Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Halloween Costume?
Bear (spooky)
Sexy bear
The San Diego Chargers
Typical sheet ghost
Whatever Spirit Halloween has for 75% off on Oct 32nd
Vampire
Al Michaels
Costume my mom made
Dumb homemade costume I have to explain to everyone
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gotta say I did not expect hand mangling chat in the GDT tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

trevorreznik posted:

Since this game sucks I'll tell some finger stories

1) my dad had an auger sever his left pinky , doctor wouldn't re attach it since the doc was drunk late on a Saturday night. Kept the finger in the freezer for years in a ziplock bag and played practical jokes on people with it. My dad's go-to joke was to see a kid picking their nose, get their attention, "pick" his nose with the stub finger , then pull it out and gasp at the missing digit, making the kid scream
2) neighbor was missing 4 fingers, I think in a combine but maybe in a flipped skid loader. We have a picture of him pointing something out where it's impossible to tell what he's pointing at
3) a more distant neighbor had a hook for a hand which was extremely exciting to all kids who saw it
4) my thumb is hosed up from when I was shooting guns at age 11, the slide came back and bit through my tendon and I can't hold a pen correctly. I show it to neighbors as a lesson on why not to play with guns, usually get confused looks

Ok, Ty.

What do you think about flag football in the Olympics

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mangled hands seems appropriate regarding the Bears offense.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

MoaM posted:

Bet it's fake, prob plastic

Oh probably but it definitely looked like glass and the thought "fan fights in the stands must get intense with the glass" crossed my mind.

I forgot that break dancing is in the Olympics in 2028.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
breakdancing is an olympic sport?!?

someone please breakout the kraftwerk "tour de france" broom routine

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

fishing with the fam posted:

I'm sorry, what??

da bears baby

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

MoaM posted:

Ok, Ty.

What do you think about flag football in the Olympics

I love the Olympics and love every silly sport. The more the merrier. I enjoy watching skateboarding, and canoeing, and snowboard cross, and rugby 7s, and pommel horse, and weird diving; give me more sports and I will enjoy them all. Except long distance running.

Breakdancing is a fantastic idea for olympics, there was a super cool early YouTube video of some red bull competition set to dj shadow that was just incredible

https://youtu.be/JKQ83Bo9g3s?si=Tlgaf3Zxk5dczr4N oh poo poo here it is

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 30, 2023

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cowards need to put pole dancing in the Olympics, because holy gently caress

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Imagine drafting yourself in fantasy football

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Great a dead Bear

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Tulalip Tulips posted:

That would loving rule.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I have to take a break from watching to deal with the baby, I assume the bears are continuing to suck?
But also a ton of penalties because we want to do the opposite of grow the sport

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

trevorreznik posted:

I love the Olympics and love every silly sport. The more the merrier. I enjoy watching skateboarding, and canoeing, and snowboard cross, and rugby 7s, and pommel horse, and weird diving; give me more sports and I will enjoy them all. Except long distance running.

Breakdancing is a fantastic idea for olympics, there was a super cool early YouTube video of some red bull competition set to dj shadow that was just incredible

Cool, the only things I care about at the Summer Games are track and now flag football I guess.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I really hope there's spare mouthguards because imagine picking up your own after losing it on the turf before putting it back in your mouth.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

imagine passing on yourself

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
The rout is on

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I do every year
Not the first time, mind you, but it's worth a late round pick that I might finally get my chance

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Bears suck

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bears might not be good

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

bean mom posted:

cowards need to put pole dancing in the Olympics, because holy gently caress

For real, pole dancing is pretty incredible

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

that's my stance, give me more sports

gonna be quite the tug of war to get nfl players to miss training camp for flag football

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I'll be amazed if the Bears can score 6 against the Chargers before the half

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

not ideal for the bears

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I'm gonna watch the hell out of Olympic softball, plus gymnastics and all the swimming.

Chargers going to go ham on the Bears.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

MoaM posted:

Cool, the only things I care about at the Summer Games are track and now flag football I guess.

I cannot recommend rugby 7s enough. The Fiji over UK gold medal match was incredible.

When my son was an infant I was a stay at home dad watching the live feeds of all the Brazilian events as they went on all day. Man I truly enjoy the Olympics

And as always I highly recommend men's gymnastics if you've only ever seen women's. It's a lot different and extremely awesome

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I really hope there's spare mouthguards because imagine picking up your own after losing it on the turf before putting it back in your mouth.

Especially with as much as some players spit on the field

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I’m sure the explosive Bears offense led by exciting white savior rookie QB Tyson Bagent can get out of this hole!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I have a couple friends that pole dance. It's an impressive activity if one is skilled enough.

If there's a dancer that has a great pole routine at a club I'd :homebrew:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
How was Bengals 49ers not put on Sunday night and this was

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

whos that broooown posted:

How was Bengals 49ers not put on Sunday night and this was

Chargers has the LA market.

Chicago is a gigantic market.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

For real, pole dancing is pretty incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFrZvNPxKk frankly ridiculous, and the ratings would be incredible i bet

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Android Apocalypse posted:

Chargers has the LA market.

Do they though?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The question my brain won't stop yelling at me is "have the Bears always been frauds except for that stretch in the 80s?"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I cannot recommend rugby 7s enough. The Fiji over UK gold medal match was incredible.

When my son was an infant I was a stay at home dad watching the live feeds of all the Brazilian events as they went on all day. Man I truly enjoy the Olympics

And as always I highly recommend men's gymnastics if you've only ever seen women's. It's a lot different and extremely awesome

+1 on rugby7's

that poo poo owns

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

my favorite obscure summer Olympic is trampoline. It's hypnotic

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

by the way, in 2024 nbc will air the big events live in the afternoon

this is what tv has come to

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The question my brain won't stop yelling at me is "have the Bears always been frauds except for that stretch in the 80s?"

Kinda yeah.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bean mom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFrZvNPxKk frankly ridiculous, and the ratings would be incredible i bet

Just make it a discipline in the rhythmic gymnastics event

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Yep. Their most successful teams since then relied on the defense and special teams to score, which hasn't worked since the colts got the rules changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Something about this game just makes me feel dead inside.