Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Jim Davis has managed to milk Garfield for the entirety unnaturally long life. So much so that there are "Garfield Merchandise Buyers Guides" uploaded from VHS onto YouTube right next to their modern contemporaries. Somehow this newspaper cat has the same marketing potential as Disney and Pokemon. People know and buy garf internationally.

So it's a real testimony to Nathen's incompetence that he ran his franchise into the ground.

Garfield is loved ironically and non ironically by so many people. Despite newspapers being a dinosaur in a tar pit, people still know Garfield, even without reading the strips. He's still well in our collective cultural consciousness.

Running a Garfield themed restaurant should have been child's play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
To be fair, nathen seems to understand marketing, operations, and logistics. The fact we knew about it and it physically existed showed he had competence. The issue he faced was strategic planning, ie how do you turn a profit from this license? A garfield pizza place is dumb on its face because pizza is already saturated and doesn't require IP. The fact he didn't make fresh lasagna or some other novel menu shows he thought "garfield but what else? uh pizza!" He could have ran a true theme restaurant but that would require a larger investment, planning, and creativity. He's not a big picture guy, he wanted to wear the garf suit and everything was extra steps.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah just hearing that a Garfield-themed restaurant existed was enough to get people interested in trying it; just imagine if the food had actually been good instead of being a repellant physical manifestation of Nathen's overwhelming desire for fame

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
You’ll all be happy to hear that nathenmazri.com has been updated yet again. The whole tab dealing with clean labeling has been removed along with all the stuff about Eegeez and that weird virtual art gallery thing. He has added a new tab with his “podcast” episodes (all 3 of them).

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 29, 2023

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Frank Frank posted:

Pictured, a land monster:

I don't know why but it annoys me every time he writes "Honisoit since 1929 by the University of Sydney"

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

temple posted:

To be fair, nathen seems to understand marketing, operations, and logistics.

I'm not entirely sure about given the marketing and operations he's currently engaging in. And logistics was the downfall of the restaurant. Bad food, slow response rates and weird menu items (garficino).

temple posted:

The fact he didn't make fresh lasagna or some other novel menu shows he thought "garfield but what else? uh pizza!" He could have ran a true theme restaurant but that would require a larger investment, planning, and creativity.

This is also kind of to my point. If you look at the Dubai launch, you'd think he was launching a chain the size of pizza hut. He had this pie-in-the-sky idea that he was this "entrepreneur" on the verge of commercial history. In fact, he still acts that way.

If he had launched ONE North American restaurant instead of 3 internationally, and then focused on having a decent menu and to-go options, he would have done well. Covid was hard on everyone, but if -during lockup- you had told me I could have door-dashed a whole tin of Garfield branded lasagna, I would have been all over it. I wouldn't have expected amazing home-made pasta, but as long as it was passable, i would have been thrilled. As for other menu items, stick to junk food staples like burgers. Things you can make in the kitchen you've already got.

Dude was just on a captalism-as-cocaine trip and did any idea that jumps into his head. And he continues to dream about absurd scale entre-manure -ship impossibilities like running his own amazon.

Busters fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 29, 2023

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
If he had offered the same menu as the Dubai store I also would have been very tempted to visit. Like "holy poo poo lasagna kefir and saffron sauce ziti" (I do not remember the Dubai menu but I remember it actually having things that sounded like food on it)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Busters posted:

I'm not entirely sure about given the marketing and operations he's currently engaging in. And logistics was the downfall of the restaurant. Bad food, slow response rates and weird menu items (garficino).

This is also kind of to my point. If you look at the Dubai launch, you'd think he was launching a chain the size of pizza hut. He had this pie-in-the-sky idea that he was this "entrepreneur" on the verge of commercial history. In fact, he still acts that way.

If he had launched ONE North American restaurant instead of 3 internationally, and then focused on having a decent menu and to-go options, he would have done well. Covid was hard on everyone, but if -during lockup- you had told me I could have door-dashed a whole tin of Garfield branded lasagna, I would have been all over it. I wouldn't have expected amazing home-made pasta, but as long as it was passable, i would have been thrilled. As for other menu items, stick to junk food staples like burgers. Things you can make in the kitchen you've already got.

Dude was just on a captalism-as-cocaine trip and did any idea that jumps into his head. And he continues to dream about absurd scale entre-manure -ship impossibilities like running his own amazon.
I'm not going to argue with you about nathen being dumb. We are in entergreement on that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1718631372493894106

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

But he did, all the way through yesterday

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lmao

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I'm not sure I understand this one. Friend's star Mathew Perry died for my sins?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Busters posted:

I'm not sure I understand this one. Friend's star Mathew Perry died for my sins?

Well bloody sounds like you shouldn't of sinned so drat much buddy

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I bet Nathen thinks Justin Trudeau reads his comments.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jesus Christ Nathen

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Jesus Christ Nathen

#unfriended

I'm only friends with Entergaging Individuals.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dr. Quarex posted:

If he had offered the same menu as the Dubai store I also would have been very tempted to visit. Like "holy poo poo lasagna kefir and saffron sauce ziti" (I do not remember the Dubai menu but I remember it actually having things that sounded like food on it)

IIRC his dad had ownership in some KSA / Gulf States catering and restaurant supply companies, so his Dubai launch was just a matter of using stuff that was handed to him on a silver platter. But when he moved to Canada, he had to find his own suppliers and his choice was a generic supermarket frozen meal manufacturer, lol.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garf 2 Table

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I just noticed that https://egeez.com/ uses a ton of pictures of copyright heavy characters, including Disney characters.

Isn't that brand impersonation stuff exactly what Nathen claims to be against?

Also, you know you're pitifully unimportant when Disney can't even be bothered to sue you.

Busters fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 4, 2023

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

When those companies reach out to him to stop using their characters, that's the perfect opportunity to make his sales pitch!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Busters posted:

I just noticed that https://egeez.com/ uses a ton of pictures of copyright heavy characters, including Disney characters.

Also, you know you're pitifully unimportant when Disney can't even be bothered to sue you.

You must be seeing wrong, Nathen promised to take them all down six months ago. He never breaks his word.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Busters posted:

I thought this was one weird trick to get around copyright, just use a silhouette instead of a character front with colors.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He has so many accounts I missed his countdown to LIE

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1716793717107908795

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

This is it. The end of days.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

https://bsky.app/profile/ruralindexing.bsky.social/post/3kdp7nsilxf2i

Somebody call Nathen

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Ironically, that place probably sells way more FARM2PLATE than Nathen ever did.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

That empty space SCREAMS for officially licensed Garfield themed marketing material. It's infuriating to see such a waste if potential

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

steinrokkan posted:

That empty space SCREAMS for officially licensed Garfield themed marketing material. It's infuriating to see such a waste if potential

imagine how confused those people would be to get contacted by Nathen Mazri with a Garfield-themed plan to save their business

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Busters posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > GarfieldEATS: (cough)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Entergage your head and cough

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Always be entergaging.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1723529752290426991

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1723528904223125907

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Guys, I'm going to have to stop posting in this thread. Apparently Nathen is now a cyberpunk bounty hunter and I'm scared to say anything bad about him ever again.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1723205840138608949

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1G6PEO8WM&t=14s

Busters fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 12, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
This is not a good redirection in the story!!!

So how long till he posts Garfield cyberpunkfied? You know he's already asked the Ai for that.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

twitter embeds keep making GBS threads the bed, please post screenshots

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

dr_rat posted:

This is not a good redirection in the story!!!

So how long till he posts Garfield cyberpunkfied? You know he's already asked the Ai for that.

excuse me but all this time I’ve been informed that AI can NOT create art and yet here we are

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

For the first time I am suddenly sad that images cannot be thread titles

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

excuse me but all this time I’ve been informed that AI can NOT create art and yet here we are

This franchise really lost a step when it stopped being about divine psychic powers granted by wearing an orange suit and also nonbinary angle Gabriel who commands us to never ever gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

stop making him cool (for free)