Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I was completely charmed when I learned the Czech month names, they are so cool. I think I called May "Cauliflower" once or twice, though.
e: welcome to page dvě stě třicet jedna

Albinator fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Modern Egyptian (weekday) ones are boring except for Friday:

First day (Sunday)
Second day
Third day
Fourth day
Fifth day
Gathering/congregation day (Friday = day many go to mosque for Friday midday prayers)
Seventh day

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm surprised that English didn't go to Oneday Twoday Threeday Fourday Fiveday Sixday Churchday during the Puritan era.

Can't have people thinking about moon gods and such.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fucky took a ban for posting a widely spread video of grotesque Israeli destruction. Mad times

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Who's Fucky?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Microplastics posted:

Who's Fucky?

Fuctifino. The bong ripping posting legend

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Oh yeah. I remember that, I think he shared that post here and said he was expecting a ban for it too. I haven't yet geared myself up to watch the video in question

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I have been told that Welsh days of the week stick close to the Roman gods.

Dydd Sul is Sunday and Sul is Sol (I think)
Dydd Llun is Monday and llun is Moon
Dydd Mawrth is Tuesday and Mawrth is Mars
Dydd Mercher is Wednesday and Mercher is Mercury
Dydd Iau is Thursday and Iau is Jupiter
Dydd Gwener is Friday and Gwener is Venus
Dydd Sadwrn is Saturday and Sadwrn is Saturn

Why Welsh has done this when other languages changed their days I have no idea.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Guys I’ve come back from London to find three cats in my flat. I do not own cats. What is one meant to do in this situation on a Sunday night. One is super friendly and I think maybe related to the smaller one that is tentative but not terrified. There’s also a long haired grey one that seems petrified and has not yet touched the tuna i have left for it in the little hole it’s hiding in.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Jakabite posted:

I do not own cats.

you do now congrats

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jakabite posted:

I do not own cats.

You do now.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Congrats on your new cats.

Maybe your landlord wants you out, and is gonna hit you with an inspection tomorrow, finding you breaking his strict no pets rule

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Guys I’ve come back from London to find three cats in my flat.

Hope you've learned your lesson.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Cats coming over here taking our flats and they don't speak the language!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Jakabite posted:

Guys I’ve come back from London to find three ca--

POST PICS

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Do you have a cat flap?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Hope you've learned your lesson.
Always go to London and return to find additional cats?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
You may be about to become a daddy too.. strange cats invading flats sometimes looking for a nice birthing nest.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
How did the cats get in?

Did you leave your front door wide open while you were away?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cat gremlins. Also seconding post pics.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Pistol_Pete posted:

How did the cats get in?

Did you leave your front door wide open while you were away?

Cats are liquid. Was a tap left running?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
darth shithouse

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Don't doxx Wes Streeting's Star Wars: The Old Republic account.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The North will simply heat up to become as rich as London

https://twitter.com/MaxJerneck/status/1718696809172734338

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Death valley, naturally, is the economic center of the galaxy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Belgrave Gate in Leicester must have raised the GDP of the whole area ten thousand fold when those jugs of acetone went up last Friday.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
they've put the tape up upside down, norman :mad:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Belgrave Gate in Leicester must have raised the GDP of the whole area ten thousand fold when those jugs of acetone went up last Friday.

Calling the beauty queen's cosmetics helpline "THIS WASN'T WHAT I MEANT WHEN I SAID I WANTED HOT JUGS"

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Turns out they belong to some neighbours but neither of us can work out how they got out of their flat or into mine. I’m relieved but a bit sad as I’d have liked to have some new friends :(

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean my first assumption is hole in the wall probably inside a cabinet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Calling the beauty queen's cosmetics helpline "THIS WASN'T WHAT I MEANT WHEN I SAID I WANTED HOT JUGS"
Apparently the structure got so hot that the whole thing might collapse now, which going by the logic in that article is great news for GDP.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jakabite posted:

Turns out they belong to some neighbours but neither of us can work out how they got out of their flat or into mine. I’m relieved but a bit sad as I’d have liked to have some new friends :(

tell me when youre next going away and ill crawl into your flat for when you return.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jakabite posted:

If you fed them there's a 100% chance they'll be back

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Had the same cat situation but with only one cat.
Two floor terraced house, my family were all in watching TV in the living room during the late evening, and we heard foot steps on the floor above us.
As we were all in the room, we instantly panicked, who the gently caress was breaking in.
Heard it come out on the stairwell, and I was pushed to the front to check it out.
And back I saw two cat eyes.
We had a top bedroom window open, a narrow flat one. Impossible for your human, but not for the cat.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I pray to god a cat never gets into ours, I doubt the boy would hurt it if he caught it, but I am certain that roughly every object in the house would get knocked over in the ensuing chase.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

tell me when youre next going away and ill crawl into your flat for when you return.

I’d like that, maybe you could automate some of my lights while you’re there. If anyone other goons would like to crawl in my hole just let me know hunnies

I’d worry about returning cats but a) the whole thing was quite fun and b) I’m moving next week so they’re welcome to the place. Actually I might have to give my neighbours a secret key in case of further incursions

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jakabite posted:

Guys I’ve come back from London to find three cats in my flat. I do not own cats. What is one meant to do in this situation on a Sunday night. One is super friendly and I think maybe related to the smaller one that is tentative but not terrified. There’s also a long haired grey one that seems petrified and has not yet touched the tuna i have left for it in the little hole it’s hiding in.

Be careful about giving cats tuna, might give them steatitis which is very painful.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

grobbo posted:

Look, as we all know, the best Star Wars names come from George Lucas just tossing out whatever free-associated word happened to be in his head at the time, as with Greedo, Darth Plagueis, Darth Icky, Elan Sleazebaggano, or Tarys Chaclat-Oranj.

How did you forget notorious Star Wars villain Guto Bebb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm sad snooty game devs deprived the world of Doctor Clownius