Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Oh dear me posted:

Don't like performative modding myself, think the thread's reaction was enough

Yeah, I think a pile-on was the best response there. Though as pointed out something on the rap sheet in case that kind of oopsie keeps happening isn't a bad idea either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1718362006636409236

The comments section is why we must ensure the UK sinks into the loving Atlantic

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

The comments section is why we must ensure the UK sinks into the loving Atlantic

Eh, let's be kinder to ourselves this morning. Public opinion is pro-ceasefire, a majority of the UK is essentially on the same side of the protestors even if many Brits have been conditioned over the decades to frown disapprovingly at anyone holding a placard.

That comments section is why Twitter, another fast-collapsing kingdom where the public conversation is now dominated by self-important blue-tick melts with the worst opinions you've ever heard, should sink into the loving Atlantic.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I don't think you should base public opinion on X comments.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Regardless of this conflict and the comments surrounding it, I still firmly believe the UK should slide into the depths of the Atlantic. Nor was it a matter of public opinion, more *gestures to literally everything else*

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Diet Crack posted:

Regardless of this conflict and the comments surrounding it, I still firmly believe the UK should slide into the depths of the Atlantic. Nor was it a matter of public opinion, more *gestures to literally everything else*

It's more a "carthago delenda est" type of thing, just added to the end of every post.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just lol if you don't think the world would be a marginally better place without the British in it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

There's a olden oldie. Anyone got the one where pissflaps disappears over the waves?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

As a reformed hand-wringing liberal, with an entire family of them, who is prone to occasional extremely drunk posting (thanks partly to mental health that makes me desperately want community affirmation, meds that make my alcohol tolerance swing wildly, and being a bit of a wally) I'm hopeful if I ever posted something so stupid I'd be able to recant it and apologise...

That said, if I ever did a genuine "gotta hand it to them" for the 3rd Reich, I think I would delete my account due to how mortified I'd be.

Since I haven't, you all get to look at my cats being cats instead.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 29, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1718359475239706641
Yay, more spook MPs
:toot:

e: vvv Yeah, that should have been an instant permaban

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 29, 2023

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I am absolutely gobsmacked you're all debating whether 'maybe Hitler was right' is even punishable. It should be a perma. Someone who's willing to say that, even insincerely, should not be welcome, ever, and the idea that removing them from the forum is considered 'performative' sickens me. For crying out loud

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I am absolutely gobsmacked you're all debating whether 'maybe Hitler was right' is even punishable. It should be a perma. Someone who's willing to say that, even insincerely, should not be welcome, ever, and the idea that removing them from the forum is considered 'performative' sickens me. For crying out loud

:hmmyes: zero tolerance for nazis

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Mega Comrade posted:

I don't think you should base public opinion on X comments.

Now more than ever. The replies under a Big Tweet are going to be boosted bluetick-buyers who are 99% of the time the worst people on the website. Tangentially, been finding a lot of people who I thought would be more scrupulous are still ready to RT bluetick accounts posting poorly-source/framed or straight up incorrect nonsense (even if it's for leftist purposes), and it irks me terribly.

e: don't really want to add more posts to this but at the very least, for such an egregiously awful post, MB should be forced to make an apology where they explain themselves extremely precisely if they wish to continue posting here. I understand our IKs' inclinations in a general sense, but it was a VERY bad post.

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 29, 2023

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
'Oh well you know most of Monica's posts have been ok, the IDF's actions are reprehensible, blah blah blah heated gamer moment, implying the Holocaust was justified could happen to anyone, let's move on' are you people out of your goddamn minds??????????

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

This would be true if I thought the poster making the posted did it sincerely. I think, from context of reading their posts, it was a very dark joke in response to a very dark moment in time. And while I think it was a dumb thing to say & not at all helpful & that's entirely inline with a getting a 6er or even a week long probation, whatever, I think that it being a permaban is dumb. If I thought they were being sincere then obviously I'm happy with a perma but how many posters on SA would even be left if everyone who'd made a dark ironic exaggeration was permabanned?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

how many posters on SA would even be left if everyone who'd made a dark ironic exaggeration was permabanned?

All of them, with $10 less

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1718573293068828976

e: This is an amazing shitpost from Churnwell https://twitter.com/churnwell/status/1718547247086842263

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 29, 2023

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I literally could not care less if they were being ironic and you're on some seriously thin ice if you're saying who among us

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I literally could not care less if they were being ironic and you're on some seriously thin ice if you're saying who among us

Seriously just loving drop it there are much more bigger windmills to tilt at

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rumda posted:

Seriously just loving drop it there are much more bigger windmills to tilt at

unironically drawing a line here.

you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to the nazis".

there is no space for discussion in which this is not unanimously agreed.

:getout: if you don't think it's important

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Hitler did a lot of bad things but on the other hand he did kill Hitler

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Mebh posted:

As a reformed hand-wringing liberal, with an entire family of them, who is prone to occasional extremely drunk posting (thanks partly to mental health that makes me desperately want community affirmation, meds that make my alcohol tolerance swing wildly, and being a bit of a wally) I'm hopeful if I ever posted something so stupid I'd be able to recant it and apologise...

That said, if I ever did a genuine "gotta hand it to them" for the 3rd Reich, I think I would delete my account due to how mortified I'd be.

Since I haven't, you all get to look at my cats being cats instead.

These are fantastic cats.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

big lols at John Cleese being shocked that he’s suddenly sharing a platform with somebody who doesn’t share his strong moral code!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1718333819755897146

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Diet Crack posted:

Be the change you want to see in this world

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’m just gonna make a post to say OwlFancier is jolly good bloke and I feel he has had the task of IK thrust on him somewhat unwillingly. Clearly “good old Adolf” should have been immediately probed to poo poo but I don’t want to see OF getting any grief.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Diet Crack posted:

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1718362006636409236

could you just keep it to GB, at least?

after at least a millennium of surviving a neighbour from hell this would be a sorry end for ireland

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

'Oh well you know most of Monica's posts have been ok, the IDF's actions are reprehensible, blah blah blah heated gamer moment, implying the Holocaust was justified could happen to anyone, let's move on' are you people out of your goddamn minds??????????

op this is a comedy posting forum, it's not the UN

there aren't going to be any actual consequences from hitler OP saying something nazi, beyond making themselves look a oval office

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

crispix posted:

could you just keep it to GB, at least?

after at least a millennium of surviving a neighbour from hell this would be a sorry end for ireland

Sawing along Scotland/Wales borders, bugs bunny style.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

I’m just gonna make a post to say OwlFancier is jolly good bloke and I feel he has had the task of IK thrust on him somewhat unwillingly. Clearly “good old Adolf” should have been immediately probed to poo poo but I don’t want to see OF getting any grief.

I told the last mod who asked me to be IK that it was a stupid idea and I am beginning to think I should have done the same this time.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I made a poo poo joke / post a few years ago, around this time of year about blowing up Parliament, and copped a ban.

That is my anecdote about things.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
she's in

to third reich thinkiiiin

black suits and geno-ciiiiide

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
What does IK stand for anyway?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’m gonna make another post and say I am sure I am not alone in finding the last few weeks an absolutely brain melting spectacle of violence, disinformation, propaganda and bloodlust that shames the whole of the human race and has caused all of us psychic damage.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

happyhippy posted:

What does IK stand for anyway?

Irish Keyboard-enjoyers. So you and I should be well in there

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
yeah it's so incredibly hosed up

not helped by some complete oval office down the road who's put up a huge israeli flag

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i suppose there is a non-zero probability that hitler OP was actually ken livingstone :/

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well at least daylight savings is over. That probably kills a few thousand people a year, so they should never bring it back and also make supporting it a proscribed terror activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Well at least daylight savings is over. That probably kills a few thousand people a year, so they should never bring it back and also make supporting it a proscribed terror activity.

Lmfao. Well this is bad loving news for anyone who’s been on a flight longer than Paris