Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Ash should have to file pokemon taxes, catching them all is a lot of income

Nah, he can write down the cost of pokeballs as business expense, which is one of the 150 tax code benefits you'll be able to collect and battle with auditors with in Pokemon: Death and Pokemon: Taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ash goes through the process of filling for bankruptcy after receiving his first bill from Nurse Joy

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Something that was really weird for me in Resident Evil 4 is that I recently watched the show 30 Coins, which is about this guy, a badass exorcist who was reassigned to a remote rural town in Spain where he now wages war against an evil cult

Lo and behold that one of the main repeated enemy models looks exactly like that. And also one of the main antagonists. So I just pretended the two share a universe.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Join us in 2025 for your next big pokemon adventure, it's Pokemon Hospice Care: Brain Tumor and Liver Failure

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

is pepsi ok posted:

nintendo adults are the disney adults of the video game world

is this unpopular?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've never played RE4. Anyone want to send me their copy of the Wii version?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

One meaningful difference between RE4 and the remake is that now Ashley is portrayed much better instead of like a helpless crying girl.

I do miss that they got rid of her ridiculously big ears in the remake

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
also hunnigun. I know I spelled it wrong, but the handler who disappeared for half the game, then didn't have glasses anymore

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I got Outer Wilds for 15 bucks and this game is cool as hell. I'm terrible at flying the ship though and crash land on every planet

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I got Outer Wilds for 15 bucks and this game is cool as hell. I'm terrible at flying the ship though and crash land on every planet

use the landing cam mode that points your camera straight downwards so you can see where you're touching down
everyone forgets about it

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

use the landing cam mode that points your camera straight downwards so you can see where you're touching down
everyone forgets about it

yeah, I know about it. I'm just really bad at this. My spatial sense is terrible.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Lol that people are unironically still using the same argument they did in middle school that “I don’t play Nintendo baby games, I play mature games like GTA 3 that let me murder prostitutes because I’m a big boy” (GTA still sucks now like it did then btw)

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Nintendo til I die

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i hope you enjoy it wild turkey!, its the one game years where everyone was like "this game is amazing" and i was like "it doens't give you the slighest idea of what to do, it's unintuitive bullshit and i hate it" and then everyone on the internet was like "no really, goty 2019" and i was like "fine i'll give it a second chance" and I ended up really loving it, it's quite a special game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nintendo fans are deranged and annoying.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

yeah, I know about it. I'm just really bad at this. My spatial sense is terrible.

any landing that you walk away from is a good landing. any landing you don't walk away from is also fine, given that you can't meaningfully die. you're an astronaut for Outer Wilds Ventures, baybee! Move fast and break things, as they say, but literally.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

loving swifites of the videogame world

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Anyone who is obsessed enough with any media franchise/entity to participate in a 'fandom' is deranged or mentally ill

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

deep dish peat moss posted:

Anyone who is obsessed enough with any media franchise/entity to participate in a 'fandom' is deranged or mentally ill

nah its pretty cool actually

as long as the franchise in question is good ofc

if its harry potter they can get to gently caress

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The landing cam in Outer Wilds is a "crutch" that doesn't even help, the people who use it understand neither the game's flight system nor themselves

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Resident Evil 0 is good actually.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I agree. 0 good res evil games.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah, it seems weird to have people insist its not spongey when there's entire mechanics about shooting the in the leg so they fall down

Enemies might take 7 bullets, but they also take 1 bullet + one boot/suplex if you're a MLG pro gamer.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

I agree. 0 good res evil games.

you die. you die and go to hell you son of a bitch

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!
Here's my hot pro-nintendo take: Twin Snakes is the definitive version of MGS1. You're wrong if you disagree. I want it ported yesterday.

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY JOURNEYMAN SIGSMITH Dick Fontaine

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

galagazombie posted:

Lol that people are unironically still using the same argument they did in middle school that “I don’t play Nintendo baby games, I play mature games like GTA 3 that let me murder prostitutes because I’m a big boy” (GTA still sucks now like it did then btw)

That's not what's happening itt; they're observing that adult nintendo fans keep getting confused or mad because their games tend toward younger audiences. These individuals want a mature Pokemon game because they don't understand the point of Pokemon

Kids games on average tend to be more fun than "mature" games imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
he's an unpopular video game opinion, MGS3 loving sucked. Just make a loving movie Kojima

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

QuarkJets posted:

That's not what's happening itt; they're observing that adult nintendo fans keep getting confused or mad because their games tend toward younger audiences. These individuals want a mature Pokemon game because they don't understand the point of Pokemon

Kids games on average tend to be more fun than "mature" games imo

i'm not sure what you mean by "mature" games but i immediately picture heart of iron 4 or crusader kings and suddenly i remember i wish to remain a child my entire life

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he's an unpopular video game opinion, MGS3 loving sucked. Just make a loving movie Kojima

He did, in fact he made 9 movies and called it MGS4

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

He did, in fact he made 9 movies and called it MGS4

you're ok quarkjets, also that game was literally unplayable

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
mgs5 was ok but didn't have david and was unfinished

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you're ok quarkjets, also that game was literally unplayable

Me watching Black Hawk Down while holding a video game controller: "This game loving sucks!!!"

That's what MGS4 felt like

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

mgs5 always had this weird melancholy feeling about it because of how unfinished and under-designed it felt. it was like, here's a really good core for the next evolution of MGS. wouldn't it be cool if there was an MGS game in it? well there isn't. also snake can't talk because we fired dave and kiefer only agreed to one day in the studio. bye.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
people were always like "mgs 5 is the best action game of all time" and i was like "the gently caress you think i enjoyed metal gear solid because of its action gameplay ???????

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JollyBoyJohn posted:

people were always like "mgs 5 is the best action game of all time" and i was like "the gently caress you think i enjoyed metal gear solid because of its action gameplay ???????

I only liked it for its ice melting physics

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MGS5 does not exist

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I turned off MGS5 because the loving opening hospital tutorial sequence can suck my fat nuts. It's good you want to acclimate new players Konami, but give players an option to loving skip it.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

galagazombie posted:

:qq: :goonsay:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

mind the walrus posted:

I turned off MGS5 because the loving opening hospital tutorial sequence can suck my fat nuts. It's good you want to acclimate new players Konami, but give players an option to loving skip it.

unironically the best part of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

mind the walrus posted:

Oof yeah that poo poo sucked. I should have stopped playing then... but then again, MGS4 wasn't too different for drawn out poo poo either.