Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

necrotic posted:

that is luke jr I think

Oh right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Erenthal posted:

yeah logansryche might be my favorite character from the old bitcoin testament

keep on trucking (in your ford 1994 explorer) you animal murdering, soda loving, tailspin fanatic

must have been so gutted to see disney actually use the tailspin IP in a recent movie

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

necrotic posted:

that is luke jr I think

Luke dash Jr

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

loganscryce was the one who was going to buy a movie theater with bitcoins and show old movies and cartoons using Creative Commons licensing and had an extensive list of sodas and candy he was going to sell when totally legally screening movies

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also I believe he was expecting to use a $500 conference room projector for a full size movie theater

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

furry obsessed with Tailspin. Wanted to buy the rights from Disney so he could (get other people to) make new episodes. relentlessly bothered people on a voice acting forum to commit to the project, oblivious to the fact that disney were never going to get back to him

serial ideas man:

- second life animal shelter (they all died)
- buy gift cards with bitcoins! (couldn't calculate 10% markup correctly. hosed up his only sale, whined about having to borrow $10 to refund the guy)
- some kind of web development (billed a guy for 7 hours work to upload a single 120MB file, asked for more money when the upload kept failing)
- bitcoin theatre (renovation plan consisted entirely of fast food equipment. thought cinemas got movies by buying them on DVD)
- sell electronic components (components were ripped from old PCBs with pliers or burnt off with a blowlamp, prices were higher than brand new components)
- custom guitar picks (thought a Creative Commons licence was a thing you get, like a drivers licence, which lets you ignore copyright)
- ghost TV channel (used the ghostbusters logo, thought Creative Commons would let him stream existing TV shows)
- electronic recycling (got $23 scrap value for selling a broken dryer and found 3 old TVs in the street. immediately started pestering industrial recyclers and looking for a warehouse property where he could pay people to strip thousands of items per week)

i'm sure there were 2 or 3 others as well

Edit: tried to make it as a gaming youtuber. mis-spelled his own username in the fancy logo he made for the channel

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 29, 2023

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the bitcoin theatre was the height of his delusion for me though. i'm having a hard time finding the original business plan, but it was pages of stuff about corndog fryers and plastic cup quantities. the building was in some shithole town of ~9000 people. he'd never actually seen the building in-person and had no idea of its condition except from the exterior photos on a real estate website. he couldn't even calculate the size of the building correctly, yet was convinced he didn't need a surveyor visit. he was going to buy DVDs and show them on a mid-grade home theatre projector. someone asked him to describe the projection and audio system he planned to get and the one word answer was "Sony".

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 29, 2023

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Weatherman posted:

also the dude that was obsessed with silver and had that hosed up interview photo of himself covered with silver cutlery :rip:

have some respect for the dead, it was a gif

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

who remembers the chaps who bought a copy of Dune and then tried to make NFTs of it? golden times

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

who remembers the chaps who bought a copy of Dune and then tried to make NFTs of it? golden times

yeah that was very much in line with logasychre, thinking that buying a copy of the production bible gave them the rights to make a movie based on it:allears:

also in classic nft fashion they wanted to destroy the book after making the nft, because that makes sense

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember the guys who tried to buy some historic document and when they lost the auction just kept all the backer money

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sweevo posted:

furry obsessed with Tailspin. Wanted to buy the rights from Disney so he could (get other people to) make new episodes. relentlessly bothered people on a voice acting forum to commit to the project, oblivious to the fact that disney were never going to get back to him

serial ideas man:

- second life animal shelter (they all died)
- buy gift cards with bitcoins! (couldn't calculate 10% markup correctly. hosed up his only sale, whined about having to borrow $10 to refund the guy)
- some kind of web development (billed a guy for 7 hours work to upload a single 120MB file, asked for more money when the upload kept failing)
- bitcoin theatre (renovation plan consisted entirely of fast food equipment. thought cinemas got movies by buying them on DVD)
- sell electronic components (components were ripped from old PCBs with pliers or burnt off with a blowlamp, prices were higher than brand new components)
- custom guitar picks (thought a Creative Commons licence was a thing you get, like a drivers licence, which lets you ignore copyright)
- ghost TV channel (used the ghostbusters logo, thought Creative Commons would let him stream existing TV shows)
- electronic recycling (got $23 scrap value for selling a broken dryer and found 3 old TVs in the street. immediately started pestering industrial recyclers and looking for a warehouse property where he could pay people to strip thousands of items per week)

i'm sure there were 2 or 3 others as well

Edit: tried to make it as a gaming youtuber. mis-spelled his own username in the fancy logo he made for the channel

it's wild that "the mining rig heatstroke brain damage guy" is someone completely different

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
i'm pretty sure logansryche has some sort of intellectual disability, so much so that it makes me feel bad to make fun of him (although i have to admit the stuff he gets up to is very funny)

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Hammerite posted:

i'm pretty sure logansryche has some sort of intellectual disability, so much so that it makes me feel bad to make fun of him (although i have to admit the stuff he gets up to is very funny)

i was just thinking to myself that it sounds like he needs a nice quiet job bagging groceries or pushing a hospital cart to keep him out of trouble. i distinctly remember a gentleman like him who worked at the VA pushing carts. the nurses on my unit kept an eye on him, made sure he was signed up for all his veterans' benefits, made sure no one was taking advantage of him, etc. a good gig

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Haven't seen anyone use ^_^ unironically in ages.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

I remember the guys who tried to buy some historic document and when they lost the auction just kept all the backer money

is this the same group that discussed their bid amount online and some rich guy came in and bid like $1 more?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Hammerite posted:

a classic case of investing all stat points into thinking, and none into critical thinking

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Boxturret posted:

yeah that was very much in line with logasychre, thinking that buying a copy of the production bible gave them the rights to make a movie based on it:allears:

also in classic nft fashion they wanted to destroy the book after making the nft, because that makes sense

I'll never forget in my poop touching days where a guy wanted to destroy a banksy because nft, and until I had told him - he never even thought of taking a million photos in different formats, angles, etc to ever be able to reproduce it again.

Just "whee it's digital and that means forever!"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sweevo posted:

the bitcoin theatre was the height of his delusion for me though. i'm having a hard time finding the original business plan, but it was pages of stuff about corndog fryers and plastic cup quantities. the building was in some shithole town of ~9000 people. he'd never actually seen the building in-person and had no idea of its condition except from the exterior photos on a real estate website. he couldn't even calculate the size of the building correctly, yet was convinced he didn't need a surveyor visit. he was going to buy DVDs and show them on a mid-grade home theatre projector. someone asked him to describe the projection and audio system he planned to get and the one word answer was "Sony".
Willy on Wheels
Billy on Blockchain
Doobie on DeFi

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I'll never forget in my poop touching days where a guy wanted to destroy a banksy because nft, and until I had told him - he never even thought of taking a million photos in different formats, angles, etc to ever be able to reproduce it again.

Just "whee it's digital and that means forever!"

he would have taken the photos then put the photos on a regular rear end dvd-r

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Isentropy posted:

he would have taken the photos then put the photos on a regular rear end dvd-r

That's a generous interpretation of his technical capabilities. It was probably up there with a 90 year old monk using a rotary phone.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Sweevo posted:

- custom guitar picks (thought a Creative Commons license was a thing you get, like a driver's license, which lets you ignore copyright)

well it kinda is an Asperger's thing. I've seen logo fetuses on yourtube.gov think that they somehow own media companies or whatever

used to be in one of those fake-rear end "media companies" that were just Google+ groups - the group was called POE (for Powerhouse of Entertainment which is a STUPID fuckin name) and it was basically run by a guy who made animated logos for companies he made up. it was just completely full of annoying children I think.

also pretty sure half of them made GoAnimate videos of characters from children's shows getting grounded

ED: I dunno how this has anything to do with bitcoin but whatever. just wanted to share this

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

JAnon posted:

well it kinda is an Asperger's thing. I've seen logo fetuses on yourtube.gov think that they somehow own media companies or whatever

used to be in one of those fake-rear end "media companies" that were just Google+ groups - the group was called POE (for Powerhouse of Entertainment which is a STUPID fuckin name) and it was basically run by a guy who made animated logos for companies he made up. it was just completely full of annoying children I think.

also pretty sure half of them made GoAnimate videos of characters from children's shows getting grounded

ED: I dunno how this has anything to do with bitcoin but whatever. just wanted to share this

Did I dream this post?

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
someone did burn a bansky and made a video of it as an nft though. the piece was titled "morons", fittingly

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

rowkey bilbao posted:

someone did burn a bansky and made a video of it as an nft though. the piece was titled "morons", fittingly

didn't they also make an artwork that fed itself in to a shredder?

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Ariong posted:

Did I dream this post?

I mean I did write the fuckin thing. so no you aren't because it's there now itt

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Boxturret posted:

Banksy made the self destruct painting, and triggered the shredder during an auction, iirc

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Boxturret posted:

yep!*

also unrelated but some guy taped a banana to a wall and called it an art piece. another guy took the banana from the wall and ate it

ED: *actually no because Banksy made that

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the forbidden wall banana is the most delicious of bananas

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Boxturret posted:

yeah. the point was to shred the whole thing, but it jammed part-way through making the piece probably even more valuable.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

thanks. knew i was missing some part of the name

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

there's absolutely an open question of how much everyone was complicit in that banksy stunt because it's kind of hard to not notice a portable shredder built into a frame.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kw0134 posted:

there's absolutely an open question of how much everyone was complicit in that banksy stunt because it's kind of hard to not notice a portable shredder built into a frame.

Art sales are just money laundering anyway.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what i don't get is why he stuck a row of xacto blades in it

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Boxturret posted:

so the prosecution presented a list of chat channels, the defence asks if they removed any from the list, then the prosecution does a side bar where they say that yes, they withheld the ones with "fraud" in the names, because the defence asked them to

the defence is such a mess lol

I'm genuinely confused, what makes this an example of the defense being a mess? Unless Sam wasn't in those channels, wouldn't the prosecution love to admit those into evidence?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

kalensc posted:

I'm genuinely confused, what makes this an example of the defense being a mess? Unless Sam wasn't in those channels, wouldn't the prosecution love to admit those into evidence?

because you shouldn't specifically ask your guy about them if you had them intentionally removed

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

must have taken so much restraint for the prosecutor not to just blurt out in front of the jury "because you specifically requested all the ones that said "fraud crimes go here" be removed"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm a fan of the guy who was given about $80k worth of banknotes to turn into an art piece, and he just gave the gallery a blank canvas called "take the money and run"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

kalensc posted:

yeah sorry if I wasn't being clear, but at some time before the defense had asked for those channels to not be included in the list then later the defense asked the prosecution some channels were omitted, which, yeah there were, because the defense didn't want sam using a channel called "wire fraud" to come up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

basically:
D-please leave that bit of evidence out
P-okay i guess

later

D-did you leave any of this evidence out
P-you asked us to :suicide: