life and looking for the One Big Fuckup That Would Fix Everything If I Undid It isn't really going to get me anywhere" probably leading to her becoming the Phoenix again

Jean-as-Phoenix could be a retcon possibility, sure, but I don't see it; Marvel doesn't generally do reset buttons for good reason (and the few times they have done it it's usually been awful). My guess is we're gonna see Phoenix Shenanigans bringing back the mutants back into whatever status quo they're gonna have moving forward - or, if the writers are feeling more adventurous than I suspect, we'll see some kind of a "hey ever notice how the Phoenix loves telepaths, and carries quasi-recordings of past hosts, of which there have been a lot lately? Wouldn't that make a pretty interesting way to get that hyperintelligent, not-existing-in-localized-time Dominion that Sinister has been trying to create but sees at the end of Sins of Sinister that someone beat him to it?"

we'll see, one supposes

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Well yeah but usually that's only a hell the hero has to deal with. The general public doesn't know about AoA or any of those other hell futures. This is one of the few times where it's out there for everyone to see.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Sephyr posted:

Guess I just expected them to be bigoted toward the wizards as well.

I mean, even Rowling's magic-users had to make a hidden, parallel society!

That was bigotry, but it was bigotry the other direction.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wealthy pricks wearing robes and holding debauched rituals is just normal british upper class stuff. usually they call it "a court of law".

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

wealthy pricks wearing robes and holding debauched rituals is just normal british upper class stuff. usually they call it "a court of law".
TRFADP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

He probably regularly appears on The Five and Hannity because he's one of the good ones

This made me imagine a perpetually breathless Rachel Maddow waving at the screen repeating 'His name is Mr. Sinister! Is this how far we have fallen as a country?'

I laughed.