Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

there is a lot of walking and soaking in the environment stuff but there's also overt action sequences in alan wake. I haven't played control yet but it seems a lot more in your face by comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

incidentally, control super big boy edition is $8 and yakuza gaiden is 15% off on fanatical rn, fyi. gonna nab both next week when pay day comes around

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Al! posted:

control made someone a bazillion dollars and someone handed sam lake a blank check and said no notes will be given

man finally has the money to do the weird auteur poo poo he has trying to do for over a decade while being hamstrung by publishers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

we need more weird auteur poo poo. suda 51 is dead and swery went back to his home planet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman posted:

we need more weird auteur poo poo. suda 51 is dead and swery went back to his home planet

patience. the prophet kojima will provide us deliverance for our gaming sins

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Kojima is too big to be weird, bring on the c-listers with nothing to lose

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

OK yeah that sounds boring

Wrong. It's good actually. Skill issue perhaps?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hope Ice Pick lounge is doing well.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Buck Wildman posted:

speaking of spoops and creeps, been replaying the siren games and reminding myself of why it's one of my favorite series ever

I love Forbidden Siren but have never played the sequel or the weird quasi-parody westernized remake. Really excited for Toyama's next game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I love Forbidden Siren but have never played the sequel or the weird quasi-parody westernized remake. Really excited for Toyama's next game.

the sequel is incredible and the remake is a perfectly decent retelling of the first game that sacrifices some of the atmosphere for much better graphics

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Edit: wrong thread

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the ps3 siren isn't a parody, it just condences a lot of characters from the original into singular roles for the sake of brevity, and yes some of them are an American tv crew and the locals make no secret of their contempt for them being around. it's good but not as good as the original imo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Astarion definitely fools like the worst one, just because where they do leave him off makes your character look like an rear end in a top hat. You spend the entire time helping him get better, becoming his first real friend in centuries, then see his hope for the future start crumbling - and you appear to immediately stop giving a poo poo about him the moment he's out of sight and just go on a honeymoon with your romance partner.

yea i laughed at how it just hard cuts to 'lets go on a dream vacay', they literally say like 'seems like itll be a while before we see him again!'

wildly lazy

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Buck Wildman posted:

the sequel is incredible and the remake is a perfectly decent retelling of the first game that sacrifices some of the atmosphere for much better graphics

Isn't the only way to play the sequel with a PAL region PS2 or I guess an emulator? Wish it had gotten a digital remaster like the first one did. All I've seen of the remake is that sightjacking still allows you to move your character around which makes the framerate dip to single digits. Kinda neat that Toyama got to remake his own game but for a different market.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

siren 2 was EU only so yeah you'll have to emulate but it's worth it, one of the best that's ever been in horror gaming

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm Brell Serilis, "slightly antagonistic"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Brell Serilis, God of Assholes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I think since the ps3 marketplace got shut down emulation is the sole way you can play the siren remake now unless you've got a ps3 with it installed like me. don't quote me on that tho

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Ytlaya posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
good joke, squeenix. alright guys you got me. $50 for a re-release of Star Ocean 2?? i hope there's actual improvements and work that went into this other than running an emu-loading backend with a copy of the psx ROM

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
rodcet nife is just a alien

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Xaris posted:

good joke, squeenix. alright guys you got me. $50 for a re-release of Star Ocean 2?? i hope there's actual improvements and work that went into this other than running an emu-loading backend with a copy of the psx ROM

lol yeah I wishlisted it anyway. it sounds like they re-did the backgrounds and upped the sprite quality but miss me at $50 for that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Xaris posted:

Looks like a full HD2D remake from the screens

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

if there's actual meaningful improvements I'll get it on sale. same with the suikoden remasters whenever they come along

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

rodcet nife is just a alien

star wars rear end name

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PostNouveau posted:

OK yeah that sounds boring

pffffffffffffft. 10/10

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Buck Wildman posted:

I think since the ps3 marketplace got shut down emulation is the sole way you can play the siren remake now unless you've got a ps3 with it installed like me. don't quote me on that tho

too late

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

I bought Punch Club 2: Fast Forward today. I listened to the first chapter like an audiobook, now I'm gonna play it to see where it goes. There are so many words in this game and they are silly.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

here's some real deities

Quellious, Calm, Sincere

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

Quellious, Calm, Sincere

quellius is a little glowing kid and her most devout followers are experts at punching

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I feel like I beat up the four-armed guy in the second Champions of Norrath game

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I played mainly on the server Rodcet Nife during the heyday of everquest, like between kunark and planes of power.

But I never realized he was the jesus stand-in

i was like 11/12/13 i did not give a poo poo about everquest lore.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So my wife finally recovered enough from childbirth for us to finish It Takes Two :toot:

Any recommendations for another cute/colorful couch co-op game? The Trials of Mana remake was our plan (she liked the SoM remake when we played that) but it doesn't have co-op for some reason so that's out of the running.

Not Mario Wonder bc we've already earmarked that one for a family game to play with our daughter.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

loquacius posted:

So my wife finally recovered enough from childbirth for us to finish It Takes Two :toot:

Any recommendations for another cute/colorful couch co-op game? The Trials of Mana remake was our plan (she liked the SoM remake when we played that) but it doesn't have co-op for some reason so that's out of the running.

Not Mario Wonder bc we've already earmarked that one for a family game to play with our daughter.

zombies ate my neighbors

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

loquacius posted:

Good Job!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

loquacius posted:

Castle Crashers

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

seconded. great game

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

Al! posted:

zombies ate my neighbors

I'm sorry to hear that but take it to e/n please. Only serious gamer chat here.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Castle Crashers

only problem with castle crashers now is finding other people online to play with. it was pretty much dead when i last tried a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

A Way Out if you havent played that yet. You both get to be cool dudes but it's a good game by the same studio and also has many tender moments. she'll like it for sure

stewdew valley has co-op. gotta play portal 2 with your wife sooner or later. wanna get wife to go the gamer route? try terraria

now throw all that out. get https://store.steampowered.com/app/528230/SYNTHETIK_Legion_Rising/. it's colorful. it's cute. most importantly, it's hardcore