Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Never compare yourself to a streamer. Skill takes time to develop. You could blow through content like a streamer too if you spent years literally playing a game as your full time job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I actually really like the legendary lost sectors. It's got fun challenge and yeah for sure I go a bit silly with loadouts and builds so I die a lot, but t there's no punishment for it. The only thing that frustrates me is when people summon like 2 or even 3 pumpkinheads at once, like, no these are not the regular ones, you keep dying to random things maybe just concentrate fire please.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What's the rate for eerie engrams, I've only gotten one so far.

And what's the reward for this Sculpting quest. There's a bunch of "guides" online and not one lists the reward.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Listerine posted:

Not very high, but you should get a couple if you do a bunch of haunted sectors

quote:

And what's the reward for this Sculpting quest. There's a bunch of "guides" online and not one lists the reward.

The grenade launcher. It's just a small reminder to make people check out legend haunted sectors (and then never do them again, since matchmade teams are never able to handle them)

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Listerine posted:

Legend, regardless of number of pages on your person or the number of headless ones you kill, gives you an eerie engram each time.

I've been finding them far more enjoyable when you focus on living and are less concerned with maxing out the number of headless ones you kill.

Sestze fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 26, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The thing about legend sectors is if something comes out of the circle and rips YOUR head off, it's gonna be hilarious

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What uh... what exactly were they going for with these Legend haunted lost sectors..

There's just so much bullshit in them.

The enemies are extra beefy AND there's barely any ammo drops.

Everything will melt you, most of the maps do not have much cover, and the objective is to stand in one spot. The Europa one is the only one I don't mind the layout.

The boss is especially egregious because he can teleport and does not change pattern at all while invincible. He can basically bodyguard a point or headless you need and there's nothing you can do about it.

Yeah you can crush them running 3x Banner of War Titans in a stack but it definitely feels overtuned for a match made activity. The only build that seems like it can carry on solo is Banner Titan.

Listerine posted:

To get Eerie Engrams you basically need to play a haunted sector on Legend because they're guaranteed there and a rare drop on normal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Plus if you do them matchmade chances are one guy will just constantly do finishers on trash and not help you with anything else

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's no way they don't nerf Banner of War but I'm holding on to it as long as possible lol

It's nice being able to just walk up to things in harder content and not instantly melt, though if you're not careful you'll still gently caress yourself and your team. It's a nice risk/reward!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not even a Titan player and I really hope they don't nerf Banner of War tbh. It's just fun.

And yeah, if you're hunting memento drops (I assume you would be looking for Engrams) then just doing a Legend Haunted Sector is the best way. Don't even worry about maximising pumpkin kills, just shoot some dudes until the boss shows up.

If you're chasing a specific roll of one of the weapons (I honestly don't know why, and I like the guns) I honestly think the normal mode and converting a tonne of pages works better. More pages seem to mean more weapon drops, so that's probably the easiest way.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

sunday at work posted:

Never compare yourself to a streamer.

good advice in general tbh. it's not healthy to debase yourself like that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Halibut Barn posted:

Legend Haunted Sectors are another one of those things where sure, I can do them, but it adds enough frustration that I don't really enjoy it any more than the regular ones, but still leaves me with that uneasy feeling that I ought to be able to do better. I can watch streamers blast their way through them like they're nothing, which makes it clearer that there's this gulf in difference in skill between me and them, and I still don't know how they can throw themselves into packs of enemies without instantly dying, or how they can do ludicrous amounts of damage to kill the minibosses near-instantly, and so on. All the high-end 'meta' builds seem to be based around chaining very specific actions to be in very specific states at very specific times, and my old rear end just can't keep up with that.

But eh, I don't care about the rewards so much, and the base difficulty activities are still pretty fun, so whatever.

I dunno anything about Haunted Sectors cause I haven't done any but I promise you anybody can get to a point where they can blow through legend lost sectors in a couple minutes. It just takes the right loadout, knowledge and practice.

And now that the cost of exotic focusing is reduced, legend lost sectors are kind of worth doing again because they're the best source of prisms in solo play.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

syntaxfunction posted:

If you're chasing a specific roll of one of the weapons (I honestly don't know why, and I like the guns) I honestly think the normal mode and converting a tonne of pages works better. More pages seem to mean more weapon drops, so that's probably the easiest way.

I don't even think you need pages, it's strictly off headless kills. I still get 3+ drops even with no pages. I would just slam normal for drops, but it seems like there's a weighted chance for weapons. I get way more acosmic then mechabre, and horror story is even more rare.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MJeff posted:

I dunno anything about Haunted Sectors cause I haven't done any but I promise you anybody can get to a point where they can blow through legend lost sectors in a couple minutes. It just takes the right loadout, knowledge and practice.

And now that the cost of exotic focusing is reduced, legend lost sectors are kind of worth doing again because they're the best source of prisms in solo play.

Legend haunted sectors are significantly harder than legend/master normal sectors

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Legend spooky sectors are harder than grandmaster nightfalls. At least you have cover to duck behind in GMs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They aren't THAT bad, but they are annoying

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I don't like Immaru being in the Halloween event. Feels way too juxtaposed and some lines are just... ugh.

"Yeahhhh... didn't think so."

:vomarine:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
you make your own fun in destiny, anyway. it's kind of funny to queue into matchmade legend haunted sectors as a stronghold banner of war titan and see how many revives you can get in five minutes. i'm helping!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

They aren't THAT bad, but they are annoying

They are actually pretty bad. You have to stand in a specific area while enemies with a level advantage spawn all around you. Then a boss spawns right on top of you and will probably do a stomp that hurts and disorients you. Also there may be an invulnerable boss bombing that spot that you can't do anything about. Unless you have the best survival abilities procced for most of that time, you're definitely going to die in there. Also it seems to drop almost no special or heavy ammo for whatever reason so I hope you have a really good primary

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The cabal boss in particular is brutal with a machine gun that kills in only a few taps even at full resistance.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MJeff posted:

Eva showing up is generally your cue that it's okay to take a break until next season.
I'm glad I already have the title from last year, there are a few of the tasks that look like annoying bullshit this time round. I'm only going to bother with the ones with masks associated.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vault from space. The only thing left is more vault space and they've checked all the boxes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Imagine if grinding an event unlocked additional vault spaces. Engagement numbers would skyrocket.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Final Shape will winnow away the vault spaces, leading to Destiny's first 100,000 man raid

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just landed in an instance of the nessus haunted lost sector where the headless ones had stopped spawning, and there were no pumpkin charges lying round, so the boss was just invincible I guess?

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just landed in an instance of the nessus haunted lost sector where the headless ones had stopped spawning, and there were no pumpkin charges lying round, so the boss was just invincible I guess?
I've had that happen a couple times now. I think the headless ones stop spawning after 15 total, so if they've wasted too many charges (you need 6 and can get 15, so they'd have to waste more than 9), it's basically softlocked on the boss. Sometimes there are charges that automatically respawn near where the boss spawns, but they haven't always been there for me either.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cleaning out the ol' exotic backlog and got me the Lament and Vexcalibur. Rip in peace Asher Mir, you died as you lived - cranky and mostly a robot

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

:siren: NEW PEOPLE PSA

Xûr (currently in the tower hangar) is selling the menagerie armour set. For some reason this comes with the Shadow Gilt shader, which is black / gold and looks good on almost everything.

Buy a piece of armour, dismantle it, and you get the shader. This is currently the only way to get this shader.

The armour set is also fancy as hell but mostly buy it so you can add Shadow Gilt to your dressup box.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Xûr (currently in the tower hangar) is selling the menagerie armour set. For some reason this comes with the Shadow Gilt shader, which is black / gold and looks good on almost everything.

Buy a piece of armour, dismantle it, and you get the shader. This is currently the only way to get this shader.

The armour set is also fancy as hell but mostly buy it so you can add Shadow Gilt to your dressup box.

It's also a pretty decent roll of it for Titans, and also the lore on it is funny

Calus commissioned fanfiction of you being his bestie

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Awesome, thank you!

I just started playing again after bailing after launch and I am actually enjoying the catchup game. I have discovered:

1. I am still dogshit @ Crucible
2. Gambit is pretty cool
3. The jump in difficulty between the regular and legendary campaign is huge - gently caress Kavaaust

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

bij posted:

Awesome, thank you!

I just started playing again after bailing after launch and I am actually enjoying the catchup game. I have discovered:

1. I am still dogshit @ Crucible
2. Gambit is pretty cool
3. The jump in difficulty between the regular and legendary campaign is huge - gently caress Kavaaust

kavaaust sounds like a hive name, gently caress the hive

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Season of Amanda Blowing Up was pretty fun, Season of Hive Mommy is pretty good, Season of the Giant Whale sucks lol

2 for 3 isn't bad I guess for this pass though

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Deep Dive was a pretty cool activity when people weren't being super pissy about randos not touching Toland, or the queue wasn't completely poisoned by scrubs looking to get carried to the exotic.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The titan opulent duelist helm is pretty cool too. Enough stylist if details itll look good with a lotta armor sets.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I liked every armor set from season of the deep. I like the ornament armor from this season, but the seasonal event armor looks super bad.

On the other hand, the Veiled Tithes warlock helmet looks like the time Savathun dressed up as Laura Palmer for Halloween and that's pretty funny.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
You’d think with how much I like Ghost that I’d be into a scary pope hat but i haven’t found a way to make it work without robes.

The hexwrought armor is hilariously horny and the miniskirt/heels are probably intended for female player models but my Lorelei Splendor titan is feeling very rocky horror.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

Deep Dive was a pretty cool activity when people weren't being super pissy about randos not touching Toland, or the queue wasn't completely poisoned by scrubs looking to get carried to the exotic.

Sorry buddy who dragged us into that, I both didn't know what that was and had absolutely nothing to fight that Tormentor since I'm just going through the story lol

Waste of everyone's time

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Whats the best way to farm candy? Feel like im close to done with the challenges, but still have half of the candy to go for the gilded title.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I got my candy pretty easy, and I don't feel like I did anything too out of ordinary.

I did a lot of gambit this week to just get my last 25% to reset complete. But I don't feel like that was a particularly great source.
I would think Spire/Summoning activities would be pretty good. Anything dense with low-effort enemies.

I still need to get my sniper achievement. and now that I've gotten my last desired neomuna weapon pattern, I'm not sure what public space I'm gonna go dick around in to try and do something else productive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Oxyclean posted:

Whats the best way to farm candy? Feel like im close to done with the challenges, but still have half of the candy to go for the gilded title.
If you're desperate to get it done you can do the Imbaru engine 3rd phase for 300ish candy in about 3 minutes. The runes are always the same and in the same spot. Otherwise just do activities and you'll finish eventually.

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I still need to get my sniper achievement. and now that I've gotten my last desired neomuna weapon pattern, I'm not sure what public space I'm gonna go dick around in to try and do something else productive.
I usually go to K1 Communion on the moon for any kind of weapon kill bounty. It's about 130 enemies, only one shielded enemy, and about 10 or shanks so you can get headshots most of the time.