Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I love Tom Cruise. Oh man that story is just so him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I know this marks me as :corsair: but: who? and huh?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

RandolphCarter posted:

I know this marks me as :corsair: but: who? and huh?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
He does the FNAF lore videos that goes into the deep lore of the videogame where animatronics contain the souls of serial killer pizza parlour owners.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

He does the FNAF lore videos that goes into the deep lore of the videogame where animatronics contain the souls of serial killer pizza parlour owners.

thank you. good for him

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I watched his Pizza Tower video and it had some good info but he seems obnoxious

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RandolphCarter posted:

thank you. good for him
not only FNAF, but also sonic, mario, resident evil, pokemon, and other games for babies

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

KirbyKhan posted:

He also gave the Pope a Steam code for Undertale.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

I watched his Pizza Tower video and it had some good info but he seems obnoxious

He, like FNAF and Wu Tang, are for the children.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

not only FNAF, but also sonic, mario, resident evil, pokemon, and other games for babies

And also with deep lore

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

KirbyKhan posted:

That would explain it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

:hmmyes:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

All entertainment except drugs is just a way for children to pass the time until they can do drugs.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1718653405785215181

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

I'm watching VIDEODROME for the first time

Very jealous

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

lol i actually love his voice. he was a very good Hades in the disney hercules. great smarmy villain who can just talk naturally without acting and sound like an rear end in a top hat

He's super-protective of the role too IIRC. He did Hades for all of the Kingdom Hearts lol

To his credit, he is very good in Hercules. That movie's on my wife's background noise rotation so I've seen it a grip.

KirbyKhan posted:

This week is the first time I'm hearing about Wish and this poo poo supposed to be coming out in November.

I had the exact same thought about The Marvels earlier today. Haven't heard anyone talk about this movie other than that it exists, and then I saw an ad a few hours ago and it's apparently out on November 10th? YouTube hasn't even tried to get me to watch a trailer yet.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

This sounds like a shitpost

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wake me when there's a heathcliff movie

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

how is Chris Pratt of all people the biggest actor of this generation and how is he doing it by just acting in cartoons. it’s all gone so wrong.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Best Friends posted:

how is Chris Pratt of all people the biggest actor of this generation and how is he doing it by just acting in cartoons. it’s all gone so wrong.
that's the Marvel Process magic

also maybe he's dirt cheap to sign for an A-List? i dunno. i don't find him attractive, i don't think his acting chops are good (just bland and generic), and his VA work is not great. but it's probably one of those things where he's famous so therefore he must be good

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

well that just happened

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Xaris posted:

that's the Marvel Process magic

also maybe he's dirt cheap to sign for an A-List? i dunno. i don't find him attractive, i don't think his acting chops are good (just bland and generic), and his VA work is not great. but it's probably one of those things where he's famous so therefore he must be good

he’s so utterly mid tier at best, and even that’s arguable. it’s infuriating.

starting to suspect this isn’t a meritocracy at all…

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

let's a-go, odie!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I can't wait for the Matthew Perry biopic starring Chris Pratt as Jennifer Aniston

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scavengers Reign continues to break my brain. It sort of fills the spot Raised by Wolves left, but somehow the cartoon is more grounded than my beloved, dead, absolutely nuts RBW.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Did anyone do an Assad Must Go meme with Keanu as Assad, and Perry dying yet?

I'd do it but :effort:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

He also teetered on getting canceled for being a fundie so maybe he's got dirt on someone important

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

Scavengers Reign continues to break my brain. It sort of fills the spot Raised by Wolves left, but somehow the cartoon is more grounded than my beloved, dead, absolutely nuts RBW.

i love scavenger's focus on the biome and i'm enthralled every time a bug does something weird

it definitely fits the rased by wolves shaped hole in my heart

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Justin Tyme posted:

He also teetered on getting canceled for being a fundie so maybe he's got dirt on someone important

he got a ton of support from the right over that

hes got crossover appeal bc he's got conservative cred but is naturally charismatic enough and quiet enough about it that it doesn't really affect his appeal w non-conservatives so having him in your movies an easy way to dodge it being protested for Woke

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Best Friends posted:

The folks that like the lego movie like it a LOT

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FirstnameLastname posted:

hes got crossover appeal bc he's got conservative cred but is naturally charismatic enough and quiet enough about it that it doesn't really affect his appeal w non-conservatives so having him in your movies an easy way to dodge it being protested for Woke
he's an action star who got his start on a show with a predominantly female demo. I'm sure producers salivate at his crossover appeal

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

he's an action star who got his start on a show with a predominantly female demo. I'm sure producers salivate at his crossover appeal

🤤

quote:

My first in, my first break, was I met a director and got to talking with her, and she happened to be casting this movie that she had written. That was ten years ago. That got me to Hollywood. I got paid $700 bucks.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I was an athlete growing up. I was a wrestler, I played football, so I can take a fall. I actually wanted to be a stuntman when I was kid, so I would practice falling down the stairs. It's just something I like to do.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I hope James Woods plays Odie.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FirstnameLastname posted:

i guess that makes sense

unrelated, I thought freddie had a decent new piece about subtley in media these days: https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/please-stop-having-your-characters i think it gets to the greater issue is that the internet has rotted everyone's brain where everything has to be explicitly told lest some 0.01% population of viewers Doesn't Get It.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
pratt is also arnold's son-in-law; he's in the club for life now

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What I'm getting is that Chris Pratt was designed to be a movie star by one really long meeting

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

if some studio wanted to design me as a movie star I'd be super down so I can't fault the guy

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xaris posted:

i guess that makes sense

unrelated, I thought freddie had a decent new piece about subtley in media these days: https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/please-stop-having-your-characters i think it gets to the greater issue is that the internet has rotted everyone's brain where everything has to be explicitly told lest some 0.01% population of viewers Doesn't Get It.

I remember seeing a take a few years ago that basically went something like "You can't have characters in tv shows tell lies anymore." and that article sure reminds me of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Xaris posted:

i guess that makes sense

Honestly this is why I really liked Resident Evil 4 remake. After the trauma of Raccoon City Leon tries to push down his emotions and attachments because he thinks it will make him stronger. Krauser is his old comrade who after getting betrayed by the government decides to become a mutant, literally exchanging his humanity for power. Leon gets in touch with his humanity through Ashley and then kills Krauser. There was no "We're not so different, you and I" line or anything spelling it out, it feels like a fun action thrill ride and you don't even realize how well thought out it is until after you beat the game and think about it.

So yeah, a Resident Evil game is more intellectually stimulating than most indie movies nowadays. Thats the world we live in now.