Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

I’d watch this TV show.

Lmao holy poo poo

esp the last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Gonz posted:

I’d watch this TV show.

:lol:
:five:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gonz posted:

I’d watch this TV show.

Lloyd just needs help moving some rope across state lines

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Absolutely marvellous. Gomez is the best, so elegant

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Without a doubt, the phrase “very extravagant man” was used in the prompt.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gonz posted:

I’d watch this TV show.

No idea what this thread is about or why I clicked but this got me interested

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really like the ones where he's essentially threatening people or creeping them out. To me the best ones are where he is just outright bewildering people or really getting them in on a long game like when he tells the kid he's going to have a video game tournament and the kid starts talking about how he can pwn n00bs

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I don't really like the ones where he's essentially threatening people or creeping them out. To me the best ones are where he is just outright bewildering people or really getting them in on a long game like when he tells the kid he's going to have a video game tournament and the kid starts talking about how he can pwn n00bs

Same. I listened to that LPC radio stream once and some bits came across to me as really skeevy and he sounded like a legit creep and then I turned it off.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Khanstant posted:

No idea what this thread is about or why I clicked but this got me interested

Sir, I welcome you to share in the splendor. For untold rewards await you.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Also, I should specify that I have nothing to do with those AI creations. My brother sent them to me earlier today; I think he found them on Twitter or something.

I hope whomever is behind them makes a whole hell of a lot more of them. I’ve gotta see what Uno Sarcagian Garabaldian and Yucatan Suckaman look like. Same for Fifi Nono, Luther Manhole and Ben Claypaper.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Gonz posted:

Also, I should specify that I have nothing to do with those AI creations. My brother sent them to me earlier today; I think he found them on Twitter or something.

I hope whomever is behind them makes a whole hell of a lot more of them. I’ve gotta see what Uno Sarcagian Garabaldian and Yucatan Suckaman look like. Same for Fifi Nono, Luther Manhole and Ben Claypaper.

True or false, you're full of excuses.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

covidstomper58 posted:

True or false, you're full of excuses.

Some kinda big ho-ax up ‘ere.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Yeah, that's fair. It's also okay if you're not into the stuff where he's annoying people at work by repeatedly calling them.

The only time I remember him talking to a kid about videogames was the classified ad one though. Funny enough, if that's the one you're talking about that's one he felt was too mean spirited, because it was getting a kid's hope up.

I think general consensus is the stuff where he's being goofy and just confusing the people are best, but especially some of the people he kept calling were assholes like the police reporter dude who deserved to be a little mad.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I sometimes wonder what he would do if he ever got a true sucker on the line who just agrees to give him a payment.

Fair ‘n square

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

you are going to be tumbling through ointment very shortly

how does that grab you

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“You work for UPS, and you drive a Humvee?”

“Yeah, i’ll be there in about five minutes.”

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Gonz posted:

“You work for UPS, and you drive a Humvee?”

“Yeah, i’ll be there in about five minutes.”

I don't care if it's a truck full of PUSSY

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I don't care if I put this squid inside your livin' room, how's that grab you?

I got a squid on my side.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

44 pounds....

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I didn't order no drat Tasmanian syrup!!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's gonna be me, my weights, and just a whole buncha workin out. Pumpin iron, ok? For three rooms.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

I didn't order no drat Tasmanian syrup!!!

I use real Vermont maple syrup bro

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If you got a gumball in your mouth, just spit it out. This is the time to make your voice count, just skip the mushmouth business, okay guy?

We're gonna be looking for some real candid responses about your weight, any odors you might have, and so forth, okay?

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Gonz posted:

If you got a gumball in your mouth, just spit it out. This is the time to make your voice count, just skip the mushmouth business, okay guy?

We're gonna be looking for some real candid responses about your weight, any odors you might have, and so forth, okay?

I want the Heywood from Food & Friends hero portrait

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What don't you understand?
I'M GLOBAL ELITE

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Four Fourteen Mammoth

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Just saw this ad in the back of Hustler magazine, y’all should check it out

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I have been living the last few months in deep regret for not buying the LPC Ultimate Session Bundle USB when it was last available, but thankfully it is back for the holidays.

https://du-records.myshopify.com

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Ralph Hurley posted:

Just saw this ad in the back of Hustler magazine, y’all should check it out

Absolutely wonderful. MILLAPEDES??

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Our etchings are readable, scannable, and retro-dimensional in nature. We don't want to be behind the eight ball without the apparatus because we can't transmit the syntax.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hello this is Jarvis

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I am at an IKEA right now and just saw this:

However, there are no orange donuts to be found.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
would it be permissible for me to maneuver your donuts

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

how about rolos? can you spell that for me?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Gonz posted:

How do you spell it?

W-O-V-E-N

oh never mind.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Twistidbreaaadddahhh

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
finally listened to his most recent and genuinely wondering if the dude on the last track actually knows LPC personally but doesn't know what he does for a living. "I know a guy who talks just like you"....who talks like LPC??

speaking of pretty wild to hear the track with old calls in it, just to notice how much his voice has changed. it's not even a gradual thing, the first 5 or 6 volumes he sounds pretty young, then suddenly he's got the voice he has now...? it's almost like two different people.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

JAMOOOL posted:

speaking of pretty wild to hear the track with old calls in it, just to notice how much his voice has changed. it's not even a gradual thing, the first 5 or 6 volumes he sounds pretty young, then suddenly he's got the voice he has now...? it's almost like two different people.

I’m pretty sure on the early albums it actually was two people. Listen to the calls they make to the radio station when they sing the I love to smoke cigarettes song. It’s two young stoner dudes with similar voices.

Besides the age thing, you also have to take into account people’s recorded voices and phone voices sound different depending on what equipment is used and how the fidelity of phone systems has changed over the years.

I’m Smelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

JAMOOOL posted:

finally listened to his most recent and genuinely wondering if the dude on the last track actually knows LPC personally but doesn't know what he does for a living. "I know a guy who talks just like you"....who talks like LPC??

As someone else said, I think you're mixing him up with the buddy who called with him in some of the early stuff and was obviously a kid. He's always had the LPC voice. That said, a bunch of the tracks in the 'middle era' use material from his 80's and 90's calls he didn't use in the original releases or sometimes edited a bit differently. So that would explain why you might have noticed a drastic sudden change in his voice around 2010, if you were listening to his volumes without any old material included.