Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Says it's ten bucks when I click your link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Air Skwirl posted:

Says it's ten bucks when I click your link.

Its a promotion they do where you have to have owned a game from them first and then gotten each game in the previous days.
You can still get in on the rest of the free games if you own the games that have been given out.
Which they discount after.
https://twitter.com/NoGravity_Games/status/1715032135701029178

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

OgNar posted:

Its a weird giveaway, where you had to have one of their games to begin with then have also gotten the first game yesterday.
But it was also janky for me yesterday when I saw the first game it still showed as $10 but when I added to cart it was $0.
lol nintendo cart
https://nogravitygames.com/halloween-giveaway/

OgNar posted:

Its a promotion they do where you have to have owned a game from them first and then gotten each game in the previous days.
You can still get in on the rest of the free games if you own the games that have been given out.

I wonder how many more times you'll need to post this lol

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Forever, because it's a stupid loving promotion that literally makes the one group more likely to actually buy your games now have no reason to. It's the opposite of good business sense, and is obnoxious to everyone who can't claim anything, making them less likely to buy in, to boot!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sounds like it's not worth positing then

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I appreciate it because it helps me not forget to claim each day's game!

Edit: and I don't go on Twitter anymore so this thread is the only place I find out their promotions are starting

Davedave24 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 29, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I think announcing the first was sensible to get people onto the train, but now that the train has left what is being offered is games-with-purchase and thus the subsequent days not be posted. Those on the train should be adults who can handle their own personal agendas after having been informed.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
It must be working for them, because they keep doing it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
:justpost:

I feel like as long as the message explains it then it's fine. It's a single post for each game and it's not like we always stay on topic here anywhere so it's not going to ruin the thread for those who aren't able to take part.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"So if i buy now i get a worse deal than yesterday? And this happens for a whole week?!?"

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I spent $2 on their game Picklock (which I havent played but doesnt look too bad), in the hopes that one of their giveaway games is Steve Jacksons Sorcery.
Which is probably the only game in their catalog I actually want.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I gave them my email to get a free game and then just have been rolling with it. I had to email their support though because the newsletter was broken and not sending but they sent me a key

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Just a bit annoying that all the games revealed so far had already been given away previously, so nothing new yet.
But hey, who am I to complain about free games.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

*taps navigation bar*

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

But hey, who am I to complain about free games.

Goons. Goons complain about free games.

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/connection-haunted-server-error-switch/

is the 5/7th game

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

OgNar posted:

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

It's gotten posted in here every other time it's happened but this feels like the first time there's been a bunch of confusion over it?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

if there's a free game i can't have, and injustice has occurred of the most severe kind

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

maybe read the thread you're subscribed to and redeem the games and you won't have to be grumpy about having missed a game

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

GreenBuckanneer posted:

maybe read the thread you're subscribed to and redeem the games and you won't have to be grumpy about having missed a game

i bought superhot on sale after having sat on a freebie too long but you won't hear me complaining about it here.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
actually, you will. the game was kinda cool, but it was short as hell. no way it was worth $19.99 msrp.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
Hard disagree. If SUPERHOT is “short” it’s because it wastes virtually none of your time. No bullshit exposition and unskippable cutscenes. Just straight to the action. It’s gameplay premise is one of the last truly novel ideas to have come around. It’s squarely in the “quality, not quantity” value proposition. It should cost twice what it does and we should be happy to pay it, because something of its unique quality doesn’t occur often.

Not to mention that when the sequel dropped, they simply gave it away to owners of the first game (at least on PC).

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The only bad thing about Superhot is that the secrets are certified bullshit. Jump out this random window to fly across the street and go through the wall that has no collision kind of bullshit.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

AARP LARPer posted:

actually, you will. the game was kinda cool, but it was short as hell. no way it was worth $19.99 msrp.

The money is hiding in the post game challenge bits. Double move speed but no guns, some other stuff I've forgotten since the sequel was free. And the sequel is basically making fun of players for wanting more and more like an addict.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
SUPERHOT was the most innovative shooter I'd played in years.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

SUPERTRUCK was an absolute blast, too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Another GOG freebie: The Whisperer

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/dream-alone-switch/ is the 6/7th free game

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't get it

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OgNar posted:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

It's just trolling at this point, right?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

not sure why you're re-explaining it every time

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the game isn't showing up as free for me????

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's a buy 1 2 3 4 5 6 get 6 5 4 3 2 1 free deal.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Best running gag on the forums ATM.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

It's a buy 1 2 3 4 5 6 get 6 5 4 3 2 1 free deal.

This is actually the best explanation.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
It honestly is.

I immediately discarded any thought of those games because A i dont recognize the names and B. gently caress having to figure out a ruleset for "free" games

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ZeusCannon posted:

It honestly is.

I immediately discarded any thought of those games because A i dont recognize the names and B. gently caress having to figure out a ruleset for "free" games

You sign up for the newsletter to get a free game then check back in daily, it's really not a hard concept

5 Second Poser
Sep 10, 2007

Don't You Wish You Were Me?
The Whisperer (GOG)
7B878-E31(six)7-54FA2-AE6D5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

5 Second Poser posted:

The Whisperer (GOG)
7B878-E31(six)7-54FA2-AE6D5

Thanks for the free game, friend. I didn't even have to purchase 6 previous games!