Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. It's rare that they look like they are going to lose this early. Last two weeks they looked like they were going to win for most of the games. Even when trailing they looked better. But today they look like rear end about to get blown out.

Hopefully Shanahan and Lynch fire Wilks after this. Season is pretty much over at this point but at least they might be able to salvage something.

It’s 14-7 in the first half. This is Kawalimus level doomposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Carillon posted:

Bosa really had fallen off after getting paid huh. I expected him to be a bit slow coming back since he sat out camp, but he hasn't taken anything over this year.

Bosas been playing good, he just doesn't have time since the secondary couldn't cover a bed with a sheet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mustached Demon posted:

Bosas been playing good, he just doesn't have time since the secondary couldn't cover a bed with a sheet.

Because Wilks is constantly dialing up soft coverages so the QB gets rid of the ball before the pass rush can do anything.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Yeah, never mind what I said. Hawks need to blow it up. This ain't it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure Purdys concussion got set off on that one run before 2 straight INT. He really shouldn't have played this week. Sucks to have the season end in week 8 but whatever.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seahawks showed up for 10 minutes and then decided that was enough. Clearly the fix here is to trade Geno for Russ!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lifespan posted:

Seahawks showed up for 10 minutes and then decided that was enough. Clearly the fix here is to trade Geno for Russ!

This is the worst type of Hawks game: promising 1st quarter then doing nothing for the rest of the game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
yeah Purdy is just awful and i hate it cuz his haters get to ride the coattails a bit more longer.

edit: And they score right when i post this. Need to look into those ints tho

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Whose coattails are they riding?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Never lost faith in my beloved Seattle football Seahawks

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wow, can't believe Seattle pulled that out in the end. They played like garbage from 10 minutes in to 5 minutes out. First in the NFCW!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Seahawks find a way to win yet again and will probably lead the NFC West today, but oof. Geno's really not looked good these past 3 weeks.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

i love being a fan of a team that won today :)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm officially ready to take playcalling away from Fred Wilks and give it to anyone, idk let Warner call the plays anyone please

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the 49ers were impossibly amazing and now suck rear end. why did they do that

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hawks bitch

Never in doubt.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
worst week ever. Hawks in goddamn first place. I hate everything. And 49ers defense are frauds.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

you love to see it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

epic bacon posted:

the 49ers were impossibly amazing and now suck rear end. why did they do that

Scheduled loss that gave them 3 injuries to crucial players, two have been out the last two weeks plus a terrible defensive coordinator.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Happy we eeked out that win at home against PJ freaking Brown but this Seahawks team does not look like a contender at all. Geno is an adequate placeholder at QB but that has to be a target in every draft from now on until they find one. I honestly think trading Metcalf before the deadline would be net neutral or positive for the team regardless of return, though ideally you get a starting DL or a decent draft pick in return. Pete Carroll leading the league in penalties is familiar and grating, and very nearly lost this game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

fascinating

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Im gonna get beer and pizza to feel better.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The 49ers no good awful October.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shindragon posted:

Im gonna get beer and pizza to feel better.

Personally, I'm rewatching the Hayden Hatten go ahead TD catch from last night until I feel better.

Annnnnd good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mustached Demon posted:

And we get to face another team with a bye after our bye. NFL hosed us so hard with this schedule this year. What a joke. Two thursday games. Two games against teams with byes. And we don't even get a real bye advantage.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Waltzing Along posted:

Hopefully Shanahan and Lynch fire Wilks after this. Season is pretty much over at this point but at least they might be able to salvage something.

It's not over, but Wilks might just get fired. He's turned a league-leading defense into one that's giving up career games to opposing QBs. I think the bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

Mustached Demon posted:

Yep.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Like he has to go. Time and time again 49ers been giving uo big rear end yards and long rear end qb runs

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Like he has to go. Time and time again 49ers been giving uo big rear end yards and long rear end qb runs

53 first downs the last two weeks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I appreciate Niners fans having full LostSeason.txt meltdowns to give this thread some life

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Benne posted:

I appreciate Niners fans having full LostSeason.txt meltdowns to give this thread some life

if it wasnt us lets face it would be yall

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

I know Wilks is the easiest to blame, but Shanahan's offense has scored 17 points the last three weeks in a row. If Williams being out is that much of a factor, then they need to absolutely be worried. He's missed at least 2 games for the past 3 years.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Maggot Soup posted:

I know Wilks is the easiest to blame, but Shanahan's offense has scored 17 points the last three weeks in a row. If Williams being out is that much of a factor, then they need to absolutely be worried. He's missed at least 2 games for the past 3 years.

It's not just Williams, they've been *badly* missing Deebo, especially his blocking

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Shindragon posted:

if it wasnt us lets face it would be yall

Naw, we already knew the Seahawks would be a mess. The question was more if they would just repeat last season or completely fall apart. Still time for both, but fun anyway.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Hawks are probably Paper Tigers but who cares leading the Division baby woo!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also the Panthers won today right so that's good for Arizona?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'm concerned about the suicidal tendencies the Niners offense has suddenly developed, but they averaged like 8 yards per play today, so going forward if they could just stop shooting themselves in the face I think they will be fine.

Meanwhile the defense is trying this "bend don't break" thing where they bend all the way to their own 10 and I do not think that's gonna be good in the long run no matter what the offense does. Like the offense has to be better on the 2-3 plays where their brain is falling out. The defense has to be better on the 60 where they look like they're playing with ten men.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think like burrow barely had any incompletions that game. If you cant pressure a qb or cover well enough they will burn you every time. Wilks needs to stop these soft rear end coverage, praying the defense line gets to the QB first.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Bend but not break is a legitimate style if you do the other half which is get stops on 3rd down. But you can't just keep bending and bending and bending. The goal is to put the offense in the position where they have to keep converting and eventually they won't. But playing soft as coverages makes it pretty easy to convert.

But this season is done because anything other than a super bowl win is a failure. They pretty much have to go 9-0 out of the break to have a chance and that is not happening with this defense. Thanks NFL and your stupid playoff bye system which is completely broken. Team still has a legit shot at the #2 record which is meaningless now.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I sure did enjoy watching TI instead of this crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

my home football team, the seattle football seahawks, won a close game and made a bunch of passes, so it was a good game if you ask me