Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Item trading having friction means that my items I find keep their value better even when I start the league slowly, rather than being flooded out of value immediately.

Commodity trading having friction means my individual commodities are worth less than people selling them in bulk because buying them is pain.

Better commodities markets maybe, but the item market is OK.

Agree

Item trade is great, as is profit crafting. Converting divines into chaos and vice versa is not.

qnqnx posted:

A whole lot of words just to say that trade is indeed still dumb. Let the burn out seep fully into you and check out of this game, as I did.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I just wanna say - Path of Exile in tyool 2k23 is the greatest action RPG ever made by leaps and bounds. Nothing even competes when you compare the entire games. This game is so great and I will not be at all surprised if I am still playing it in another decade.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

pork never goes bad posted:

I just wanna say - Path of Exile in tyool 2k23 is the greatest action RPG ever made by leaps and bounds. Nothing even competes when you compare the entire games. This game is so great and I will not be at all surprised if I am still playing it in another decade.

Gotta say it: I agree

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I legit wish a company would release a 3d mmo with full character reset leagues and properly reused/retuned old content.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Nah. Game sux. Definitely not worth immortalizing on your skin.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:hmmyes:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Trade isn’t a deal breaker. Minor improvements would be nice but if it doesn’t happen, it’s not going to make me stop playing or anything.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

It's with a sad heart that I must inform the thread that the GOATSE guild tag has been nuked yet again

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Chris :argh:

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
This is a political witchhunt by the deep devs!!

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Would have liked to yell at them or at least ask for further explanation but I don't think that would help

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I nominate "NEARBY" as a replacement so that there's at least one concrete definition of that word in this game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I take back everything nice I said. Game is poo poo. GGG hates fun. And prolapsed buttholes.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I've been playing nearly every season for 10 years and even though I didn't get too deep into the endgame for half of em, I never got bored of the game as a whole.

Ggg is fuckin legit except when they clutch pearls over guild names.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
maybe I'm just a weak stupid baby but I'm kinda okay with having a different guild tag

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
Do they have to be 6 letters?
TUBGRL
GGGGM

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

theshim posted:

maybe I'm just a weak stupid baby but I'm kinda okay with having a different guild tag

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
GOATSF

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The guild tag should be FRANK

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Trial of the ancestors is loving me up. I'm trying to do the thing where you don't have ANY slots deployed (no field items or warriors) and I have no idea how this is supposed to work. The only way to damage his totems is to do it myself since I have no warriors but there's nothing to keep his units from taking out my single totem. Since I'm not deploying anything to my slots (warriors or items), I only have one to destroy making his job super easy.

I have that void sphere setup oh my gloves but it doesn't really seem to be making things much easier. What am I doing wrong?

E: Nm. Looks like the move is to hang back and kill everything, then go in and start wrecking. Ok. Any other tips would be appreciated. I did watch that video linked earlier but I'm not trying to use a team (so I can complete the challenge)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 30, 2023

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Frank Frank posted:

Trial of the ancestors is loving me up. I'm trying to do the thing where you don't have ANY slots deployed (no field items or warriors) and I have no idea how this is supposed to work. The only way to damage his totems is to do it myself since I have no warriors but there's nothing to keep his units from taking out my single totem. Since I'm not deploying anything to my slots (warriors or items), I only have one to destroy making his job super easy.

I have that void sphere setup oh my gloves but it doesn't really seem to be making things much easier. What am I doing wrong?

For that one you’ll just want to sit on defense and kill the other team over and over until their respawn timer is long enough that you can cap their towers

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

shazbot posted:

For that one you’ll just want to sit on defense and kill the other team over and over until their respawn timer is long enough that you can cap their towers

Ah ok. Thanks

theshim
May 1, 2012

whydirt posted:

The guild tag should be FRANK

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Last question - how can I tell if an item I "equipped" on one of my warriors was actually equipped? I don't see a mouse-over or anything that lets me make sure the item is actually on the warrior.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That Jade Hulk has an item equipped.

(Sorry for crappy photo, only one I could find on Google Image Search showing something equipped and it's a Youtube thumbnail from someone who really needs to learn video editing)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

That Jade Hulk has an item equipped.

(Sorry for crappy photo, only one I could find on Google Image Search showing something equipped and it's a Youtube thumbnail from someone who really needs to learn video editing)

Ugh, this is frustrating. This is a UI problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to equip items on warriors. When I click on an item, there's a "push square to equip" prompt that appears however, pushing square again on a warrior does not appear to equip the item. That said, I did manage to equip one somehow but I can't recreate it.

E: JFC the secret is that you cannot equip items on warriors that are on the game board. You have to REMOVE them first, equip the item, then put them back on the board. WTF GGG?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 30, 2023

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah idk it's dumb, same situation on PC

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I hope we get alternate sources of tattoos like in Heist/Ritual/Blight/etc. They're super cool, but I hate Tota as a mechanic.

theshim
May 1, 2012

They've historically been extremely reluctant to add rewards from newer leagues into content from older ones.

Delve could use a big facelift there, GGG!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

GGG completely scraps TotA mechanic, rolls in the rewards to the revamped Ultimatum. Then they finally see the light and nuke Torment and replace the general concept with Sentinel.

Hopium? Never heard of it.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

whypick1 posted:

GGG completely scraps TotA mechanic, rolls in the rewards to the revamped Ultimatum. Then they finally see the light and nuke Torment and replace the general concept with Sentinel.

Hopium? Never heard of it.

Taskmaster rolls into your TotA match, freezes time, and offers you a prize for shaving points. Winning with a single totem left, winning with you dieing 3 times, stuff like that

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Tattoos are crazy powerful. I doubt they are coming back, and if they do they will most likely be nerfed.

Enjoy them like you got to enjoy your 2k DPS bows.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

q_k posted:

Taskmaster rolls into your TotA match, freezes time, and offers you a prize for shaving points. Winning with a single totem left, winning with you dieing 3 times, stuff like that

Not sure what Greg Davies has to do with any of this...

...also your idea involves TotA still existing, which is ick.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
And my final challenge was to put a bunch of omens and tattoo things I already had in my inventory and die a bunch:

40/40 done!

I have no idea why it says "19 challenges complete". All 40 are done.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 31, 2023

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
League 2/2 of Frank Frank getting away with it

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
lol at ending the league with unsold/unused mirror

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dyzzy posted:

League 2/2 of Frank Frank getting away with it

League 4 ends with him being a top streamer and getting that juicy streamer rng.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

shazbot posted:

lol at ending the league with unsold/unused mirror

I'm going to turn it into an orbiting MTX thing if I can't figure out anything else to do with it.

Also "thank you" to whoever told me to use a void sphere setup in my gloves rather than AB. Void sphere let me use multistrike instead of melee splash for crowd control and make some of the more irritating DotA chieftans a little bit more tolerable. Seriously, gently caress that guy who screams "NIGHTFALL" over and over while doing that enormous AoE slam. Also the lady that grants resists to her minions and farts out purple poo poo everywhere. She can get hosed too.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You take one part Sirus degen puddles, one part RF and mix it with a little bit of shader-cache resetting patches