Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

What the hell kind of lame rear end dweeb would get all :decorum: over Mitch McConnell and why are they members of this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Something something hate the policies but don’t stigmatise health conditions something something.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Rockman Reserve posted:

nobody is saying this. you are an insane person.

dude their best friend just died...

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Halisnacks posted:

Something something hate the policies but don’t stigmatise health conditions something something.

Nobody is saying strokes are cool and good, just that one particular brain being destroyed would be a net benefit to the world.

Also :lmao: old man brain beep boop PROCESSING ERROR

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/sFNiCd3.gifv

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Hey, if y’all are digging through old Friends memes, anyone got that Joey ”Have I told you about Dark Souls” pic?

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Rockman Reserve posted:

nobody is saying this. you are an insane person.

What? Two and four posts before mine are saying Friends was problematic upon reexamination and Matthew Perry said a mean thing about Keanu Reeves.

I wasn’t saying don’t post memes about the recently deceased. They’re par on course for this thread and some of them are pretty funny. Maybe I misunderstood what people were trying to say but to me these two posts were implying “oh he was mean and his jokes weren’t funny anyway”. That’s what I took issue with.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
It's always funny when a famous person dies op

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
You don't get to make 500 million Friends bucks without attracting a few snarky comments.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Biplane posted:

What the hell kind of lame rear end dweeb would get all :decorum: over Mitch McConnell and why are they members of this forum

if you havent noticed there are a lot of embarrassing people on this forum

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

big oof but also: lmao

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I was bummed but this got me and now I feel bad :smith:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The memes are good

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Rockman Reserve posted:

his memoir had a lot of really weird digs at notable Extremely Nice Person Keanu Reeves like the below and it made people think he was kind of an rear end in a top hat

People forget that until very recently Keanu Reeves public image was being a wooden actor who was in an inexplicable number of movies. It's only in the last decade or so that the public fell in love with him.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Your job’s a joke; you’re broke, and Chandler’s DOA

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Bug Squash posted:

People forget that until very recently Keanu Reeves public image was being a wooden actor who was in an inexplicable number of movies. It's only in the last decade or so that the public fell in love with him.

didnt perrys autobiography come out like 2 years ago?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

didnt perrys autobiography come out like 2 years ago?

Last year I think. I remember doing the promo for it because it was a funny display, they had one photo of his mug for the book cover and also plastered it all over the display so it looked weird as hell.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Halisnacks posted:

Some people in this thread thought Mitch McConnell stroke jokes crossed the line, so of course some gallows humour about a recently deceased celebrity referencing the pop culture for which they were known would be too much for some.

There are going to be people here asking for more grace and decorum out of the memes when Kissinger finally kicks it.

Those people can kick rocks, we [correctly] have a thread still celebrating the death of Rush Limbaugh even nearly three years after the blessed event

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

He was the dictionary definition of the boy toy that doesn't have much going on upstairs but is too yummy to send away. People attracted to men loved him both in Hollywood and in general audiences.

True that it wasn't until John Wick's PR campaign that the het boys and the kids got on-board though.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I liked him as Neo despite not being attracted to men?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I Loved him as Ted

Wyld Stallions Rule!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bald Stalin posted:

Same, he's good in that film

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Keanu has two moods: fun Californian stoner and stoic murderer. He's a good actor when cast into one of those moods, but when he's outside it (like in Dracula) he kinda struggles, like any character actor would.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bald Stalin posted:

A lot of dudes don't understand that women, gay dudes, and anyone else attracted to men are a valued demographic in entertainment that influence decision-making. That doesn't therefore imply that straight men don't have opinions.

mystes
May 31, 2006

thank you for sharing your extremely progressive opinion that keanu reaves was only popular as an actor because people wanted to gently caress him

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mystes posted:

thank you for sharing your extremely progressive opinion that keanu reaves was only popular as an actor because people wanted to gently caress him

Otoh, the lust was, and still is, real.

Ted is dreamy

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I love Keanu and I love the fact that agent smith, as a literal machine, was 10 times more emotive and expressive than Neo was.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve always been Pro Keanu, I don’t see how he came off as wooden. However I am a deeply broken individual. Also, holy poo poo, run do not walk to see Rivers Edge. Grim, underrated 80s film, with a top tier Crispin Glover unhinged role. 10/10 soundtrack.

I never liked Friends, the show, but I always had a soft spot for Perry. He just seemed pretty legit and down to earth, but honest about his flaws. Drowning is a loving terrifying way to go.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you can't watch Dracula and not hold a little resentment toward Keanu for loving up the movie

I feel the same way about Cameron Diaz in Gangs of New York

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I find the perry jokes a bit out of pocket but I'm sure I've made jokes of equal pocketness in the past and will again in the future

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Keanu’s best role was in Freaked, close thread.

Here is a meme:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

mystes posted:

it owns that expressing an opinion that straight men arent the only demographic that matters results in deranged posts like this

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

I feel the same way about Cameron Diaz in Gangs of New York

And Vanilla Sky.

She loving owned bones in Being John Malkovich, though.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

it owns that expressing an opinion that straight men arent the only demographic that matters results in deranged posts like this
It owns that regardless of whether you say "lots of people thought keanu reaves' acting was wooden" or "I liked him as Neo despite not being attracted to men" that apparently means you need to have it condescendingly explained to you that people other than straight men exist

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

teen witch posted:

Here is a meme:

Why is this so correct and wonderful

A guy at work thought he just didn’t like apples as a kid because his mom bought those mealy “red delicious” turds. He tried other varieties eventually and found that apples are just about his favorite thing. He eats two apples a day at work.

It’s causing havoc in the hospital because the doctors can’t approach him and by the square law two a day makes them stay four times further from him.

despite that lovely joke at the end the anecdote is true though

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Cosmic crisp are the best.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You gotta consider that prior to genetic engineering and modern husbandry that on the scale of natural apples red delicious being (relatively) pleasantly edible earned it the title since the alternatives were both mealy and sour

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Heath posted:

You gotta consider that prior to genetic engineering and modern husbandry that on the scale of natural apples red delicious being (relatively) pleasantly edible earned it the title since the alternatives were both mealy and sour
it's much worse than other apple varieties that started to be commercially grown around the same time like mcintosh right after picking, it just has a much longer shelf life