Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Looking at dumb stats because I'm a dumb idiot who likes looking at stuff 2 games into the year. Luka is at 41/11.5/8.5 assists on 25 shots per game and only 2 TOs lol. Cam Thomas is shooting 62.5% and 33 ppg in fewer than 30 minutes per game. Three guys have more than 12 three point attempts per game. Halliburton is averaging 12 assists and 2 TOs per game. Moritz Wagner is shooting 89% and has the third highest "player impact estimate" in the NBA on less than 10 ppg, while Moses Moody is top ten in VORP on basketball-reference and is shooting 73% overall. Georges Niang is shooting 21% and 4% from 3 and has the lowest PIE in the NBA.

Three former all stars have the three worst FG% on the year. Trae Young, Julius Randle, and LaMelo Ball are a combined 25/99

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 09:53 on Oct 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

Looking at dumb stats because I'm a dumb idiot who likes looking at stuff 2 games into the year. Luka is at 41/11.5/8.5 assists on 25 shots per game and only 2 TOs lol. Cam Thomas is shooting 62.5% and 33 ppg in fewer than 30 minutes per game. Three guys have more than 12 three point attempts per game. Halliburton is averaging 12 assists and 2 TOs per game. Moritz Wagner is shooting 89% and has the third highest "player impact estimate" in the NBA on less than 10 ppg. Georges Niang is shooting 21% and 4% from 3 and has the lowest.

Three former all stars have the three worst FG% on the year. Trae Young, Julius Randle, and LaMelo Ball are a combined 25/99

through the first several months of the season last year, sam hauser and grant williams were by far the best shooters in the league with well over 100% true shooting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Trae Old

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

so do we think Harden is playing tonight? Sixers are back at home, but the game isn’t nationally televised, so the star rule shouldn’t apply if I understand it correctly.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Security stops him at the arena doors, pointing out that he has a perfectly good home gym in his apartment he could be using instead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“James harden” should be an adequate reason

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the bulls seem like rear end

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

a new study bible! posted:

so do we think Harden is playing tonight? Sixers are back at home, but the game isn’t nationally televised, so the star rule shouldn’t apply if I understand it correctly.
The only way I can see them keeping him out is if a trade is actually imminent. When they kept him from travelling it was with the excuse that he just reported and he's not had time to mesh with the team yet. So presumably he's been practicing with the team and unless he's gonna get dealt in the next few days, there's not really an excuse they can use to keep him out.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

lonzos bit of claiming he will play again is a good one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/TripInChina/status/1718601575453937839

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

fart simpson posted:

they should be 0-3

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the nuggets are very very good and the thunder are different

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

lol good lord

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

euphronius posted:

I’m ready for Kelly oubre

He is so loving good and I could never figure out why the Warriors didn't keep him on their roster

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kelly oubre

Kelly oubre !!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pohl posted:

He is so loving good and I could never figure out why the Warriors didn't keep him on their roster

hes no jordan poole

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

:hmmyes:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

Kelly oubre

Kelly oubre !!!

I'm so impressed. shots didn't fall last night but evening else he's done has been surprisingly competent. is this what an NBA wing looks like?

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Pohl posted:

Objectively the hottest NBA baller he probably made the room full of good Christian boys feel uncomfortable every time he cast his eyes around the locker room

Ayesha Curry would be making so many cooking shows if he had stayed around

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

i remember oubre as a corner three chucker. and they were shots he should take he just wasn't sinking them at the time. i'm glad he's improved.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

most of my excitement is because he’s gorgeous

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Maxey is looking like he’s taken another step too. Sad because I bet on him to get 30 last night and he only got 26, but he seems confident.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Im really happy that the Hawks won, but i am even more happy with the plays that were being run.
This might be the first time in 5 or so years that the Hawks have had a coach with an actual system and it shows.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Lillard:

more like Lame time, amirite?

Also Middleton is already hurt.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/1719039490512261169

lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
ew

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can hardly stand watching NBA games on the hideous gray court that the Nets use. Some of these games will actually be unwatchable for me.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

designed in MS Paint

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

clearly graphic design is their passion

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In terms of JPGs, the only ones that strike me as downright ugly are the ones whose teams use bad fonts (the Hawks being in the thumbnail sure isn't doing them any favors!) but in terms of like actual basketball courts for basketball to be played upon I'm not really sure what effect they'll have on my eyes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I guess the Nets are trying to make their font look like the NYC subway signs? It doesn't really work, it looks like they just C+P'd directly from a Word document

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if anyone likes points in the paint, go watch the wizards fail to play defense vs the celtics right now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you guys should see the two china specific nba ads they have up right now. one of them is showing lebron and durant over the past 5 years with a sad love ballad playing over it because the other night was their first game against each other for 5 years

and the other is christian rock music behind a bunch of normal nba clips

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

fart simpson posted:

you guys should see the two china specific nba ads they have up right now. one of them is showing lebron and durant over the past 5 years with a sad love ballad playing over it because the other night was their first game against each other for 5 years

and the other is christian rock music behind a bunch of normal nba clips

I really want to see this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

I really want to see this

im gonna see if i can screen record them at some point. i assume the people who put together the christian rock hype video thought it was just an inspirational song and didnt know it was religious lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

James Harden showing up this season is the Lucy kicking the football of the NBA

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

“James harden” should be an adequate reason

theyre trading away your favorite player, mate

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol harden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat, the Sixers had to give up their superstar big man to get it done

quote:

Philadelphia will receive a 2028 unprotected first-round pick, two second-round picks, a pick swap and an additional first-round pick from a third team, Wojnarowski reported. P.J. Tucker and Filip Petrušev are also part of the deal and will go to LA, according to ESPN. The 76ers will waive Danny Green in order to free up a roster spot to complete the deal, according to Wojnarowski.