Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Biplane posted:

All I'm getting from this page of rubbish is math is completely inscrutable. The mysteries, wonders and terrors of numbers will forever be beyond us.

wait until you learn the shortcut to add up all the first (however many you want) odd numbers

unrelated meme:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Violet_Sky posted:

danger fuzzies

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

I feel the same way about Cameron Diaz in Gangs of New York

When I'm in a making a white supremacist the most entertaining character in the story competition and my opponent is Martin Scorsese

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

rodbeard posted:

When I'm in a making a white supremacist the most entertaining character in the story competition and my opponent is Martin Scorsese

what

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Lowen SoDium posted:

Cosmic crisp are the best.

Just going to shill for Honeycrisps here to say you're wrong.

Neo (or Mr Anderson) was supposed to be wooden. He had some kind of PTSD thing going on long before he was recruited by Morpheus. He wanted to get out and party with the cool kids but was shut down on his terminal truth seeking.

Further events did not get him out of his shell, quelle surprise.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Heath posted:

You gotta consider that prior to genetic engineering and modern husbandry that on the scale of natural apples red delicious being (relatively) pleasantly edible earned it the title since the alternatives were both mealy and sour

They didn’t “earn” the title, they were given it as a marketing ploy by the farmers. Also the RD’s problem is the same as German Shepherd’s, it’s overbred.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/04/AR2005080402194.html

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Gangs of NY, by Martin Scorsese, lionizes a guy who is a stand-in for this xenophobe.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

I just finished fnv 2 days ago hmmmm

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Oof

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

it owns that expressing an opinion that straight men arent the only demographic that matters results in deranged posts like this

People (take a wild guess which people) become disproportionately upset over equal opportunity objectification.

mystes
May 31, 2006

BarbarousBertha posted:

People (take a wild guess which people) become disproportionately upset over equal opportunity objectification.
What you're implying here, by suggesting that the objection is to "equal opportunity objectification" is that nobody would complain If someone posted something like "I don't think sandra bullock is a very good actor" and someone else responded out of the blue with "what you're forgetting is that people who are attracted to women exist and are a very important demographic :smug:"

Like yeah, obviously people think Keanu Reaves is hot. It's just really weird when terminally online people can't react to any statement about him without trying to turn it into some non-sequitur lesson about how "oh if you think that you obviously just don't realize that women and gay men exist"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BarbarousBertha posted:

Asians?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

True that it wasn't until John Wick's PR campaign that the het boys and the kids got on-board though.

Imagine forgetting that speed or bill and teds exists

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mystes posted:

What you're implying here, by suggesting that the objection is to "equal opportunity objectification" is that nobody would complain If someone posted something like "I don't think sandra bullock is a very good actor" and someone else responded out of the blue with "what you're forgetting is that people who are attracted to women exist and are a very important demographic :smug:"

Like yeah, obviously people think Keanu Reaves is hot. It's just really weird when terminally online people can't react to any statement about him without trying to turn it into some non-sequitur lesson about how "oh if you think that you obviously just don't realize that women and gay men exist"
You're a very brave and strong person.

CainFortea posted:

Imagine forgetting that speed or bill and teds exists
Didn't forget, there's a reason why I said "boys" instead of "men" in that sentence, but nah I get why you read that.

Surprisingly Bill&Ted wasn't a big box office hit but I guess it's like The Princess Bride or Hocus Pocus in that every kid around that time rented it. That's how I first saw it-- a babysitter being like "oh you kids will love this." Speed is fun because it's Keanu at his most gruff :allears: but let's be real that movie ran on the gimmick and his was the Jai Courtney/Sam Worthington part. The Matrix was seen as kind-of a comeback for Keanu too back then, which was nice.

Mario Yesyes
Oct 30, 2012

Lowen SoDium posted:

Cosmic crisp are the best.

Throwing my worthless opinion into the meme thread for no good reason, but yes. Those are also my favorite.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hey meme thread, have some memes:

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

mystes posted:

The reactions you seem to be objecting to aren't qualifications of acting quality, as you appear to believe, but rather statements which explain the marketability of said actors in the entertainment industry.

mind the walrus posted:

You're a very brave and strong person.

I should have finished reading before I responded lol.

Bill and Ted's was the first movie I bought for myself with my own money. I was in the 8th grade.

I blame Coppola for not just letting Keanu use his natural accent. Harker should be a himbo.

BarbarousBertha has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Oct 29, 2023

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
whos the most fuckable matrix character??

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

the blue pill

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Mr. Crow posted:

Switch

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
joey pants

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

Monica Bellucci obv

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Mr. Crow posted:

The Marovingian

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Mr. Crow posted:

the machines.... with all those arms....

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Been saying this

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mr. Crow posted:

I want to hear the Architect describe our copulation as we do it

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

The people who had the good sense to stay in the matrix

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

oldpainless posted:

I want to hear the Architect describe our copulation as we do it

Ah, a poster of taste

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Question asked and answered, Matthew Perry was just a fairly standard celeb but the combo of comic actor death +

Foxfire_ posted:

I don't think anyone thinks he was a horrible person, the jokes are just very easy to make

is why there's the unusually high number of jokes about him dying.

memes

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Too soon - Matt Perry just died in some Vember.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The hole in the middle of your pasta spoon = 1 serving of spaghetti

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mr. Crow posted:

The matrix itself can take the most dudes at once

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

The matrix itself can take the most dudes at once

Not just dudes, either!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mr. Crow posted:

I just had a vision of being dommed by agent smith, and it was certainly interesting

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

That can't be true, more people would know it. They would put it on the drat label!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Lib and let die posted:

This seems like it can't possibly be universal

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

I just had a vision of being dommed by agent smith, and it was certainly interesting

How many Agents Smith?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

RFC2324 posted:

He would probably have strong opinions about the smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

1stGear posted:

He would probably have strong opinions about the smell.

No that's Agent Reynolds